Modded Mustang Forums banner

Intercooler Time

599 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  hellbred07 
#1 ·
Came up against another steed on the way to work this morning.It wasn't what i would call a race more like showing of.I was ahead of him and then i seen him coming up pretty dam fast,dropped it to forth once he was almost beside me but he sailed right past. I kept my foot on it, looked at the tack i was at 5 grand,noticed at that point he was standing still,he couldn't pull furhter ahead:fuI should of gave that sucker 3rd gear and wound him a bit.Time for an intercooler and a smaller pulley then we would see:cool:Anyways got to the light talked to him said he had a kb 9psi,car also seemto be an auto.I got 5psi and when that bitch gets hot i dump timing like fuel = power loss,no more of that ****:mad:

#4 ·
Yeah, about $2k, plus the install and retune. Haven't really had my ass handed to me by anyone, yet... I know the car can go to about 450 rwhp fairly safely, and thats what I'm looking for. Kind of a "be all I can be" thing. The intercooler will be followed by Kooks LT's and Borla full system, and several BMR suspension upgrades and subframe connectors.

#11 ·
I take whipples and kenne belles with my novi intercooled package. Its less popular because of the spooling idea, people get sold on the "8 psi right from idle", which is fun for burn outs and showing off, but i take kenne belles the whole way, off the line is sketchy. From rolls its not sketchy i clearly take him by 2-3 cars. He has an 06 with long tubes and a kb at 8psi. Now i know this isn't great to go by but i said i take whipples because HE said he took a whipple, before we raced. So yeah.

#9 ·
Kenne Bell has been very very good to me... I wish I had more time to drive my car because I don't want to upgrade my internals till I get some value out of them.

#12 ·
He probably can't drive that thing .Sounds to me like you raced one 06 with a bell and won and you put yourself at the top of the blower chain and for you to say you beat him,he beats whippled cars so you can beat both.Interesting.I hope when a whipple or KB car eats you alive you won't be too hurt about it,cause believe me there are such cars on the street.Some of those car's drivers are members on the forum so i know they are around, I know that novi would shine on top but from a dig if he knows how to hook up and plant that foot and shift you will have your work cut out for you.

#15 ·
You have got to be kidding me. First off i said it wasn't great to go by the statement i said when i said i beat whipples. I AM TELLING YOU that i beat a kenne bell, and i will take another kenne bell at 9 psi lol. Im not afraid of it at all, im not like this big racer but i like speed, and once we get off the line my car IS taking the kenne bell.

#13 ·
centri's are faster on the top end and i thought that was a pretty well known fact. badstang if you're pushing 480 to the wheels then you are going a little more than most people like to push the stock internals so you might also take that into consideration. you should also always take the driver mod into consideration. just because someone has a car doesn't mean they can drive it. of course you could have just simply beat him also though, but they only real way to tell if you can out drive someone is to both use the same car in the same conditions and see who gets the better time. even if you both have to bone stock gt's they might come from the factory with slightly different power getting to the rear wheels.

#17 ·
:welcome i know still that a kb at 9psi is not getting your numbers,it might be 450 or so but an equally match gt with a kb and a driver that knows how to drive his car will give you hell.But given enough road to play i agree that you will probably catch him and pass himThis type of race i have yet to see.Also a twinscrew ain't no slouch at a roll :cool:and i know you haven't come across many 9psi kb if anymore besides that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.