FRPP Hot Rod Cams Idle Surge - Page 2
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2005 - 2010

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 4th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #21
This hobby is expensive..

2006 Mustang GT

abe120205 will become famous soon enough

I'm hearing what your saying, and I don't disagree... in fact when I get to the point where I want the most I can get for a specific application I would not hesitate to dump the noise sticks and go with a custom grind.

But for right now, going from point a to point b on a nice summer day, the idle makes me smile.

Coming soon: 4.10's

Tuned by Adam @ POPS Racing, this thing runs!!!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2014, 03:24 PM   #22
I <3 Car Crashes

05 GT premium

YoungBlood will become famous soon enoughYoungBlood will become famous soon enough

I really want a set of 127500's but my tuner said he sees only 10-12 more hp out if them vs hotrods, and that they really need ported heads to shine in his experience (hotrods lose more down low however). He told me he could promise me 30hp out of hotrods and a dyno tune since I'm running longtubes... but at that point I'm $1k into cams for only 30hp...

Selling and parting out my Mustang for another Jeep WJ!
Old January 4th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #23
Enthusiast

2007 Mustang GT

AR Stang is a jewel in the roughAR Stang is a jewel in the roughAR Stang is a jewel in the roughAR Stang is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by YoungBlood View Post
but at that point I'm $1k into cams for only 30hp...
This, everything in me wants to buy cams, LT's and etc but I keep telling myself after doing all that I should just trade her in for an 11+. The only thing stopping me lately is the front of end of the 05-09.

2007 Ford Mustang GT
1997 Jeep ZJ
1971 Dodge Dart
2004 Comp Orange SVT focus- Sold
2000 Ford Focus- Sold
Old January 4th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #24
Enthusiast

'09 Mustang GT Premium 5A

09Silverbullet is on a distinguished road

Yeah from what I have been digging around, the 3v really needs ported heads and a better intake manifold to really get good gains. Kinda why I'm leaning on getting a set of heads first and then cams to install while they're off the car.

SCT Xcal3 VMP/Bama 93P tune, 4.10's, Steeda 90mm CAI, BBK twin 62mm TB, o/r x-pipe and Magnapack mufflers mid-mounted

12.9 @ 106 as of 10/4/14 post gears and DR's.
3670lbs race weight.
Old January 4th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #25
I <3 Car Crashes

05 GT premium

YoungBlood will become famous soon enoughYoungBlood will become famous soon enough

Lol yeah that's why I'm thinking after 4.10's I'm gonna try to be done modding the car. I want a 5.0 so badly, but it's just not in the cards yet

Selling and parting out my Mustang for another Jeep WJ!
Old January 4th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #26
Enthusiast

Since you're a manual car, what about swapping in a 5.0L? That seems to be even cheaper yet.

SCT Xcal3 VMP/Bama 93P tune, 4.10's, Steeda 90mm CAI, BBK twin 62mm TB, o/r x-pipe and Magnapack mufflers mid-mounted

3670lbs race weight.
Old January 4th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #27
Enthusiast

2007 Mustang GT

AR Stang is a jewel in the roughAR Stang is a jewel in the roughAR Stang is a jewel in the roughAR Stang is a jewel in the rough

I am patiently holding off until the 2015 body style comes out in hopes they will go down a little bit in price or if I find a killer deal I will grab it. My trade in would be alright since the car is paid off but then I would have payments again and want them to be as little as possible. There is an orange boss in the area I want more than anything but I can't go back to a big payment even with my trade in and enough in cash to be at 20k, they still want 36kish for it.

http://www.landersford.com/detail-20...-11149597.html

2007 Ford Mustang GT
1997 Jeep ZJ
1971 Dodge Dart
2004 Comp Orange SVT focus- Sold
2000 Ford Focus- Sold
Old January 4th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #28
Enthusiast

That's a sexy ass car. Love the orange! 16k wouldn't be that big of a payment. Hell, I bought mine for 19.5k and only pay 337m on it.

3670lbs race weight.
Old January 5th, 2014, 12:39 AM   #29
MM's Caller of Bullshit

2007 Mustang GT
13.466 @ 102.56 - Stock

Destination S197 has a brilliant futureDestination S197 has a brilliant futureDestination S197 has a brilliant futureDestination S197 has a brilliant futureDestination S197 has a brilliant futureDestination S197 has a brilliant futureDestination S197 has a brilliant futureDestination S197 has a brilliant futureDestination S197 has a brilliant futureDestination S197 has a brilliant futureDestination S197 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Destination S197

Originally Posted by KawiBrian View Post
So I got my cams put in today and they sound so badass but when coming to a light or stop sign the rpms go WAYYY down like to 250rpm then surge up to 1,500rpm and just keeps cycling that way. The tune for it is from Bama anyone have an idea what it could be? I just called Bama and they said they had written the tune for the wrong JLT intake that I have so I will load it up to my car tomorrow and see if that helps.
If the rewritten tune doesn't fix it, it's because of Bama. They weren't able to tune for mine so I had to have it dyno'd.

Dat Lope /// Cruising and hooning with long tubes

MARC MARC MARC
MARC MARC MARC!
Old January 5th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #30
Regular

2007 Mustang GT/CS

KawiBrian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Destination S197 View Post
If the rewritten tune doesn't fix it, it's because of Bama. They weren't able to tune for mine so I had to have it dyno'd.
I loaded the new tune and I took it out on the street last night and it performed flawlessly, idles consistently and does not surge anymore, I heard mixed reviews about the Bama tune but as of now its working fine for me
2007 GT/CS 5 Speed - FRPP Hot Rod Cams, JLT Series 2 CAI, PaceSetter Longtubes, ARH O/R X, Pypes PypeBombs, Bama 93 Tune, N2MB Racing WOT Box, JVC Head Unit, DDM Tuning 55w 8K HIDs, and some Roush appearance shit

2007 Vista Blue V6 - SOLD
Old March 5th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #31
Regular

2008 Mustang GT/CS

Davidx9x can only hope to improve

Your tune is not written correctly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.