Modded Mustang Forums banner

Stock Internals??

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  05GTXR 
#1 ·
How much RWHP can i push safely...on my 05 GT? Daily driver...65,000 miles. Motor is completely stock at the moment...just wondering if I would have to do anything to my internals if im looking at pushing 415-425 RWHP. Looking into getting a whipple. And if i do need some beefing up under the hood...what should i go with?

#6 ·
The stock motor will handle 425-450 rwhp without batting an eye with a good tune, good fuel, and good maintenance. There are plenty of guys making high 400 rwhp and even 500+ rwhp with the stock motor including myself. I think all of them will agree the most important part is having a great tune and good fuel.

#7 · (Edited)
#9 · (Edited)
A guy on Fnsweet is making 697 RWHP with a TVS. He has a modded intake (Steeda) and a bigger throttle body, kooks longtubes, and a smaller snout pulley (2.8 inch vs the stock 3 inch), but the blower itself is untouched.

His webpage is here, and the dyno chart on his webpage are old...I *think* read that he made 705 on one of his pulls, but anyway, high sixxes is certainly attainable.

BTW I think all those numbers are STD...so SAE would be lower but still high sixxes.

P51 Roush Dyno Results |

#12 ·
There are a lot of guys making over 450 to the tires and quite a few making over 500 to the tires on the stock bottom end. It is all in the tune man, just make sure you go to a reputable tuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.