07 mustang dtc code 2104 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old January 18th, 2011, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

07 mustang dtc code 2104

Hey all,

I stored my 07 twin turbo stang for the winter. car was running well, wen to put the battery back in a month later to give it a start and she started but the wrench light and engine light came on. I was getting the dtc code P2104 throttle actuator forced idle. so we suspected the tps because I remember during the summer every now and then before starting the car I could hear the throttle body cycle like the flaps would open and close very loudly like a machine gun type sound tact tact tac and I always had to wait for that to finish before cranking it over.
anyhow, I swapped the tps and still have the same issue, changed the actuator with a working spare and again same issue. could it be the tb itself? or maybe the gas pedal sensor gone bad.

any help is appreciated.

and this is the only code I get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old January 18th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Enthusiast

Thats interesting, I was getting the same thing on my Explorer and it turned out to be the TPS. But mine had another code regarding "throttle stuck open" or something to that nature. I was going to suggest the TPS, but since you already did not sure what is going on.

JLT CAI, FRPP 4.10s, FRPP Hot Rods, FRPP x-pipe, FRPP TB, CMCV, UDP, Spydershaft, JBA Shorties, Flowmasters, Hurst Billet Plus, AM/Bama 93 race, BMR STB, BMR adj. panhard bar+brace, BMR LCA's, BMR UCA+mount, BMR front+rear swaybar, BMR A-arm brace.
post #3 of 5 Old January 18th, 2011, 11:05 AM
May 08 ROTM

Any wiring tapped into the TPS harness for the twins - WOT switch for intercooler sprayer or similar?
post #4 of 5 Old January 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

No I did not trace the wiring yet, I ma getting a throttle body on loan this evening and will give that a try to see what changes if any. The thing is even if I reset the codes, the instant I turn the key on my scanner beeps with a code. so whatever it is it's sending a fault right off the bat.
post #5 of 5 Old January 18th, 2011, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Problem resolved! Installed throttle body from another stang and everything is fine. I noticed the set screw on my old one was missing, all summer it ran fine but I guess after removing the battery the ecm did a cycle and found the flaps would go to far back without that set screw for the limp mode.

thanks guy's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page