2011 Roush Stage 1 and 2
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 11th, 2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Regular

2006 Mustang GT

Redfire66 is on a distinguished road

2011 Roush Stage 1 and 2

Roush finally updated their web page to include the 2011 Mustang Stage 1 and Stage 2 packages. They also have a new one called Sport. Check it out:

ROUSH Vehicles

2006 GT (Auto): Steeda (Carbon Fiber CAI, UDP, Delete Plates, Ultralites, Billet LCA, Adj. Panhard), 93 Brenspeed tune, Flowmaster ATs, 18" FRPP Chrome Bullitts, My Color upgrade, Ford OEM hood scoop
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
it's a bullitt dude, not an Enzo..drive the shit
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:25 PM   #2
Regular

powersrj is on a distinguished road

Looks good. At quick glance what am i getting in the more expensive stage 1 that im not in the sport? Diff wheels and decals?

Any word on Stage 3?
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Regular

2006 Mustang GT

No Stage 3 for 2011. They are having issues with putting a supercharger on the 5.0.

2006 GT (Auto): Steeda (Carbon Fiber CAI, UDP, Delete Plates, Ultralites, Billet LCA, Adj. Panhard), 93 Brenspeed tune, Flowmaster ATs, 18" FRPP Chrome Bullitts, My Color upgrade, Ford OEM hood scoop
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:46 PM   #4
Regular

I wonder why? Shelby seemed to have no trouble...
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #5
Regular

97 cobra/94 integra

Kimo will become famous soon enough

The 427R was my favorite

The Integra V8 build on Facebook!!
V8 Integra- Mus-tegra | Facebook
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #6
Genibus Nitito Canus

2009 Ford Mustang GT

HBK_2007 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to HBK_2007

Originally Posted by powersrj View Post
I wonder why? Shelby seemed to have no trouble...
+1
Old May 13th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #7
Regular

Does anyone have any articles about this Stage 3 not happening for 2011?
Old May 13th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #8
Regular

2006 Mustang GT

One reason is you can't run a very high psi (only like 5 psi) on the supercharger because the 5.0 liter engine has a high compression ratio (11 to 1). I also heard something about issues with the 6 speed transmissions not handling force induction very well.

Old May 13th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #9
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

05 Saleen #824
05 5.7L Hemi Durango

Seabee has much to be proud ofSeabee has much to be proud ofSeabee has much to be proud ofSeabee has much to be proud ofSeabee has much to be proud ofSeabee has much to be proud ofSeabee has much to be proud ofSeabee has much to be proud ofSeabee has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Seabee

Well that doesnt sound good at all, not being able to put a s/c on it. Thats gonna suck for alot of people

EX-MILITARY CREW
ANTI ILLEGALS CREW FOUNDER
Old May 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #10
Regular

2006 Mustang GT

Hmm more interesting...not sure I'm reading this article right, but it looks like they are dropping the supercharger from the GT350.

2011 Shelby GT350 loses supercharger, adds automatic trans for SCCA sanctioned competition

k that is the automatic only. It looks like Ford Racing has been able to come up with a supercharger for the 5.0 liter.

Old May 13th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #11
Regular

Ok time out...Yes, you cant just slap a SC on and start boosting but thats not what the stage 3 is. The stage 3 in recent previous years have had forged internals with lower compression.

Shelby gt350 is an entirely diff topic. They orig lowered the compression with diff internals (not sure if they are forged) but then it had so much hp and such a high proposed price tag that it couldnt compete in the track class it was designed for.

Last years stage 3 had forged internals and was an absolute beast. Also check this out. Not sure if its the 2011 5.0 but i am pretty sure it is...

SMS Supercars - 25th Anniversary Mustang Concept

All im sayin is there is no logic reason why Roush couldnt produce a viable stage 3 package.
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #12
Regular

2006 Mustang GT

I'm definitely not saying Roush can't put a supercharger on the 5.0 liter, but I heard they were running into issues with the 6 speed transmission and that is why they will not release a Stage 3. I talked with Roush a week ago about the 2011 Stages and he said they will not being doing a Stage 3 for 2011. That could definitely change, but that was directly from Roush.

Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:33 PM   #13
Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

Hawaiianbro will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Hawaiianbro

I believe shelby changed the tune or something with the motor to s/c it. Cause i heard it produces more power than the gt500.

Plus shelby is only making so many gt350

Since Ive heard good things from those who have the new 5.0 Im looking at getting one now. i can only see myself maybe lowering it a little and adding a intake/tune with a nice catback exhaust. and be done with it. Also ill be getting the brembo package.

Anyone know if there using exhaust manifolds or is it a shorty header on the 5.0s? I saw an article showing them using shorty headers instead.
B&M Short Shifter / Ford Heavy Duty Clutch / 3.73 gears / Nitto Drag Radials / Steeda CAI / Diablo Tuned / Mac LT Headers / Lethal Cated Xpipe / Pypes Exhaust / Smoked headlights and Tail lights / GT floor mats / PP 70mm TB / Accufab Plenum

Last edited by Hawaiianbro; June 2nd, 2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:55 PM   #14
Regular

2006 Mustang GT
havent been yet

Ho_Edge is on a distinguished road

i dont even see the point. theres absolutely nothing done to any of 2011 packages except for exterior and interior mods. the stage 2 just has upgraded suspension with Roush stamped all over it. Not worth $7600.

only thing i would want out of all that is the front fascia, upper/lower grill, and suspension ......just my .02!
Flow 40s
custom fab'd O/R Hpipe

Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:54 AM   #15
Enthusiast

GTNorm is on a distinguished road

The Roushes look great but did they copy that grill from the Saleens of earlier years?
Old June 3rd, 2010, 12:14 PM   #16
Regular

'10 Mustang GT (Drag Car)
10.88 @ 125.00 mph 1/4 Officially The First 2010 in the 10's!

2004CobraBound is on a distinguished road

I wonder if Roush will take advantage of the new 5.0L engine, and just keep on releasing new "2011 Roush 427R"...but it has the stock 5.0L engine.

I think they should take the 5.0L badges off the Roush Mustangs. Makes it feel like you are buying a stock GT with Roush appearance. lol
Old June 7th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #17
Enthusiast

2000 Mustang GT

Hawaiianbro will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Hawaiianbro

It probably be awhile til roush releases a s/c version. maybe they could do a turbo which i doubt. but i would say there waiting for now.
B&M Short Shifter / Ford Heavy Duty Clutch / 3.73 gears / Nitto Drag Radials / Steeda CAI / Diablo Tuned / Mac LT Headers / Lethal Cated Xpipe / Pypes Exhaust / Smoked headlights and Tail lights / GT floor mats / PP 70mm TB / Accufab Plenum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: 2011 Roush Stage 1 and 2
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roush Stage 3 Justin@DRI 2005 - 2010 26 October 25th, 2009 11:39 PM
Roush stage 3 07 STROKER 2005 - 2010 6 May 11th, 2008 04:33 PM
02 roush stage 2 cet2kill 99 - 04 24 February 8th, 2008 12:56 AM
01 roush stage 2 roush 2001 99 - 04 1 January 3rd, 2008 11:54 PM