Help wrench light
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Regular

98 Mustang GT

wveil3v is on a distinguished road

Help wrench light

I was inspecting my airfilter and my MAFand it looked fine but I blew on it just in case there was anything in there. So when I started it up and drove the WRENCH came on. I pulled the neg bat cable for 5mins to reset and tjen restarted and wrench was still there but car runs fine. I took my X3 and reset tune to stock and then reflashed my performance tune and wrench is still there but the X3 says there are no codes. What the hell is going on and what should I do now???

From now on I aint touching this car unless it's really running like crap.
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:52 PM   #2
One Man Wolf Pack

2006 Mustang GT
13ish....maybe

06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 06RedfireGT

How does the car run?
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:00 AM   #3
Regular

98 Mustang GT

It runs fine and there are no codes, but I don't want to have it go into limpmode at an unexpected time, which is what seems to happen when you ignore the wrench..
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

TheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!

I once had my wrench light come on, and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

Turned out that after cleaning/oiling the filter on my Airaid, I had somehow twisted the rubber boot off a little bit where it slips on to the plastic tube. When I put it back together properly, the wrench went away after a few minutes.

Stupid fuckin wrench!

lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2010, 11:35 AM   #5
Your Mom's Favorite

2007 Mustang GT
Eats Chevys, Shits Imports...

Grabber523 has a spectacular aura aboutGrabber523 has a spectacular aura aboutGrabber523 has a spectacular aura about

If you have the wrench light immediately after disconnecting your battery, then the car has failed one of it's pre-start diagnostics...it's weird that you didn't get a code, though. Usually the wrench light is because of a throttle position issue...keep checking it periodically for codes after some short drives...it will manifest itself eventually.

TEAM RICER GT CREW MEMBER (11 SECOND RIDE WITH A 12 SECOND DRIVER)
MEMBERS AGAINST MEMBERS AGAINST STUFF CREW FOUNDER
TRUNK MONKEY CREW FOUNDER
Old May 23rd, 2010, 11:46 AM   #6
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

TheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond repute

Could discoing the battery for 15 minutes again help in this situation?

Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:09 PM   #7
Your Mom's Favorite

2007 Mustang GT
Eats Chevys, Shits Imports...

Grabber523 has a spectacular aura aboutGrabber523 has a spectacular aura aboutGrabber523 has a spectacular aura about

Couldn't hurt, but if it failed a voltage sweep test for any of the systems, it'll come back. I would try again, for sure.

TEAM RICER GT CREW MEMBER (11 SECOND RIDE WITH A 12 SECOND DRIVER)
MEMBERS AGAINST MEMBERS AGAINST STUFF CREW FOUNDER
TRUNK MONKEY CREW FOUNDER
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:44 PM   #8
Regular

98 Mustang GT

I checked my intake hookup and all is good so I Just got done putting stock intake and tune back into it and going for a drive, the light stayed off while idling for 10mins but soon as I started driving and the automatic shifted into 2nd the FRIGGIN WRENCH came back on but still drives fine.. THIS car is pissing me off but thanks for the input. Just wondering what the hech to do next..

I read some posts in here where poeple just bought a TPS and it solved their wrench problem..
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:52 PM   #9
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

Is there a way to test the MAF? Just since that stands out to me. You did blow on it.

Maybe you suck at blowing.

Kidding aside, perhaps something got messed on the MAF as a result? Never seen one off our cars, so I am obviously grasping at straws here. Are they that sensitive?

Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:48 PM   #10
Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT
good enough

StutteringStang06 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
Is there a way to test the MAF? Just since that stands out to me. You did blow on it.

Maybe you suck at blowing.

Kidding aside, perhaps something got messed on the MAF as a result? Never seen one off our cars, so I am obviously grasping at straws here. Are they that sensitive?
yes there very sensitive, i was leaving a gas station and had to step on it so i left the driveway a little to hard and my wrench light came on and the car drove like shit, lucky for me my dealership was 3 blocks away and it turned out i destroyed the MFA just from taking that harsh bump. so yes very sensitive hahaha

308 RWHP and 322RWT with some stuff
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:00 PM   #11
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

Damn. Well there you go. The plot un-thickens. lol

Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:29 PM   #12
Regular

98 Mustang GT

Yea but when you upgrade your intake you have to take the maf out of your stock intake when upgrading to a C&L racer and reinstall it in their larger maf housing and I blew on it then because it had some particles on it and it worked fine.. And man after returning it to stock intake and tune I don't even like driving it anymore.

I wonder if the tunefiles got corrupted on my X3 and they are missing some little parameters that are causing the wrench light with no codes???
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM   #13
Made in U.S.A.

2011 F150 FX4

Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond reputeNasty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StutteringStang06 View Post
yes there very sensitive, i was leaving a gas station and had to step on it so i left the driveway a little to hard and my wrench light came on and the car drove like shit, lucky for me my dealership was 3 blocks away and it turned out i destroyed the MFA just from taking that harsh bump. so yes very sensitive hahaha
Interesting.
Old May 25th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #14
Regular

98 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by wveil3v View Post
I checked my intake hookup and all is good so I Just got done putting stock intake and tune back into it and going for a drive, the light stayed off while idling for 10mins but soon as I started driving and the automatic shifted into 2nd the FRIGGIN WRENCH came back on but still drives fine.. THIS car is pissing me off but thanks for the input. Just wondering what the hech to do next..

I read some posts in here where poeple just bought a TPS and it solved their wrench problem..
Well I bought a TPS from Ford for 134.00 and it didn't get rid of the wrench light, so I just put my CAI and tune back on and have been driving it with the wrench light now for 3 days with no codes and it runs great, what the hech is up with this car??? I cleaned the TB and the MAF and it doesn't matter I can't get rid of the wrench light bu car runs great.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Help wrench light
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wrench light came on her name is ponie 2005 - 2010 8 November 27th, 2009 01:39 AM
Vortech HO installed.....wrench light 2 minutes later stanglifemike 2005 - 2010 31 October 27th, 2009 04:29 PM
who turns the wrench rwboring The Clubhouse 40 October 10th, 2008 08:38 AM
2005 GT Engine "Wrench" Light Makikun 2005 - 2010 15 December 21st, 2007 03:20 PM
Where? (Torque Wrench) MustangMatt96GT The Clubhouse 14 November 22nd, 2007 10:03 PM