Cheap brakes from ebay ABT advanced brake technology plus Stoptech pads
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Regular

caniggia is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I'd like to share with You my experience with those nice looking brakes.
They are cheap, about 200$ for set with black zink, drilled and slotted.

This user sells them:

eBay My World - advance_brake_technology

For few days I use them I can tell they are worth much more.

BTW, at order, I asked man to make them dimpled, not drilled - I'm not fan of cross drilled, due they can easly crack, so for 20 extra he did them dimpled.

They have same size like stock everywhere, I was testing them for about 1 hour driving on highway and doing hard stops ( It was night, empty, so I had place to do that), driving like on track, and they were not warped any one time. Hard test was on braking 3 times from 150 miles to zero one by one.

At now now I looked at them, and they have no sign of overheat, no sign of crack.

I asked man if they can do such braking without warping, so he confimed, but said, that pads are not for track driving and I have to buy different, but for street daily driver they are enough.

After reading some posts and after driving with friend mustang that had EBC Red stuff - I was not satisfied with cold braking,
on my ex v6 I had Posi Quiet® Extended Wear Brake Pads that's are very good overall pads, I deicided to cheaper option than EBC and bought StopTech® Street Performance.
Now I can tell, that they are better cold than EBC red, not such good like Centric Posi, but once warmed a little they perform same like EBC Red.

If anythink will go wrong with them, I'll let You know.
Attached Thumbnails
Cheap brakes from ebay ABT advanced brake technology plus Stoptech pads-imag0655.jpg  

JLT110, GT500 TB, XSPower equal length headers, custom mufflers, custom cams, 330rwhp (313 SAE)
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

2007 mustang gt/cs
13.4@103.4

butters will become famous soon enough

hate to break it to ya but theres not a lot of people here that like to cheap out on unproven parts
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #3
Like A Boss

2008 Mustang GT

crackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to behold

With brakes, I wouldn't have chanced not getting at least autozone ceramic brake pads and standard rotors

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
I coached his boy in basketball last season. Giggity giggity
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Regular

Originally Posted by butters View Post
hate to break it to ya but theres not a lot of people here that like to cheap out on unproven parts
We over sea mostly earn less than in US, and buying expensive parts, paying very expensive shipping and customs, makes them twice or even triple more expensive than You buy them in US, so very often we can test something that not many people buys because of cheap price.

Stock are warped with hard brake from 80 miles...

Before I had Rotorpros that were done from Centrics and they least at my ex v6 third season and are driven often at track.
But I like to try something different and wanted black zink and they don't have. So chose was EBC or this ones..

Also there are not many opinions about some parts including this, I was searching, not found that much, so I deicided to share it.

BTW, I didn't deicided for EBC rotors because I have 2 friends that bought them and both has them warped not driving track.

JLT110, GT500 TB, XSPower equal length headers, custom mufflers, custom cams, 330rwhp (313 SAE)
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #5
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2007 Mustang GT

07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
We over sea mostly earn less than in US, and buying expensive parts, paying very expensive shipping and customs, makes them twice or even triple more expensive than You buy them in US, so very often we can test something that not many people buys because of cheap price.

Stock are warped with hard brake from 80 miles...

Before I had Rotorpros that were done from Centrics and they least at my ex v6 third season and are driven often at track.
But I like to try something different and wanted black zink and they don't have. So chose was EBC or this ones..

Also there are not many opinions about some parts including this, I was searching, not found that much, so I deicided to share it.

BTW, I didn't deicided for EBC rotors because I have 2 friends that bought them and both has them warped not driving track.
I have had EBC brakes in many track cars and motorcycles without a hitch. I don't know how you guys actually warp the rotors. I've had brakes glowing hot and fading to the point of not even slowing the car down and never actually warped them. I've seen a few with cracks, but that's it.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Regular

There is also question if they were originals. Second if quality sold in EU is same like US. Third how they was driving - i cant tell, but they for sure bought them in EU.
There are also many types of them.
And one here costs same like this complete set. That was my final argue and not much lost if they dont work good.

I didnt want to make discussion if something is better than other, i used other brands to say that this set is comparable for now and great upgrade over stock if someone is afraid to take it to the track, but every one has his mind and will buy what he likes and as expensive as he want to spend.

Old April 7th, 2013, 05:39 AM   #7
Regular

After some time i'll do update.
I was in meantime at autocross, lot of daily driving and track like driving, also some modification.
What i can tell now, discs are good quality, i burned zinc in mean time, tried then really hard and they have no sign of warp or another damage.

I'll update info about pads later on.

Last edited by caniggia; April 10th, 2013 at 05:30 AM.
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #8

1967 gt350 clone, & 2008

48prerunner is on a distinguished road

Any update as to how they are still performing?
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #9
Like A Boss

2008 Mustang GT

crackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to beholdcrackpotfox is a splendid one to behold

He died from bad brakes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
I coached his boy in basketball last season. Giggity giggity
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #10
Regular

Hi

They still look like new and drive like new. I had tested few pads with them and I had problem with one, power stop Z26, with them rotor was "warped" with medium brake.

They were few times at my tests probably red, I burned all zinc on them.

I had no time to write about pads, but soon I'll do that.
As for now, I'm finally useing them with Bendix CT-3 wchich are best pads I used, outstanding cold, great hot, no dust. I was with them 2 times on medium track and had no problem with them. They won with redstuff, stoptech, stock, z26, Performance Friction Z-Rated, Motorcraft, Hawk HPS, Hawk PC in my test.
Best pad for safety for street high speed braking car. This combo works with braking from 160-0 without fade, then 2 times from directly after from 100-20 and one 60-0 and then they started to fade, but only for few hundred meters, then works again.

In meantime we change EBC rotors to one's in Pontiac GTO, due they are cracked after 2 180-100 brake... Both installed same time, when I'll have both cars together, I'll make photo for You how they look.

So I'm still alive with cheap parts workin better than expensive crap...

Last edited by caniggia; July 25th, 2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old July 24th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #11
Enthusiast

2007 Mustang GT
N/A

her name is ponie is an unknown quantity at this point

So you tested all those different brakes pads, bought the rotors, and did all that labor? Wouldn't it have been easier to pick up a set of brembo take offs?

Originally Posted by kmac1622 View Post
Ponie I will give you $100 for 1 hour with your car, no rules, no lube
Old July 25th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #12
Regular

No, because brembo dont fit my rims.
I also was driving with brembo, my car with modded brake booster has better brake feel and stops faster now, definitely better on emergency situations, when You loose time on brake pedal travel.

Last edited by caniggia; July 25th, 2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old July 25th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #13
Insomniac

2006, Ford Mustang GT
12.42@113.00

BIGCHRISS197 is a name known to allBIGCHRISS197 is a name known to allBIGCHRISS197 is a name known to allBIGCHRISS197 is a name known to allBIGCHRISS197 is a name known to allBIGCHRISS197 is a name known to all

Price doesn't always reflect quality, glad you found some good parts at a great price. Ill probably check them out on my next brake change
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #14
Regular

Here are photos of EBC after one hard brake from 180-60mph with EBC yellow pads.
Soon wi'll see how ebay discs will handle it with Akebono pads ...
Attached Thumbnails
Cheap brakes from ebay ABT advanced brake technology plus Stoptech pads-imag1070.jpg   Cheap brakes from ebay ABT advanced brake technology plus Stoptech pads-imag1071.jpg  

Old August 17th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #15
Insomniac

2006, Ford Mustang GT
12.42@113.00

BIGCHRISS197 is a name known to allBIGCHRISS197 is a name known to allBIGCHRISS197 is a name known to allBIGCHRISS197 is a name known to allBIGCHRISS197 is a name known to allBIGCHRISS197 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
Here are photos of EBC after one hard brake from 180-60mph with EBC yellow pads.
Soon wi'll see how ebay discs will handle it with Akebono pads ...
Geez that's insane, youre lucky it didn't come apart
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #16
Regular

It was at friend GTO.

Old September 11th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #17
Regular

At my car after turbo installation they gave up. Few brakes from more than 155 mph and they shake my stering wheel. Any way it's no that bad. Looks about 330 rwhp was good for them, more is causing troubles or I overheated them whem. I'll let You know how they go later.

Old September 11th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #18
I <3 Car Crashes

05 GT premium

YoungBlood will become famous soon enoughYoungBlood will become famous soon enough

I ran some from the same guy on my lifted Jeep and they held up awesome, just thought I'd throw my 2c in. I'll be getting something a bit more trustworthy for the stang tho...

Selling and parting out my Mustang for another Jeep WJ!
Old September 14th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #19
Regular

Probably i did my opinion too fast, it was probably deposit, i was today at track and they were fine in full few 170 miles braking, also my bendix ct3 pads holded this. Gto with them was there also, and also no issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.