07 mustang dtc code 2104
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #1

Drummerrr is on a distinguished road

07 mustang dtc code 2104

Hey all,

I stored my 07 twin turbo stang for the winter. car was running well, wen to put the battery back in a month later to give it a start and she started but the wrench light and engine light came on. I was getting the dtc code P2104 throttle actuator forced idle. so we suspected the tps because I remember during the summer every now and then before starting the car I could hear the throttle body cycle like the flaps would open and close very loudly like a machine gun type sound tact tact tac and I always had to wait for that to finish before cranking it over.
anyhow, I swapped the tps and still have the same issue, changed the actuator with a working spare and again same issue. could it be the tb itself? or maybe the gas pedal sensor gone bad.

any help is appreciated.

and this is the only code I get.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 18th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Enthusiast

2005 Mustang GT
13.50@105

pear0119 will become famous soon enough

Thats interesting, I was getting the same thing on my Explorer and it turned out to be the TPS. But mine had another code regarding "throttle stuck open" or something to that nature. I was going to suggest the TPS, but since you already did not sure what is going on.
JLT CAI, FRPP 4.10s, FRPP Hot Rods, FRPP x-pipe, FRPP TB, CMCV, UDP, Spydershaft, JBA Shorties, Flowmasters, Hurst Billet Plus, AM/Bama 93 race, BMR STB, BMR adj. panhard bar+brace, BMR LCA's, BMR UCA+mount, BMR front+rear swaybar, BMR A-arm brace.
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #3
May 08 ROTM

1953 F100

Emay has much to be proud ofEmay has much to be proud ofEmay has much to be proud ofEmay has much to be proud ofEmay has much to be proud ofEmay has much to be proud ofEmay has much to be proud ofEmay has much to be proud ofEmay has much to be proud ofEmay has much to be proud of

Any wiring tapped into the TPS harness for the twins - WOT switch for intercooler sprayer or similar?

uniqueimagerybyemay
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #4

No I did not trace the wiring yet, I ma getting a throttle body on loan this evening and will give that a try to see what changes if any. The thing is even if I reset the codes, the instant I turn the key on my scanner beeps with a code. so whatever it is it's sending a fault right off the bat.
Old January 18th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #5

Problem resolved! Installed throttle body from another stang and everything is fine. I noticed the set screw on my old one was missing, all summer it ran fine but I guess after removing the battery the ecm did a cycle and found the flaps would go to far back without that set screw for the limp mode.

thanks guy's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: 07 mustang dtc code 2104
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
code 66? 1992 mustang lx coupe blackcoupe92 5.0 Mustangs 0 September 16th, 2010 05:12 PM
05 Mustang code P2105>>>HELP!!!! KILLERSTANG67 2005 - 2010 0 August 18th, 2010 06:05 PM
HELP!! Car stuck in Limp-Mode... codes 2112 & 2104 keep coming back!!! timfoster405 2005 - 2010 18 August 10th, 2009 06:26 PM
2000 mustang v6 ODBII code help knowonecanknow V6 Mustangs 8 July 13th, 2007 12:21 PM
HELP: Error code 2104 and 2111 Myy06 2005 - 2010 2 October 10th, 2006 04:20 PM