2011 Mustang GT Hushpower - Resonator Delete
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Regular

2001 Mustang Bullitt

austin101385 is on a distinguished road

2011 Mustang GT Hushpower - Resonator Delete

Here's my 2011 Mustang GT with Flowmaster Hushpower Axlebacks and a resonator delete by a local muffler shop. Sorry for all of the background noise...it was a very windy day. I'll try to get a better video on an HD camcorder. There's no difference in sound volume at idle and cruising. You really hear the difference when revving and accelerating. It sounds a lot more throaty during acceleration.

There have been posts that removing the resonators makes the exhaust obnoxious, but if you notice, they have already removed their catalytic converters. Just removing the resonators increases the sound volume when revving and accelerating, but not nearly as much as removing the catalytic converters, and there is no issue with emissions/warranty. I have not noticed any increase in drone either.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Regular

2001 Mustang Bullitt

Old March 5th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Regular

flowmann is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by austin101385 View Post
Here's my 2011 Mustang GT with Flowmaster Hushpower Axlebacks and a resonator delete by a local muffler shop. Sorry for all of the background noise...it was a very windy day. I'll try to get a better video on an HD camcorder. There's no difference in sound volume at idle and cruising. You really hear the difference when revving and accelerating. It sounds a lot more throaty during acceleration.

There have been posts that removing the resonators makes the exhaust obnoxious, but if you notice, they have already removed their catalytic converters. Just removing the resonators increases the sound volume when revving and accelerating, but not nearly as much as removing the catalytic converters, and there is no issue with emissions/warranty. I have not noticed any increase in drone either.

YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT Hushpower and Resonator Delete
Austin101385,
Itís good to hear the Hushpower Axle-Back without the resonators with cats still installed. Submit your video to our Show Us Your Flows Contest. We give away prizes every week!

SHOW US YOUR FLOWS

Check out some recent winners:
Winning Video 1
Winning Video 2
Winning Video 3
Winning Video 4

Flowmaster Mufflers
Toll Free Technical Support: 1-800-544-4761
www.flowmastermufflers.com
www.facebook.com/FlowmasterMufflersINC
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #4
eating 1 ricer at a time

2002 mustang GT
not sure only ran on the streets so far!

02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice02GT89 is just really nice

hmmm im give this a go nice exhaust too
Old March 16th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #5

2011 Mustang GT

MoreHP is on a distinguished road

Sounds very nice. Any chance you ever make it over to Charleston?
Old March 18th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #6
Regular

2001 Mustang Bullitt

Originally Posted by MoreHP View Post
Sounds very nice. Any chance you ever make it over to Charleston?
I'm going to Garden City this summer. One will be on mustang week...you ought to come. I'm only going to be able to make it Thursday-Sunday though...although it starts on Tuesday.
Old March 19th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #7
Enthusiast

1992 Mustang GT
auto-X only

pber13 is on a distinguished road

Sounds good, but does anyome else find it amusing that he bought a 'hushpower' exhaust and is now modifying it to make it louder?
Old March 20th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #8
Regular

2001 Mustang Bullitt

Originally Posted by pber13 View Post
Sounds good, but does anyome else find it amusing that he bought a 'hushpower' exhaust and is now modifying it to make it louder?
Amusing? no...I bought the hushpower because it was one of the highest rated axlebacks for the 5.0. I new when I bought it that it was not meant to be overly loud ("hush"power)...but it was too muffled for me. I came from a 2001 Mustang bullitt with an o/r x-pipe and super 44 flows. The hushpowers sound good in the car, but when you want to roll the windows down and hear it, there's not much volume and it gets quieter the higher the rpms. I just wanted to open it up a little...that's why I deleted the resonators and not the cats.

Now however, it just sounds like a glasspack muffler....which was my first impression of the hushpower when I got it, now just louder and more popping. An x-pipe might smooth it out, but I'm going to do it the right way and get a borla s-type catback.

Anyone interested in a slightly used set of hushpower axlebacks? Sounds great, just a little to quiet for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: 2011 Mustang GT Hushpower - Resonator Delete
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 Shelby GT350 Mustang and 2011 Ford Mustang GT Convertible trev0006 Videos 1 February 16th, 2011 09:21 PM
2011 Camaro SS VS 2011 Mustang GT (modding potential) Daniel0318 The Clubhouse 32 November 3rd, 2010 01:09 PM
2011 Ford Mustang GT vs 2011 BMW M3 Coupe trev0006 Videos 10 November 1st, 2010 07:45 PM
Mustang 5-liter American Thunder and Hushpower axle-back exhausts trev0006 Videos 0 October 29th, 2010 03:30 PM
resonator with off raod? Bkbulldog 2005 - 2010 14 October 24th, 2008 08:30 PM