Modded Mustang Forums banner

Aftermarket Oil/Water Gauge Install

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  GTPONY1 
#1 ·
I am just curious, those of you that have installed aftermarket gauges like oil presssure and water temp, where did you put the new sending unit with the gauges?

I know with the oil pressure unit, I could just tee it off with the existing and no problems there. However on the temp sending unit not the case, without installing a special hose adapter, is there another port on the block it can go?

Obviously I dont want to remove the factory unit, since they are required for the computer.

#3 ·
Well I have a Oil, Water, Nitrous, Digital Pro Shift System, and Fuel Pressure guages. I got the Oil/Water for Christmas and want to use them since I have places to put them...since I have a two SOS pods, one for the pillar and one on the dash both with 3 three gauges.

#5 ·
Ok...I should have just looked before posting but its just darn cold outside...

Anyway...I can install on drivers side in the block. That is better location than using the adapter Autometer sells and this will still allow the factory sensor to stay in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.