Anyone else have an alternator problem on their 06 GT? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Anyone else have an alternator problem on their 06 GT?

First off the error code was for a cam position sensor. Took it to the dealership under warranty and they say its the alternator, took it out today for a drive and the car just dies, batterys good but the car acts drained. So now I'm taking it to the dealer to get the alternator replaced.

Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Regular

Yep I had that problem about a year or so ago. New alternator fixed it right up.
post #3 of 16 Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Enthusiast

yea same thing replaced about 6 months ago and its dieing again. i dont know why?

Just a bottle and some mufflers)))
18yrs old S.FL

post #4 of 16 Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

it seams like a common problem on these cars. Use the search button, your symptoms are not new. When the alternator goes, it will throw cam sensor codes. Alot of times you will here some NASTY noises coming from the phasers too.

Bassani Crew Member #3
post #5 of 16 Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
babe, let's get packed

I had a dead battery, but it was the Shaker 500 CD player shuffling non-stop.

Wicked Topless GT 5-speed Crew
post #6 of 16 Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Made in U.S.A.

There is a TSB for the alternator going bad ... Ford decided to spec a new alternator and not make it replace the previous part number. So, if you go to the dealer to buy an alternator, you do not get the updated alternator. They will pull up your vehicle info and order it by what came on your car through the parts catalog. So, this is simple why people are still getting bad alternators more than once. Maybe a tech can find the TSB and give us the updated part number. Also, the general consensus seems to be that people with upgraded batteries like the Optima and Oddessy have much better luck with alternator failure.

EDIT: Here is the part number ...7R3Z-10346-B

Last edited by Nasty; July 2nd, 2009 at 09:17 PM.
post #7 of 16 Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Appreciate that nastystang.

If I were to go and tell the dealership, would they give me the new alternator that I would want instead of the model that originally came with my GT?

And since it's a TSB, shouldn't my warranty cover it with no charge, or is the 100 dollar deductible required(I wouldn't think so, but I don't know)?
post #8 of 16 Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Black5spdGT View Post
Appreciate that nastystang.

If I were to go and tell the dealership, would they give me the new alternator that I would want instead of the model that originally came with my GT?

And since it's a TSB, shouldn't my warranty cover it with no charge, or is the 100 dollar deductible required(I wouldn't think so, but I don't know)?
No problem. I don't think you'll be able to get it covered for free. TSBs aren't recalls so you'll have to pay the $100 deductible for it. Just tell them you want this part number alternator. Hopefully they will listen ..
post #9 of 16 Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to blk08gt
i have also had alternator problems. mine went out with 25,000 on the odo. ford came and picked it up and fixed it and so far no more problems (fingers crossed)
post #10 of 16 Old July 4th, 2009, 10:01 AM
More Is Better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyStang113 View Post
There is a TSB for the alternator going bad ... Ford decided to spec a new alternator and not make it replace the previous part number. So, if you go to the dealer to buy an alternator, you do not get the updated alternator. They will pull up your vehicle info and order it by what came on your car through the parts catalog. So, this is simple why people are still getting bad alternators more than once. Maybe a tech can find the TSB and give us the updated part number. Also, the general consensus seems to be that people with upgraded batteries like the Optima and Oddessy have much better luck with alternator failure.

Good post...reps!

Roush TVS Supercharger / T56 Magnum XL 6 speed
Steeda suspension /Big Brakes / BMR K Member
Mac L/T's / Prochamber / Roush Extremes
"Daily Driver" RWHP: 492@9 PSI w/ LT's
"Dyno Queen": 512@12 PSI-stock exhaust
Mods in Garage
post #11 of 16 Old July 4th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Regular

maybe a connection with the udp?
post #12 of 16 Old July 4th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Made in U.S.A.

No, otherwise Ford wouldn't have a TSB for them. It's a bad diode in the alternator ...
post #13 of 16 Old July 5th, 2009, 12:17 AM

Changed mine already once to,At 18k
post #14 of 16 Old July 5th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Regular

Yep, had Ford replace mine and then I replaced that with a PA Performance alternator.

11.67 - 1.64 60' @ 119mph
Livernois 298ci Stroker, Saleen S/C, GT500 FPs, SD 60# inj, GT500 T/B, Thump Tensioner, BGG 8 Rib, Kooks, Gords HE, 4.10, TrueTrac, Spec 3+, Pro 5.0

post #15 of 16 Old July 5th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyStang113 View Post

thx nazty, reps

USMC CREW
OEF Vet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stanggt View Post
You would think they used camm'd LS1's to launch space shuttles.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bill of Rights
(Must be 18, void where prohibited, not available in all states, restrictions apply)

Good Night Chesty, Wherever You Are
post #16 of 16 Old July 5th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Made in U.S.A.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010/128932-anyone-else-have-alternator-problem-their-06-gt.html
Posted By For Type Date
les alternateurs - ForumMustang.com - Ford Mustang This thread Refback October 11th, 2014 10:15 AM
les alternateurs - ForumMustang.com - Forum Ford Mustang This thread Refback March 31st, 2014 09:30 AM
les alternateurs - ForumMustang.com - Forum Ford Mustang This thread Refback February 19th, 2014 12:00 PM
What is 2005 MUSTANG GT ALTERNATOR PROBLEM? This thread Refback May 13th, 2013 11:01 PM
les alternateurs - ForumMustang.com - Forum Ford Mustang This thread Refback November 6th, 2011 05:29 AM
les alternateurs - ForumMustang.com - Forum Ford Mustang This thread Refback November 6th, 2011 04:45 AM