Modded Mustang Forums banner

OVERHEATING ISSUES

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Modern_Muscle 
#1 ·
Hi All,

i have a 2005 Mustang GT, Supercharged with a procharger D1SC, running around 410 bhp..

I’m having some major problems with my heating system. After investigating further i came to find that the fans are working when they wanna work..

On the 2005 the fans have 2 settings, High speed and low speed.. When i drive normal the fans are ok (on low speed) but when i take the car on a joy ride the fans stop and the car overheats immediately.. After data logging the car several times i saw the fans from the PCM shows everything is fine when in low speed mode, but then when it changes to high speed the fans do not come on and of course the low speed fans have turned off to allow the high speed fans to take over..

Sometimes the datalogs even show the high speed fans are working but when i stop the car and check the fans are not on, causing the car to overheat in know time..

Has anyone and ideas or suggestions? i have checked the fuses and relays = Fine, i have changed the thermostat already.. The tune is correct..

Does anyone know where i should be looking to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help u can offer.

Cheers.

Mark

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like its either the wiring, or, though it is reporting fans on, could not be sending signal to the fans to come on...
Sounds like a dealership/very experienced tech will need to see this... :( sorry to hear it man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.