Meth Injection Advice!
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 8th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #1

2007 Mustang GT S/C

NISM23 is on a distinguished road

Meth Injection Advice!

I have a 2007 GT Supercharged and Nonintercooled. I am trying to find out if it would be beneficial to put in a meth kit or if it would be a waste of time and money. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!

07 GT
12.86@104

psycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to psycho bob

this is a great idea. i would suggest looking through the last page or two and finding where 08redgt did the same thing for his non-cooled sc'er.

Old June 8th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #3

2007 Mustang GT S/C

Thanks!! I'm also considering putting a smaller SC pulley on the blower for more boost.
Old June 8th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 mustang GT
fstr than tortoise slower than the hare

slater will become famous soon enough

i think for the money VS gain, its one of the best things to do. just make sure you spend the money on the saftey side of things. ie, low meth indicator and such, and make sure you use a reputable tuner

tri ax short shifter,4.10's, shaker,Ford Racing TB, full mac exhaust,steeda CMDP,Vortech V3Si HO,Brenspeed supercharger detroit rockers, BMR lowering springs/relo brackets/LCA's 479/417

http://www.warhorsesofamerica.webs.com/
Old June 8th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #5

2007 Mustang GT S/C

As I look through the Snow Performance products, they have Stages 1-3 as well as "SafeInjection" kit and low level indicators. Which of these combinations would best suit my setup?
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #6

07 GT
12.86@104

psycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to beholdpsycho bob is a splendid one to behold

links? who's going to tune the car? you definitely want the low fluid level lights

Old June 8th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #7

2007 Mustang GT S/C

Well I was looking on Snow Performance : Snow Performance Water Methanol Injection Systems. The Best Most Accurate Gas and Diesel Water Methanol Injection Strategies for Fuel Injected Carbureted Turbocharged Supercharged and seeing what products they offer and I was gonna email BAMA and have them send me a tune for my SCT/SF3 handheld programmer.
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #8
2011 September ROTM

2006 Mustang GT
12.04 119

Yur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the roughYur2slo is a jewel in the rough

look at the aem kit. what supercharger are you running? i dont think bama will tune for superchargers. evryone has been having problems with them anyway lately it seems. i would do a remote tune if i were you with either ray at fullthrottlekustoms, lito, or vmp

F1a Procharger 14psi, MMR 900, Tr6060, Remote tuned by Ray Mcclelland = Daily Driver
Numbers coming soon
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #9
Enthusiast

2008 GT
12 is the goal

08redgt will become famous soon enough

A non-cooled vortech? I just did this exact same thing and have a thread on it in the last couple pages. Im using the AEM 30-3000 meth kit and snow performance boost juice. The kit is cheaper then any of the snow kits and has the same safe guards like a low level sensor and warning light should the pump fail. I'm also using a 3.48 pulley to take advantage of the lower intake temps. The only thing I have to warn you on is make sure your first spray with meth is on a dyno with the hood popped, this is crucial! The type of hose connectors that are used in these meth kits (snow included) will not hold pressure unless the hose is cut perfectly straight. On my first dyno pull the hose popped right out of the nozzle, my tuner saw it and cut the motor. Had he not seen it the 12 psi and aggressive tune could of blown the motor without the meth.

I also trunk mounted my tank and pump, you wont find any other place unless you use your windshield washer resavoir.
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #10
Enthusiast

2008 GT
12 is the goal

If you're in CA and anywhere near LA just go to RET in Downy, call Greg he's an amazing tuner. Im at 452 wheel in 80* heat running pretty rich aa a safeguard. He's also the only good tuner you'll find here who will tune for meth.
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #11

2007 Mustang GT S/C

I am running a non-cooled whipple twin screw SC. I will take a look at the AEM kit.
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #12

2007 Mustang GT S/C

I am up in northern california so that would be a 9 hr car ride down there.
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #13

07 GT
12.86@104

your best bet will probably be to use a local dyno and have a reputable tuner remote tune it. basically you'll use the physical dyno, but the tuner will go back and forth using email to get the tune right.

Old June 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #14
Enthusiast

2008 GT
12 is the goal

That's another great option what bob said. The AEM kit also has a built in check valve so fluid doesn't get sucked in through vacuum when you're not boosting, the snow kit doesn't.
Old June 9th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #15

2007 Mustang GT S/C

To 08redgt, How would i go about driving the vehicle to the tuner without meth once i've installed the kit??
Old June 9th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #16

2007 Mustang GT S/C

Another question I have is would it pass smog in CA?
Old June 9th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #17

07 GT
12.86@104

there won't be any difference in driving it to the tuner. just keep it unplugged till you get there. once there swap pullies and plug in the meth kit

passing smog you should talk to the tuner. i'm sure you could probably just keep the tune you have now and swap pullies back for smog purposes.

Old June 9th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #18
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 mustang GT

Originally Posted by NISM23 View Post
To 08redgt, How would i go about driving the vehicle to the tuner without meth once i've installed the kit??
meth isnt constantly injected.

but you cound install everything, run all the lines, and just leave the last connections to do once you get to shop.

tri ax short shifter,4.10's, shaker,Ford Racing TB, full mac exhaust,steeda CMDP,Vortech V3Si HO,Brenspeed supercharger detroit rockers, BMR lowering springs/relo brackets/LCA's 479/417

Old June 9th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #19
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 mustang GT

NM, bob musta been typing same time as me

Old June 9th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #20

07 GT
12.86@104

Originally Posted by slater View Post
NM, bob musta been typing same time as me
you just got tree'd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Meth Injection Advice!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meth Injection HLNEZ 2005 - 2010 2 November 12th, 2011 11:47 PM
Meth Injection MustangMan00Vtech 99 - 04 50 April 19th, 2011 11:37 AM
Meth injection hardhitter 99 - 04 12 May 27th, 2010 01:57 PM
meth injection ajm 99 - 04 33 April 19th, 2010 11:43 PM
Meth Injection 330CubeGt General Tech 0 June 22nd, 2009 10:43 PM