2005 tow hook install
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #1

Dallas The-Awsome is on a distinguished road

2005 tow hook install

It is required that all vehicles have at least two (2) easily accessible (and usable) tow points; one (1) in front and one (1) in back. After-market tow hooks or tow straps are mandatory. If tow hooks/eyes are used they must not protrude dangerously or more than one (1) inch beyond the bumper
supports from the vehicle or require manipulation of the bodywork and/or panels to access the tow eyes. All apparatus, no matter which type is used, must be strong enough to support the weight of the vehicle. If tow eyes or tow points are not available the towing crew will hook onto other things that may cause damage to the competitor’s vehicle. The tow crew will not be held liable for any damage. All hidden straps should be labeled with a ‘TOW’decal for easy location by track personnel.

has anyone ever done anything like this id appreciate pics and or advise

Last edited by 06RedfireGT; May 26th, 2013 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Fixed text to be easier to read.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #2
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2007 Mustang GT

07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute

2005-2013 Mustang Rear Tow Hook Kit

They have a front one too.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #3

thanks , but shipping to canada is expensive so i was kind of hoping for info on custom fabbed ones
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #4
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2007 Mustang GT

07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute

As long as it is attached to a frame rail and doesn't protrude too far I think you could just weld in a loop. Personally I would go with tow straps.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #5

yea ive been looking at straps to,ive figured out where to attatch them on the rear but on the front im still not positive
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #6
More Is Better.

2006 Roush Stage 1 Blown
12.4@117

DiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud ofDiMora has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to DiMora

I run the FRPP one on a custom bracket for my Roush bumper:

Bought it from a guy on FnSweet who custom welds the bracket I required.

My Website
Roush TVS Supercharger / T56 Magnum XL 6 speed
Steeda suspension /Big Brakes / BMR K Member
Mac L/T's / Prochamber / Roush Extremes
"Daily Driver" RWHP: 492@9 PSI w/ LT's
"Dyno Queen": 512@12 PSI-stock exhaust
Mods in Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.