Why does everyone say you have to.....
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 22nd, 2010, 03:57 PM   #1
IBEATU

06 GT, 98 GT, & 93 Notch

stanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nice

Why does everyone say you have to.....

drop the gas tank to remove/install the upper control arm mount??? About to start it and looking at it seems there would be no need. The furthest forward bolt is in under the back seat in the center and the rest are exposed under the car. Just curious. I'll let ya know what I find.

98 GT: some stuff
06 GT: more stuff
93 Notch: 4 cyl at birth, now 5.0 drivetrain and stock exterior and interior= True Sleeper
Paxton/Vortech Crew Member #3

FRPP's #1 Dealer
Injected Engineering
BMR Suspension
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Authorized Vendor

BMR Sales is on a distinguished road

You have to drop it down so you can get the bolt out of the upper arm.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:22 PM   #3
IBEATU

06 GT, 98 GT, & 93 Notch

stanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nice

Well the bolt comes out just fine, its just the nipple on the UCA that wont come out. Dropping the tank now...

93 Notch: 4 cyl at birth, now 5.0 drivetrain and stock exterior and interior= True Sleeper

FRPP's #1 Dealer
Injected Engineering
BMR Suspension
Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:34 PM   #4
IBEATU

06 GT, 98 GT, & 93 Notch

Hey Dennis, roughly how much shorter from stock should the adjustable UCA be? BMR springs

FRPP's #1 Dealer
Injected Engineering
BMR Suspension
Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:35 PM   #5
IBEATU

06 GT, 98 GT, & 93 Notch

Also, you think I should use the upper hole(which looks to be same as factory) or lower hole? Thanks in advance

FRPP's #1 Dealer
Injected Engineering
BMR Suspension
Old January 22nd, 2010, 05:14 PM   #6
IBEATU

06 GT, 98 GT, & 93 Notch

Well mount and adj UCA are in . Gonna wait on the Rearend bushing when ever I adjust the UCA. Havent put an angle finder on the shaft yet but it looks pretty freaking straight with my guesstimate.

FRPP's #1 Dealer
Injected Engineering
BMR Suspension
Old January 22nd, 2010, 05:16 PM   #7
Skirt Chasing Philanderer

Kit Car/Ducati/Explorer
Nike Fast

1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute1RápidoZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Well the bolt comes out just fine, its just the nipple on the UCA that wont come out. Dropping the tank now...
To answer your original question... This is why everyone says you have to drop the tank.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 05:24 PM   #8
IBEATU

06 GT, 98 GT, & 93 Notch

Originally Posted by 1FastFox View Post
To answer your original question... This is why everyone says you have to drop the tank.
Haha, at first glance I thought it would be possible. I will say that the torx bolts that hold the tank straps are freaking tight. My 3/8 cordless impact or 3/8 air impact wouldnt break them loose. Had to turn them by hand most of the way. Lots of loctite on them from Ford.

FRPP's #1 Dealer
Injected Engineering
BMR Suspension
Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:17 PM   #9
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Dropping the tank now...
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:38 PM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

bigpappy33 is just really nicebigpappy33 is just really nicebigpappy33 is just really nicebigpappy33 is just really nice

i did it without dropping the tank...
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:54 PM   #11
Hardcore Enthusiast

tribaltek has a spectacular aura abouttribaltek has a spectacular aura about

I don't want to drop my tank. Please explain your procedure Bigpappy!
Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:37 PM   #12
Regular

2007 GT / CS

Black Baby II will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bigpappy33 View Post
i did it without dropping the tank...
Me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paxton 2200 SL, BBK Equal Length Shorties, Pypes Off Road X, Corsa Axle Back, Hurst Short Throw, J&M UCA / LCA / Adj Pan Rod, BMR Drop / Relo Brkts, FRPP STB / 4:10's / Diff Support / Hot Rod Cams, SCT Brenspeed Tuned, + other stuff

Cammed Crew #2
Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:50 PM   #13
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2007 Mustang GT

07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Do go on Pappy.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:58 PM   #14
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

bigpappy33 is just really nicebigpappy33 is just really nicebigpappy33 is just really nicebigpappy33 is just really nice

if you just loosen the bolt under the backseat along with removing the two bolts attached to the mounting bracket it will lower the bracket the UCA mounts to to give you just enough clearance to get it out. here is one of the write ups i followed If this is unclear. The UCA was probably the biggest PIA i did of all my suspension parts.

S197 Ford Mustang Adjustable Upper Control Arm Install | StangNet

Last edited by bigpappy33; January 22nd, 2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:04 PM   #15

2007 Mustang GT

07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute

if you just loosen the bolt under the backseat along with removing the two bolts attached to the mounting bracket it will lower the bracket the UCA mounts to to give you just enough clearance to get it out. here is one of the write ups i followed If this is unclear. The UCA was probably the biggest PIA i did of all my suspension parts.

S197 Ford Mustang Adjustable Upper Control Arm Install | StangNet
Yeah I did that too when I replaced my UCA and kept my stock mount. But what he is refering to is replacing the mount as well. It looks like you can get it out, but you can't.

Try again Pappy

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:08 PM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

oops! read too fast. Its a Friday and i started at 3! sorry :facepalm
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:21 PM   #17

2007 Mustang GT

oops! read too fast. Its a Friday and i started at 3! sorry :facepalm

Yeah...........right...............whatever....... .......

Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:06 AM   #18
IBEATU

06 GT, 98 GT, & 93 Notch

For you who havent done it yet. It was super easy and took me about 40 minutes. All you do is remove the 2 bolts that hold the straps which support the tank. The tank lowers down, you dont even have to disconnect any of the fuel lines. If your doing the UCA and mount, theres only 4 bolts on them, the 2 bolts on the fuel tank straps, and they're out. Reverse and your done.

FRPP's #1 Dealer
Injected Engineering
BMR Suspension
Old January 23rd, 2010, 01:56 AM   #19
Hardcore Enthusiast

2009 Mustang GT/CS
274hp 296tq bone stock

DRock will become famous soon enoughDRock will become famous soon enough

Is the rod end noisy? People told me that the poly/rod end lowers would be unbearable on the street and i can barely tell that they are aftermarket on a DD.

New setup coming..........
Old January 23rd, 2010, 02:56 AM   #20
IBEATU

06 GT, 98 GT, & 93 Notch

My LCA's are poly and the adj. UCA is sperical. I've heard a lot of people say that theyre noisey, but I cant even tell a difference in NVH. It could just be the volume of my exhaust, but I pushed in the clutch going down hill on a rough road to quiten the exhaust, and still heard no additional noise. I was actually surprised because I was expecting some added noise, but nothing.

FRPP's #1 Dealer
Injected Engineering
BMR Suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.