DYNAMAT Install w/pics PERFECT !!!
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Regular

07 Mustang GT/CS
@ 9 PSI

STiKillr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to STiKillr Send a message via Yahoo to STiKillr

DYNAMAT Install w/pics PERFECT !!!

Ok 2006GTARPD3 (ARKIE) and I decided that my car was unbearable for long drives at low RPM's in the cabin. We thought of several options, including returning the exhaust to stock. I love the sound of my car standing outside, however, I love my music too, and returning to a stock style exhaust wasnt an option in either of our opinions.
We decided to go to best buy to see what they had as far as sound deadning materials. On th way there both of us agreed tht we had to do something to it. We could carry a conversation fine until fifth gear between 45 and 55 MPH. The drone was horrible, like ear bleading horrible. This however wasnt always like this. Since i moved from 3.55's to 4.10's the rpm/speeds were drone is have changed. and were I do most of my driving takes place btween 45 and 55MPH.

Dynamat seemed to be the thing to do, just to try, before I changed the sound that i have spent so much time on tinkering to achieve. We went to Bst Buy and te only DYNAMAT they had was the Dynamat door kits. a total of 12sq feet per box. So i bought the onl 2 boxes and hoped it was enough. The mron there said, " we only use the door kits, thats how we do all the trunks, one box will be plenty". For some reason i figured 12sq feet wouldnt be enough. And i was right.

Now for the Install in the trunk

Tools Needed

1. Razor Knife or sharp scissors
2. Roller (reccomended, but i didnt have one)
3. Mild detergent, and water mixture (to clean Install surface beforehand)
4. A case of cheap beer ( cheap because the dynamat is expensive as hell

Install like the directions say

Tips for the S197

start with the spare tire well. run a peice along the vertical part, cut it to the flat surface and it will allow you to fold over onto the actual trunk deck and continue in the circle.
Save all your scrap. The dynamat absorbes Vibrations. Stick it in little areas
make sure you dont cover your fuel pump doors.
Lift up your wire harness and lay the dynamat underneath. then push were the bold comes out for the harness to clip on. The dyna mat will rip right through it allowing you to utalize the same chanel for your wires in the trunk.
Lay the dynamat like a vinyl. It is very sticky. Lay one ide down and press out towards the other end. This will keap a nice surface.

Press hard and form it to the contures of your trunk. It flexes very easy.

Have fun.

THE RESULTS

AMAZING.....

It tigtened up the sound of my music. Removed rattling noises i heard from my trunk. And my exhaust sounded similar in decibals to when i purchased the car.

Bass def. Hits harder. i had to turn down th amp.

Arkie and i took a ride. We carried a conversation, and i could even hear my intake sucking air again (its been a long time since i heard it).

When i talked to arkie on the phone while i was driving (something i dont condone ! Just a test ;o) arkie couldnt tell if i was in m car or truck because he couldnt hear the exhaust.

The only real downside i would have to say is the weight. It is pretty heavy for bieng a liner, however, the two boxes total couldnt be more than 8 pounds, and if that 8 pounds matters, just eat salad and quit drinking soda for a month .... You will lose eight pounds... maybe more, and it will make up for the weight.

The dynamat is in the trunk so i guess you could argue that the 8 pounds helps keep the rear down, Not sure if 8 pounds would make a differeance.

AND THE BEST PART ABOUT IT IS I DONT HAVE tO CHANGE MY EXHAUST !!!!!!!

On 3 Performance Turbo A 9PSI w/ 3 inch downpipe. FRPP Hot Rod Cams. 3.55 Gears. Steeda 14" Brakes. Steeda UD PULLEY and CMCV. BBK Throttle Body and Shorty Headers. Saleen Heritage Axle Backs and Magna Packs. H&R 2' Drop. TA Performance Girdle.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:12 PM   #2
It's in the details Mod!

01 Cobra Vert
Nov 09/10 ROTM!

M.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond reputeM.P. Cobra Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I just did the interior of my car. I forgot to post up about it. My bad. I am real happy with how it sounds. I am not finished yet though. I am doing the doors and the trunk. I did not use Dynamat though. I used Thermotec.

Pinup in signature by loish.net
Modded Mustangs Cobra Club#007
Military Crew E6

VOTED MM's BEST SIGNATURE 2010. THANKS STANGGTR07

Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Regular

07 Mustang GT/CS
@ 9 PSI

i only got dynamat cause thats what they had. yeah thats next for me, floor and doors

On 3 Performance Turbo A 9PSI w/ 3 inch downpipe. FRPP Hot Rod Cams. 3.55 Gears. Steeda 14" Brakes. Steeda UD PULLEY and CMCV. BBK Throttle Body and Shorty Headers. Saleen Heritage Axle Backs and Magna Packs. H&R 2' Drop. TA Performance Girdle.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:20 PM   #4
You had one job!

1968 coupe
To fast to clock

TCStang is a splendid one to beholdTCStang is a splendid one to beholdTCStang is a splendid one to beholdTCStang is a splendid one to beholdTCStang is a splendid one to beholdTCStang is a splendid one to behold

I used it on my doors and trunk. I was very happy with the results as well. With the windows up it just as quiet as stock if not more so.

Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM   #5
Samurai Vomit Magnet

2006 Mustang GT SC Vert

Alamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to beholdAlamo Stang is a splendid one to behold

I only have 3:55's, and do have drone if I am in too high a gear. With 4:10's is it necessary to be in 5th between 45-55?

sig by serbiandude
Vortech V2 HO Polished SC, Pypes long tube headers/catted X/mid mufflers, Koni Shocks/Struts, J&M Upper and Lower Control arms and Panhard Bar-488hp/425tq
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:18 PM   #6
Regular

07 Mustang GT/CS
@ 9 PSI

its not neccesary... but cant recall rpm's but in 5th gear i think im about 1800-2200 were it drones bad... pretty sure that is like 50mph or so

Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:51 PM   #7
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that you put it on top of the weather seal in the door...
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:17 PM   #8
Regular

07 Mustang GT/CS
@ 9 PSI

no just the ends are... it is cut behind and stuck to the metal... i overlapped the end of the dynamat over were i cut the plastic...however... i think if water were to get in there the speaker would be ruined

Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:38 PM   #9
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler

2006 Mustang GT
509RWHP/450RWT

2006GTARPD3 is just really nice2006GTARPD3 is just really nice2006GTARPD3 is just really nice2006GTARPD3 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to 2006GTARPD3

Johnny its beautiful!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:05 PM   #10
Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

RetroGT2006 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006

Dang, thats a damn good amount of extra weight on the car. So worth it though, especially if you have a sub in the trunk like you do. I want to do my doors just because it rattles from he shaker 500. =/
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:07 PM   #11
Enthusiast

2013 Shelby GT500

highwayman24 will become famous soon enoughhighwayman24 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RetroGT2006 View Post
Dang, thats a damn good amount of extra weight on the car. So worth it though, especially if you have a sub in the trunk like you do. I want to do my doors just because it rattles from he shaker 500. =/
Cheers, I've been thinking about it for a while, my Shaker 1000 makes the windows rattle inside the doors, even when they're up.

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
"Nice penis, Officer. "
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:15 PM   #12
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler

2006 Mustang GT
509RWHP/450RWT

2006GTARPD3 is just really nice2006GTARPD3 is just really nice2006GTARPD3 is just really nice2006GTARPD3 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to 2006GTARPD3

How much extra weight could it possibly be? 10lbs spread out?

Like he said, make up for it by dropping 10lbs.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:16 PM   #13
Enthusiast

2013 Shelby GT500

highwayman24 will become famous soon enoughhighwayman24 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I seriously doubt it'll effect your 1/4 mile or anything. Unless you did your whole car...

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
"Nice penis, Officer. "
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:17 PM   #14
Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

RetroGT2006 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006

Beats me on how much he used, but my friend did his whole trunk of something of better quality(or so he claims) but his car gained 100lbs of weight.. He also did his doors and what not.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:42 PM   #15
RLY SRS

ChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to ChrisJ Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisJ

I really want to do this to my car...
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:50 PM   #16
Enthusiast

2005 Mustang GT Vert

Beerhunter will become famous soon enoughBeerhunter will become famous soon enough

Do you only have to do the trunk to reduce drone? My car drones in 5th around 55 MPH. I would love to reduce the in car noise. Is it enough to do the trunk or should I be looking at doing the entire car....and.... is there even a point to doing this at all on a rag top?

www.TheLondonProject.ca
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:55 PM   #17
Enthusiast

YAWN!!! what??

lcorriveau3 has a spectacular aura aboutlcorriveau3 has a spectacular aura aboutlcorriveau3 has a spectacular aura about

Great posts, I have never seen any write ups. All seem positve. Negligable weight gain in my opinion.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:02 PM   #18
2011 September ROTM

2006 Mustang GT
12.04 119

Yur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RetroGT2006 View Post
Beats me on how much he used, but my friend did his whole trunk of something of better quality(or so he claims) but his car gained 100lbs of weight.. He also did his doors and what not.
if you do the entiire car and double layer the floor and firewall then that is easily possible

F1a Procharger 14psi, MMR 900, Tr6060, Remote tuned by Ray Mcclelland = Daily Driver
Numbers coming soon
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:11 PM   #19
Enthusiast

mjkids is on a distinguished road

hey, i did my whole car trunk,doors,front and back floor, and it reduces the noise alot

2000 ford mustang gt convertible
2004 ford lightning truck,,,,,sold
2001 ford mustang/cobra,,,,sold
2008 ford f-350 4x4 truck
1989 ford notch back 5.0
2006 custom build bobber
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:26 PM   #20
Regular

2008 Mustang GT

usnzt84 is on a distinguished road

great write up, now im thinking about doing it
Vortech Supercharger,Hurst shifter, Diablo Sport Predator tune, Pypes O/R x-pipe, Super 44 Flowmasters,Hawk HPS Brake pads, Granitelli Slotted and Dimpled Rotors, Goodrich Steel braided brake lines, FRPP 3.73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: DYNAMAT Install w/pics PERFECT !!!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dynamat anyone? Redux Audio/Video 14 October 21st, 2009 08:05 PM
items for perfect install !! SilverGT04 99 - 04 5 May 29th, 2009 02:40 AM
anyone use dynamat? supermachone The Clubhouse 18 September 20th, 2008 01:50 AM
Dynamat? Murderjetz General Tech 6 August 7th, 2007 01:11 PM