Side scoop delete
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #1
Regular

2010 Mustang GT

netzero is on a distinguished road

Side scoop delete

Hey all,

I wanna clean up the sides by deleting my factory appearance pacakge side scoops on my 2010. I called my dealership and to find out if there are any bolts on them other then just tape and the guys i talked to had no idea, and looked up the part and saw no bolts.

Just wanted to confirm before I get the hairdryer and fishing line, no bolts to worry about? And the paint and clear under them are good right? Thanks

2013 Track Pack | Roush + M80s | Steeda Ultralites | BMR PHB | AMR 18s with Nitto NT555s. Semper Fi
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Regular

2006 Mustang GT vert
13.3@105

demea is on a distinguished road

I'm not aware of any screws. I think you should be good to go
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

2005 Mustang GT

GTman05 is a jewel in the roughGTman05 is a jewel in the roughGTman05 is a jewel in the roughGTman05 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by netzero View Post
Hey all,

I wanna clean up the sides by deleting my factory appearance pacakge side scoops on my 2010. I called my dealership and to find out if there are any bolts on them other then just tape and the guys i talked to had no idea, and looked up the part and saw no bolts.

Just wanted to confirm before I get the hairdryer and fishing line, no bolts to worry about? And the paint and clear under them are good right? Thanks
Unless theres a huge difference with the 2010's compared to the 05-09s, then no, no bolts...you might want to use an adhesive remover (its a liquid) and pour some of that on it once the hairdryer loosens it up...and definitely have the adhesive remover and a rag for wiping the inevitable residue off the body...
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #4
Regular

2010 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by GTman05 View Post
Unless theres a huge difference with the 2010's compared to the 05-09s, then no, no bolts...you might want to use an adhesive remover (its a liquid) and pour some of that on it once the hairdryer loosens it up...and definitely have the adhesive remover and a rag for wiping the inevitable residue off the body...
Any brand in specific or can I pick it up at autozone or somewhere like it?

2013 Track Pack | Roush + M80s | Steeda Ultralites | BMR PHB | AMR 18s with Nitto NT555s. Semper Fi
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #5
Eat Springs, Shit Valves

2008 Mustang GT

AnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant future

The best thing to take off the adhesive is a body eraser. Its a tool that hooks up to a power drill and erases the tape off.

Last edited by AnotherS197GT; May 19th, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #6
Regular

2010 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by AnotherS197GT View Post
The best thing to take off the adhesive is a body eraser. Its a tool that hooks up to a power drill and erases the tape off.
Thanks man, I'll look for one. I'm about to head into town and get some supplies to take them off.

Old May 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #7
Eat Springs, Shit Valves

2008 Mustang GT

AnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant futureAnotherS197GT has a brilliant future

No problem. Its more expensive than goof off but it saves sooo much time. You can have the tape cleaned off in like 5 minutes a side or less versus a few hours total.
Old May 19th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #8
Hardcore Enthusiast

2005 Mustang GT

GTman05 is a jewel in the roughGTman05 is a jewel in the roughGTman05 is a jewel in the roughGTman05 is a jewel in the rough

+1 to what he said ^...I never knew about the body eraser...I just looked it up...awesome...Any adhesive remover will do if you don't use the body eraser...go to a Napa or something and tell them what your doing and you'll need something to get the crap off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Side scoop delete
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Side Scoop Insert 2000 mustang Drivers side bushden V6 Mustangs 1 February 28th, 2009 07:45 AM
Wana remove the black incerts in my side scoop and hood scoop? jrfan4life Visual 21 February 16th, 2009 09:20 AM
Side scoop Hudstang 96 - 98 5 May 4th, 2008 11:22 PM