Battery went dead and now the CD player wont work
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #1

2007 Mustang GT/CS

Scolagiaco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Scolagiaco
Exclamation

Battery went dead and now the CD player wont work

Hey guys. The other day I jumped into my 07 GT/CS and when I tryed to start the car, everything inside went nuts. The interior lights were flashing, instrument display was fading in and out, taillights and turn signals were going crazy... It did this about a year ago and as it turned out, the battery was toast.
Same thing happened again yesterday and same problem, battery was toasted only this time after I replaced the battery, the CD player keeps saying "error" and everytime I press the CD button, or load, or eject it just says "initializing". With the ignition off, I tryed pressing all the cd function buttons and all it says is "No Disc" and in fact there is 6 cd's in it!
I disconnected the battery to let the memory erase hoping everything will come back to normal but no luck.
Anyone else have this problem or maybe has a solution?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Regular

88 GT

RainsFather is on a distinguished road

Bump

I need this info as well since my wifes merc mountain did the same thing. It has the same 6 disc as my stang.

2007 Silver Mustang GT - R.I.P.
"we don't talk about the that car, he still gets really upset" - my wife
Old August 13th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Regular

2006 Mustang GT

Afghanistang is on a distinguished road

Yeah, welcome to the club. Your CD player may just be the CAUSE of the problem, not just a symptom. Check out the recent thread on dead batteries--lots of fingers pointed at the stereo.

2006 Mustang GT
Kenne Bell Intercooled
SLP Loudmouths
415HP/392Lb-ft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Battery went dead and now the CD player wont work
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery Dead AGAIN! Pastor J 2005 - 2010 57 March 18th, 2011 04:08 PM
Dead Battery MamaStang 2005 - 2010 64 August 10th, 2010 12:34 AM
CD player wont eject 20mustang07 2005 - 2010 V6 6 August 10th, 2009 11:37 PM
Dead Battery Mustangshar 2005 - 2010 11 April 5th, 2009 11:34 PM
Bass Player for Tickle Me Pink Found Dead This Morning TheBusher The Clubhouse 6 July 1st, 2008 08:27 PM