Glowshift gauge accuracy test
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 6th, 2010, 11:43 PM   #1
Regular

2006 gt

hamish is on a distinguished road

Glowshift gauge accuracy test

While at school last month I had the opportunity to do an actual lab test on a couple of gauges I bought. They are the elite 10 colour style.

I purchased the 100psi fuel pressure gauge and the 30 psi Boost gauge.

I tested both gauges with a meriam manometer, which is considered a primary standard in my field of work.

The fp I'll keep short because it tested dead on from 0-100 in increments of 10psi.

The Boost gauge I used increments of 1psi and the gauge was great till 15psi where it actually read 15.1 and then at 20psi it read 20.2. and at 30 it was 30.3

now the boost gauge is a compound gauge and has vacuum measured in inches of mercury and it's range is 0-30inHg

I measured this in increments of 5inHg and

at -5inHg it measured -5.2

at -10 it was -11

at -15 it was -12

and at -20 it was -23

I didn't go full scale vacuum as I was pressed for time (had my finals to write)besides I had seen enough.

Anyway a good test for you guys.

Now these gauges aren't made with highest quality manufacturing processes.

But I've had their electric N20 gauge for over a year already and it's still fine. And thats why I bought them again.

Now I also received a coupon code in one of the gauge boxes

"Save10June" good for 10%off till june 15th

No I don't have any affiliation with this company

and truth be told I would have bought a different brand if I had the money when I installed the N20

But they had a cheap electric pressure gauge that matched my gauge colours.

It works great so I bought a couple more.
Advertisement

Old April 7th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #2
IBEATU

06 GT, 98 GT, & 93 Notch

stanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nice

Cool man, good to know

98 GT: some stuff
06 GT: more stuff
93 Notch: 4 cyl at birth, now 5.0 drivetrain and stock exterior and interior= True Sleeper
Paxton/Vortech Crew Member #3

FRPP's #1 Dealer
Injected Engineering
BMR Suspension
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #3
Regular

2005 Roush GT

Weidmansheil has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Glowshift Fuel pressure sending unit

Originally Posted by hamish View Post
While at school last month I had the opportunity to do an actual lab test on a couple of gauges I bought. They are the elite 10 colour style.

I purchased the 100psi fuel pressure gauge and the 30 psi Boost gauge.

I tested both gauges with a meriam manometer, which is considered a primary standard in my field of work.

The fp I'll keep short because it tested dead on from 0-100 in increments of 10psi.

The Boost gauge I used increments of 1psi and the gauge was great till 15psi where it actually read 15.1 and then at 20psi it read 20.2. and at 30 it was 30.3

now the boost gauge is a compound gauge and has vacuum measured in inches of mercury and it's range is 0-30inHg

I measured this in increments of 5inHg and

at -5inHg it measured -5.2

at -10 it was -11

at -15 it was -12

and at -20 it was -23

I didn't go full scale vacuum as I was pressed for time (had my finals to write)besides I had seen enough.

Anyway a good test for you guys.

Now these gauges aren't made with highest quality manufacturing processes.

But I've had their electric N20 gauge for over a year already and it's still fine. And thats why I bought them again.

Now I also received a coupon code in one of the gauge boxes

"Save10June" good for 10%off till june 15th

No I don't have any affiliation with this company

and truth be told I would have bought a different brand if I had the money when I installed the N20

But they had a cheap electric pressure gauge that matched my gauge colours.

It works great so I bought a couple more.
Has your Stang been eating the Fuel pressure sending units? I am on my 4th one. Glowshift admitted there is a problem with our non return fuel system and their sending unit.
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #4
2011 September ROTM

2006 Mustang GT
12.04 119

Yur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the rough

my isn't working. is there a solution. did they send you new ones for free?

F1a Procharger 14psi, MMR 900, Tr6060, Remote tuned by Ray Mcclelland = Daily Driver
Numbers coming soon
Old September 25th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #5
Regular

2005 Roush GT

Weidmansheil has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by Yur2slo View Post
my isn't working. is there a solution. did they send you new ones for free?
Sorry about the delay, ( too much work) I called them and they sold me a " Scrubber" 19$ and a free sending unit. Scrubber is supposed to obsorb the fuel pressure spikes from the non return style fuel system. The Sending unit usually lasted about ten days, since the scrubber install ( its been three weeks) still working. its just a small fitting with a diaphram in it. So far it works though.

Last edited by Weidmansheil; September 25th, 2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Glowshift gauge accuracy test
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
glowshift gauges? oscrfsh 5.0 Mustangs 17 August 21st, 2010 11:43 AM
Glowshift Gauges usafimj 2005 - 2010 18 February 27th, 2010 08:06 PM
4r70w test port for Temp Gauge jrfan4life 99 - 04 3 April 13th, 2009 11:03 AM
Glowshift Digital Tachometer & Shift Light - MSD Tach Driver moneygreenstang 99 - 04 1 February 23rd, 2009 04:30 PM