Anyone else have an alternator problem on their 06 GT?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (5) Thread Tools
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:05 PM   5 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Regular

06Black5spdGT is on a distinguished road

Anyone else have an alternator problem on their 06 GT?

First off the error code was for a cam position sensor. Took it to the dealership under warranty and they say its the alternator, took it out today for a drive and the car just dies, batterys good but the car acts drained. So now I'm taking it to the dealer to get the alternator replaced.

Anyone else have this problem?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:11 PM   #2
Regular

2014 Mustang GT

blackmustang285 is on a distinguished road

Yep I had that problem about a year or so ago. New alternator fixed it right up.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:36 PM   #3
Enthusiast

GT33 is on a distinguished road

yea same thing replaced about 6 months ago and its dieing again. i dont know why?

Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

2007 Mustang GT

silverstang is a jewel in the roughsilverstang is a jewel in the roughsilverstang is a jewel in the roughsilverstang is a jewel in the rough

it seams like a common problem on these cars. Use the search button, your symptoms are not new. When the alternator goes, it will throw cam sensor codes. Alot of times you will here some NASTY noises coming from the phasers too.
Bassani Crew Member #3
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:52 PM   #5
babe, let's get packed

2005 GT Convertible

Margarita Girl is a splendid one to beholdMargarita Girl is a splendid one to beholdMargarita Girl is a splendid one to beholdMargarita Girl is a splendid one to beholdMargarita Girl is a splendid one to beholdMargarita Girl is a splendid one to beholdMargarita Girl is a splendid one to behold

I had a dead battery, but it was the Shaker 500 CD player shuffling non-stop.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:15 PM   #6
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond repute

There is a TSB for the alternator going bad ... Ford decided to spec a new alternator and not make it replace the previous part number. So, if you go to the dealer to buy an alternator, you do not get the updated alternator. They will pull up your vehicle info and order it by what came on your car through the parts catalog. So, this is simple why people are still getting bad alternators more than once. Maybe a tech can find the TSB and give us the updated part number. Also, the general consensus seems to be that people with upgraded batteries like the Optima and Oddessy have much better luck with alternator failure.

EDIT: Here is the part number ...7R3Z-10346-B

Last edited by Nasty; July 2nd, 2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:20 PM   #7
Regular

06Black5spdGT is on a distinguished road

Appreciate that nastystang.

If I were to go and tell the dealership, would they give me the new alternator that I would want instead of the model that originally came with my GT?

And since it's a TSB, shouldn't my warranty cover it with no charge, or is the 100 dollar deductible required(I wouldn't think so, but I don't know)?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:14 PM   #8
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 06Black5spdGT View Post
Appreciate that nastystang.

If I were to go and tell the dealership, would they give me the new alternator that I would want instead of the model that originally came with my GT?

And since it's a TSB, shouldn't my warranty cover it with no charge, or is the 100 dollar deductible required(I wouldn't think so, but I don't know)?
No problem. I don't think you'll be able to get it covered for free. TSBs aren't recalls so you'll have to pay the $100 deductible for it. Just tell them you want this part number alternator. Hopefully they will listen ..
Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:24 PM   #9
Regular

2008 Mustang GT

blk08gt will become famous soon enoughblk08gt will become famous soon enoughblk08gt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to blk08gt

i have also had alternator problems. mine went out with 25,000 on the odo. ford came and picked it up and fixed it and so far no more problems (fingers crossed)
Old July 4th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #10
More Is Better.

2006 Roush Stage 1 Blown
12.4@117

DiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to DiMora

Originally Posted by NastyStang113 View Post
There is a TSB for the alternator going bad ... Ford decided to spec a new alternator and not make it replace the previous part number. So, if you go to the dealer to buy an alternator, you do not get the updated alternator. They will pull up your vehicle info and order it by what came on your car through the parts catalog. So, this is simple why people are still getting bad alternators more than once. Maybe a tech can find the TSB and give us the updated part number. Also, the general consensus seems to be that people with upgraded batteries like the Optima and Oddessy have much better luck with alternator failure.

Good post...reps!

My Website
Roush TVS Supercharger / GT500 pumps
Steeda suspension /Big Brakes
Mac L/T's / Prochamber / Roush Extremes
"Daily Driver" RWHP: 492@9 PSI w/ LT's
"Dyno Queen": 512@12 PSI-stock exhaust
Mods in Garage
Old July 4th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #11
Regular

2006 Mustang GT

limegold06gt will become famous soon enough

maybe a connection with the udp?
Old July 4th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #12
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

No, otherwise Ford wouldn't have a TSB for them. It's a bad diode in the alternator ...
Old July 5th, 2009, 12:17 AM   #13

numb is on a distinguished road

Changed mine already once to,At 18k
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:54 AM   #14
Regular

2006 Mustang GT

scramblr is on a distinguished road

Yep, had Ford replace mine and then I replaced that with a PA Performance alternator.

Old July 5th, 2009, 09:45 AM   #15
Semper Fi

2006 Killer

beefmobile is just really nicebeefmobile is just really nicebeefmobile is just really nicebeefmobile is just really nicebeefmobile is just really nice

Originally Posted by NastyStang113 View Post

thx nazty, reps

USMC CREW
OEF Vet
Originally Posted by 07stanggt View Post
You would think they used camm'd LS1's to launch space shuttles.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bill of Rights
(Must be 18, void where prohibited, not available in all states, restrictions apply)

Good Night Chesty, Wherever You Are
Old July 5th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #16
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

No problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010/128932-anyone-else-have-alternator-problem-their-06-gt.html
Posted By For Type Date
les alternateurs - ForumMustang.com - Forum Ford Mustang This thread Refback March 31st, 2014 09:30 AM
les alternateurs - ForumMustang.com - Forum Ford Mustang This thread Refback February 19th, 2014 12:00 PM
What is 2005 MUSTANG GT ALTERNATOR PROBLEM? This thread Refback May 13th, 2013 11:01 PM
les alternateurs - ForumMustang.com - Forum Ford Mustang This thread Refback November 6th, 2011 05:29 AM
les alternateurs - ForumMustang.com - Forum Ford Mustang This thread Refback November 6th, 2011 04:45 AM

Threads Similar to: Anyone else have an alternator problem on their 06 GT?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R.I.P. Alternator AggieStang 99 - 04 59 March 9th, 2009 11:20 PM
3G Alternator mustangsoldier 5.0 Mustangs 3 March 9th, 2009 01:19 PM
new alternator problem 01dutchGT Classic Mustangs 5 November 27th, 2008 08:37 PM
5.4L Swap - Alternator Problem Flapjack 2005 - 2010 14 May 6th, 2008 12:15 AM
underdrive pulley/alternator problem... 94pacecarSVT V6 Mustangs 2 April 3rd, 2007 08:48 PM