1980 Ford Mustang Hatchback
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 2.3 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old July 10th, 2010, 03:33 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

1980 Ford Mustang HB

Mr. Santito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mr. Santito
Lightbulb

1980 Ford Mustang Hatchback

Hello Modded Mustangs!
I have a 80 Ford Mustang that I bought for $300 as my first car. Surprised I barely got my first car at my age? So am I . Anyways, I've messed with this 'Stang for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what to do with it though. As I don't have much experience with car engines, I wanted to make my Ford Mustang into a Chevy Mustang with a 350 . But that may be in the future, possibly. For now, what I want to know is what I can do with it right now. I haven't taken any photos of the engine just yet, but I do of the body. Let's start with the somewhat beginning.

This is how I bought the Stang, but it had a different tail. I took the tail from my blown out (brother's fault ) 1985 Ford Mustang Coupe:

These are of after I painted the hood:

Here's one more change of the front bumper, that I switched and painted from the 85 Stang:

I've also added a little grill onto the little space on the front bumper. I don't have a photo of that either as of now though. I will snap the interior, engine, and front bumper tomorrow. Let me know what you think. Gracias.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I've also switched the tail lights with the 85 Stang. I'm also going to be getting new tires for the rims once things are running better, and take the rust & blue paint off the rims as well.

Last edited by Mr. Santito; July 10th, 2010 at 06:48 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

Supercharged 89'/ 85' SVO
11.945 @ 119.6

OHC230 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the 2.3 forums. Your car looks like a good car to start with. The first typical mods people do to 2.3's, are headers and exhaust, cam, and then head machining. If you have a lot of $$ in your budget, maybe a turbo swap is something you want to shoot for. Either way, 2.3 engines can make loads of power!

TVS Supercharged SVO 2.7L

528 HP
561 ft lb
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:38 AM   #3
Regular

1989 Mustang

89Bullitt is on a distinguished road

Cool!!!!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2-3-mustangs/173685-1980-ford-mustang-hatchback.html
Posted By For Type Date
1980 Ford Mustang Hatchback This thread Refback July 10th, 2010 04:09 PM

Threads Similar to: 1980 Ford Mustang Hatchback
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Say hello to my 1980 Stang HatchBack 2.3L Mr. Santito New Members Introductions 4 July 12th, 2010 01:30 AM
1980 mustang vacuum leak cutthroatxxx General Tech 0 June 22nd, 2010 01:20 AM
02 Gt Vs 2004 Ford Focus SVT 2D Hatchback Paulnhbtx 99 - 04 33 August 1st, 2008 01:24 PM
1989 ford mustang gt hatchback lock petefreak 5.0 Mustangs 2 March 5th, 2007 03:58 PM