Got my FRPP Stingers on today- OEM Hangers suck....alot
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 30th, 2013, 03:50 AM   #1
Backbone

2009 Mustang GT
UNK

SGT T is on a distinguished road

Got my FRPP Stingers on today- OEM Hangers suck....alot

Happy with the results. I listened to several different axle-backs and it was between these and fr500s, but I came across a sweet deal in the classifieds and couldn't pass it up. No regrets at all. I am very happy with the choice I made.

I had some trouble with the factory hangers.
I had some stock mufflers that came with the car, of course. The passenger muffler hung about a half-inch lower than the driver side. It was very noticeable and a total eye-sore. I was hoping that the stingers would fix the problem, banking on the fact it was a bad hanger rod on the OE muffler or something.

NOPE.

Hung down, looked like ass...so I got up under it and began shifting things around, looking to see if I hadnt slipped the pipe on far enough, but I was only able to tweak it so much. I noticed that with the weight on the hanger, the rubber was sagging down to the bottom, and I could lift it by hand to get the muffler to sit level with the drivers side. Hangers are bad. I only have *just* 30k on the car...I cant believe the rubber in the hangers is crap already.

So I called up dealer for a price on the hangers....150 and 135 dollars.

HOLY SHIT.

285 for two pathetic hangers.... that is insance. I looked for others, but only found the aft mounts from SR performance on AM. great price, but wasnt going to fix the problem by just replacing the one hanger.

So I took it to a shop who has done work on several cars of mine, and they were able to tweak the hanger rod for me and leveled it up no problem. Looks alot better and I am satisfied with the fix.

I would like to eventually replace both hangers....does anyone have an idea where I can source some cheapers ones?

Or maybe have some stockers they have laying around that arent worn?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 30th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Regular

2006 GT

06gtimpact is on a distinguished road

I replaced one of my broken factory hangers with a Pypes replacement. About 26 bucks from LMR.
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

2007 gt

fzr confused has a spectacular aura aboutfzr confused has a spectacular aura about

i have the set from AM and they work just fine...although i replaced my none broken factory hangers. my passenger side hung lower than my drivers side with my pypes exhaust (stock exhaust was perfectly level). so i replaced the passenger side and it was in the same spot. i will have to remove the rods from the exhaust and have it lifted/welded up higher.

do you have the factory metal/rubber hangers or were they just rubber? i have my factory set that i no longer have any need for, but i honestly dont know how long they will last since people always seem to have problems with them.
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #4
MM Fanatic

2009 Mustang GT

Silverrider has a spectacular aura aboutSilverrider has a spectacular aura aboutSilverrider has a spectacular aura about

Well hanger thing blows... but you will love the sound of the stingers! Love mine every minute!

Full Exhaust / Cams / 4.10 Gears / CAI / Delete Plugs / Some Suspension
Old March 31st, 2013, 04:40 AM   #5
Backbone

2009 Mustang GT
UNK

SGT T is on a distinguished road

I have the factory ones that are steel with the rubber isolators in them.
I had he exhaust shop fix it, looks much better now.
And youre right silver, I love the sound. Perfect tone, and exactly the sound I wanted.
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:57 AM   #6
MM Fanatic

2007 Mustang GT
8.90@88mph 1/8th

cschoening09 has a spectacular aura aboutcschoening09 has a spectacular aura about

glad your happy with them!!. how'd you like packaging? lol
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:44 AM   #7
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2007 Mustang GT

07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute

It should be expected to have to tweak and bend hangers anytime you change up your exhaust. Whenever you adjust the exhaust you just need to loosen all of the clamps all the up through the mid pipe, and then bend, tweak and twist the pipes around until everything lines up. And then you still might have to use a torch to heat and bend hangers. It's just part of the deal.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:15 PM   #8
MM Fanatic

2007 Mustang GT
8.90@88mph 1/8th

cschoening09 has a spectacular aura aboutcschoening09 has a spectacular aura about

^ what he said
Old March 31st, 2013, 06:56 PM   #9
Regular

2008 Mustang GT Premium

KevDon92 is on a distinguished road

Yeah my passenger tip is about 1" lower than the driver side with my Stingers. I hate it lol
FRPP Hot Rod Cams, ARH Long Tube Headers w/ OR-H, Borla Stingers w/ M80's, C&L Intake, 4.10 Gears, Steeda Underdrive Pulley, Tokico DSPEC, BMR LCA and Panhard Bar, 20" Foose Nitrous, Baer Big Brake Kit, CDC Shaker, MGW Short Throw
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:16 PM   #10
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2007 Mustang GT

07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevDon92 View Post
Yeah my passenger tip is about 1" lower than the driver side with my Stingers. I hate it lol
Take a torch to those hangers and get them glowing. Then just pry that muffler so that the tip is straight. Hold it there for a few second as the hangers cool a bit and then your done.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.