Electrical issues?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

blackGTstang has a spectacular aura aboutblackGTstang has a spectacular aura aboutblackGTstang has a spectacular aura about

Electrical issues?

So about 20 minutes ago my buddy hears my car alarm going off outside the house so i go out there to shut it off and check it out. I just see my car sitting with the hazards flashing but no sound coming from the alarm any more, i push the alarm button on the remote and the hazards turn off. So i go up to it and notice that my gauges are lit up and my radio is turned on i hop in my car and notice the car is acting like the key is in the on position with no key in the ignition. I can't set the alarm off with the remote and noticed i'm able to roll the windows down without the key in the ignition and the door open. When i unlock it with the remote the dome lights aren't coming on and when i lock it with the remote the lights don't flash like usual. Any help guys? Thanks!
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #2
Regular

2005 Mustang GT

afelliott will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to afelliott

go find a priest...immediately.
Suspension
J&M Suspension
SLP Exhaust LT/XPIPE/LM
UPR K-Member
KONI Struts/Shocks
BBK TB
JLT S3 CAI
BULLIT staggered

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

94 Mustang Gt

nkausch will become famous soon enoughnkausch will become famous soon enough

Clearly a ghost

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

70mm Turbo Build
Old September 20th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

blackGTstang has a spectacular aura aboutblackGTstang has a spectacular aura aboutblackGTstang has a spectacular aura about

Well guys, seems to have gone back to normal.
Old September 20th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #5
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2007 Mustang GT

07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute07 Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Car been in the rain lately? Check you carpets in your passenger foot well. Let us know if they're wet at all.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Old September 20th, 2013, 03:43 AM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Car been in the rain lately? Check you carpets in your passenger foot well. Let us know if they're wet at all.
Yeah all this started going on after it sat in the rain for about 30 minutes. However i did check the passenger footwell carpet and its bone dry
Old September 20th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #7
Make Me Squirt

2009 Ford Mustang GT

i am ryan is a splendid one to beholdi am ryan is a splendid one to beholdi am ryan is a splendid one to beholdi am ryan is a splendid one to beholdi am ryan is a splendid one to beholdi am ryan is a splendid one to beholdi am ryan is a splendid one to beholdi am ryan is a splendid one to behold

Under the cowl there's a place that commonly gets filled with crap and causes weird problems for people when the SJB gets wet.

Here's a link you can check out: http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...-clean-504787/

TORCH RED APPRECIATION CLUB

C&L Racer | Eibach Pro-Kit | BMR LCAs + Relo | BMR PHB | MGW |
GT500 Strut Mounts | Bassanni Axlebacks | OR-H |Tokico D-Spec |
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #8
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by i am ryan View Post
Under the cowl there's a place that commonly gets filled with crap and causes weird problems for people when the SJB gets wet.

Here's a link you can check out: cowl leak- easier way to clean - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
Much appreciated y'all! Gonna pull it out tomorrow and attempt to clean the drain out
Old September 21st, 2013, 02:03 AM   #9
Regular

2006 Mustang GT Convert

mamonti will become famous soon enough

I had this happen to me also...... I checked the carpet and it was dry buy I took out the kick panel and found it dripped on the SJB connectors! Just enough to wipe out my automatic convertible top module but not enough to get the carpet wet!! Oh course I didn't have anything like you experienced!! Spooooky!!
Old September 25th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #10
Regular

2005 Mustang GT
13.41@105.53

Bdub_2013 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nkausch View Post
Clearly a ghost

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Originally Posted by afelliott View Post
go find a priest...immediately.
Every one else is wrong these guys are right!!!! creepy stuff I hate it

2005 Mustang GT, 310hp 313tq, C&L CAI, 4.30 gears, FRPP Hot Rod cams, Steeda Underdrive Pullies, Lowering Springs, Sway Bar, MAC axlebacks, O/R Prochamber.
Originally Posted by fullmetal7777 View Post
ALL HAIL THE WIRING GOD!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.