weld in relocation brackets and control arms
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:55 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
2011 September ROTM

2006 Mustang GT
12.04 119

Yur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the rough

weld in relocation brackets and control arms

got a set of umi weld-in relocation brackets and a set of there lower control arms to put on the car to try and help with the traction

first disconnect the battery and get the car in the air supported by the body. take of the wheel and disconnect the ebrake cable from the caliper

remove the cable from the lower control arm then remove the lower control arm

next if equipped (Not sure what years the cars had these) remove the weights that bolt to the lower control arm mount on the rear end

bolt the relocation bracket in place. i had to get a shorter bolt for the upperbolt as the kit did not supply it

now weld around all edges

let it cool off. paint it and install the control arm

hook the e-brake back up

and bolt in the front

i installed it in the lower hole and at ride height i now have it going slight up hill as before it was down hill pretty hard.

repeat on the other side

F1a Procharger 14psi, MMR 900, Tr6060, Remote tuned by Ray Mcclelland = Daily Driver
Numbers coming soon
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 21st, 2010, 12:47 AM   #2
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond repute

It looks good! Good write up. Relocation brackets and LCAs really help out a lot. Now you just need that adj. UCA!

Next time you're going to be welding on it it's not a bad idea to pull the plugs or even remove the PCM, regardless of the battery being disconnected. Seen a lot of PCMs get fried because of it.
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:50 AM   #3
2011 September ROTM

2006 Mustang GT
12.04 119

Yur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NastyStang113 View Post
It looks good! Good write up. Relocation brackets and LCAs really help out a lot. Now you just need that adj. UCA!

Next time you're going to be welding on it it's not a bad idea to pull the plugs or even remove the PCM, regardless of the battery being disconnected. Seen a lot of PCMs get fried because of it.
yeah the upper control arm is next. good to know on the pcm. Thanks!

F1a Procharger 14psi, MMR 900, Tr6060, Remote tuned by Ray Mcclelland = Daily Driver
Numbers coming soon
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:23 AM   #4
Resident Brewer

Anthony05GT is a jewel in the roughAnthony05GT is a jewel in the roughAnthony05GT is a jewel in the roughAnthony05GT is a jewel in the rough

The lower relocation brackets need to be properly aligned before any welding begins. You can very easily weld them in wrong and everything bolt right up, but have the rear out of proper alignment with the front axle. This write up really should stress that. Relocation brackets must be welded in using serious attention to detail using an alignment rack or have very close measurements of front/rear axle distances on the fucking money on both sides of the car before the welds are done. Bottom line...both front and rear wheel centers need to measure out exactly the same on both sides and it's super easy to fuck that up.

Sorry to jump in here and say this, but it has to be said. Do not do what this write up describes without properly setting front/rear axle distances...meaning ...you don't want your front rear axles to be out of line...like right side an inch or so more wheelbase than the left side. Very easy to screw up without an alignment rack or super close attention to detail with wheelbase measurements on both sides of the car.
JDM 302 Stroker, Whipple 10 rib 12 psi, L&M, JBA, J&M, LFP, Corsa, Stage II cams, Manley, MGW, McLeod RST, Eaton Posi, 3.73's, Metco, Steeda, Autometer, CDC, Street Scene, SOS, Tuned at JPC Racing by Kevin MacDonald
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:25 AM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT
Natural- 12.89

TotoGT06 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TotoGT06 Send a message via MSN to TotoGT06 Send a message via Skype™ to TotoGT06

Originally Posted by NastyStang113 View Post

What do you mean next time he's welding? I still need to weld my brackets so this was good to know
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:33 AM   #6
2011 September ROTM

2006 Mustang GT
12.04 119

Originally Posted by Anthony05GT View Post
The lower relocation brackets need to be properly aligned before any welding begins. You can very easily weld them in wrong and everything bolt right up, but have the rear out of proper alignment with the front axle. This write up really should stress that. Relocation brackets must be welded in using serious attention to detail using an alignment rack or have very close measurements of front/rear axle distances on the fucking money on both sides of the car before the welds are done. Bottom line...both front and rear wheel centers need to measure out exactly the same on both sides and it's super easy to fuck that up.

Sorry to jump in here and say this, but it has to be said. Do not do what this write up describes without properly setting front/rear axle distances...meaning ...you don't want your front rear axles to be out of line...like right side an inch or so more wheelbase than the left side. Very easy to screw up without an alignment rack or super close attention to detail with wheelbase measurements on both sides of the car.
i did measure this and the umi brackets with the upper bolt put them dead nuts so depending on the manufacture this could be different but the umi ones worked nicely

Numbers coming soon
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:31 AM   #7
Resident Brewer

Anthony05GT is a jewel in the roughAnthony05GT is a jewel in the roughAnthony05GT is a jewel in the roughAnthony05GT is a jewel in the rough

That's worth noting on your write up. Good looking welds by the way.
JDM 302 Stroker, Whipple 10 rib 12 psi, L&M, JBA, J&M, LFP, Corsa, Stage II cams, Manley, MGW, McLeod RST, Eaton Posi, 3.73's, Metco, Steeda, Autometer, CDC, Street Scene, SOS, Tuned at JPC Racing by Kevin MacDonald
Old March 21st, 2010, 02:24 PM   #8
Hardcore Enthusiast

07 GT/CS
12.12 @118 mph on the stock 235s

HOLLYWD69 has a spectacular aura aboutHOLLYWD69 has a spectacular aura about

Looks good. I need to get mine welded in. They are just bolted in right now.
Old March 21st, 2010, 02:31 PM   #9
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT
Natural- 12.89

Send a message via AIM to TotoGT06 Send a message via MSN to TotoGT06 Send a message via Skype™ to TotoGT06

I have the bolted in ones too, I wanted them because of the extra support on the back with the metal tab. My buddy is welding it at his shop for me
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:09 PM   #10
Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT
good enough

StutteringStang06 will become famous soon enough

another LCA question, so i am ordering the BMR LCAs and relo kits and i was wondering if i could install it all my self and then drive it to the shop to get welded in to save on the install fees??

308 RWHP and 322RWT with some stuff
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:13 PM   #11
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT
Natural- 12.89

Originally Posted by StutteringStang06 View Post
another LCA question, so i am ordering the BMR LCAs and relo kits and i was wondering if i could install it all my self and then drive it to the shop to get welded in to save on the install fees??
Okay thread stealer, yes you can
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:40 PM   #12
Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT
good enough

StutteringStang06 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TotoGT06 View Post
Okay thread stealer, yes you can
haha srry to lazy to start my own thread and this one seamed pretty dead

308 RWHP and 322RWT with some stuff
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #13
Authorized Vendor

UMI Performance will become famous soon enoughUMI Performance will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Yur2slo View Post
i did measure this and the umi brackets with the upper bolt put them dead nuts so depending on the manufacture this could be different but the umi ones worked nicely
Excellent write up and thanks for the pictures

Like you mentioned our weld in brackets also bolt into the tapped hole in the rear end where the weight on the newer models is. This insures you can only install the bracket one way, meaning we did all the measuring to insure the rear end is centered during the design process. Of course it never hurts to double check!

Thanks again and I am glad to see you liked the product. Nice welding as well

Ryan
ryan@umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #14
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT
Natural- 12.89

One suggestion I would make UMI, that little spacer for the driver side should be a bigger piece so that 1) its easier to hold in place when trying to match up the bolt, and 2) makes another spot to weld the bracket to the axle so there isnt wasted room on the top part to make welds. Although I see that piece is already welded into the "weld in bracket" but my "bolt in bracket" was just a loose piece and was a PITA at times because I had a that top hole not matching but all the other holes did

Just did mine too and i pulled the battery wires and unplugged the PCM. Spraying up the rear axle now to make it look pretty

Last edited by TotoGT06; March 28th, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:37 AM   #15
2011 September ROTM

2006 Mustang GT
12.04 119

the onlything i think the kit needs is the shorter bolts i had to get to replace the weights

Numbers coming soon
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT
Natural- 12.89

I had the bolts for where the weights were, I left the weights off
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #17
2011 September ROTM

2006 Mustang GT
12.04 119

i did to but you need shorter bolts to replace them and i didn't get those

Numbers coming soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010/157846-weld-relocation-brackets-control-arms.html
Posted By For Type Date
weld in relocation brackets and control arms This thread Refback March 21st, 2010 03:01 PM

Threads Similar to: weld in relocation brackets and control arms
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product- Control Arm Relocation Brackets UMI Performance UMI Performance 0 September 11th, 2009 10:10 AM
Lower CA relocation brackets 06GTMustang89 2005 - 2010 6 March 14th, 2009 11:37 PM
UCA, LCA and relocation brackets. gragra73 2005 - 2010 5 December 1st, 2008 12:27 AM
are lca relocation brackets really needed? texas_mustang 2005 - 2010 15 June 26th, 2008 07:04 AM
Upper Control Arms & Lower Control Arms LUV2XLR8 2005 - 2010 6 October 6th, 2007 11:45 AM