2011 Mustang GT Hushpower - Resonator Delete - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old February 27th, 2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 145
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
2011 Mustang GT Hushpower - Resonator Delete

Here's my 2011 Mustang GT with Flowmaster Hushpower Axlebacks and a resonator delete by a local muffler shop. Sorry for all of the background noise...it was a very windy day. I'll try to get a better video on an HD camcorder. There's no difference in sound volume at idle and cruising. You really hear the difference when revving and accelerating. It sounds a lot more throaty during acceleration.

There have been posts that removing the resonators makes the exhaust obnoxious, but if you notice, they have already removed their catalytic converters. Just removing the resonators increases the sound volume when revving and accelerating, but not nearly as much as removing the catalytic converters, and there is no issue with emissions/warranty. I have not noticed any increase in drone either.

austin101385 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old February 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 145
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
austin101385 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old March 5th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 330
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin101385 View Post
Here's my 2011 Mustang GT with Flowmaster Hushpower Axlebacks and a resonator delete by a local muffler shop. Sorry for all of the background noise...it was a very windy day. I'll try to get a better video on an HD camcorder. There's no difference in sound volume at idle and cruising. You really hear the difference when revving and accelerating. It sounds a lot more throaty during acceleration.

There have been posts that removing the resonators makes the exhaust obnoxious, but if you notice, they have already removed their catalytic converters. Just removing the resonators increases the sound volume when revving and accelerating, but not nearly as much as removing the catalytic converters, and there is no issue with emissions/warranty. I have not noticed any increase in drone either.

YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT Hushpower and Resonator Delete
Austin101385,
It’s good to hear the Hushpower Axle-Back without the resonators with cats still installed. Submit your video to our Show Us Your Flows Contest. We give away prizes every week!



SHOW US YOUR FLOWS

Check out some recent winners:
Winning Video 1
Winning Video 2
Winning Video 3
Winning Video 4


Flowmaster Mufflers
Toll Free Technical Support: 1-800-544-4761
www.flowmastermufflers.com
www.facebook.com/FlowmasterMufflersINC
flowmann is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old March 5th, 2011, 08:23 PM
eating 1 ricer at a time
 
02GT89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,627
       
iTrader: 3 reviews
hmmm im give this a go nice exhaust too

Power in the hands of a few
02GT89 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old March 16th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 3
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Sounds very nice. Any chance you ever make it over to Charleston?
MoreHP is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old March 18th, 2011, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 145
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHP View Post
Sounds very nice. Any chance you ever make it over to Charleston?
I'm going to Garden City this summer. One will be on mustang week...you ought to come. I'm only going to be able to make it Thursday-Sunday though...although it starts on Tuesday.
austin101385 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old March 19th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 828
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Sounds good, but does anyome else find it amusing that he bought a 'hushpower' exhaust and is now modifying it to make it louder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcook_14 View Post
Well to me, really doing anything to the American flag is defacing it. Unless you're
using it to strangle terrorists, then you get an A+ from dcook
pber13 is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old March 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 145
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pber13 View Post
Sounds good, but does anyome else find it amusing that he bought a 'hushpower' exhaust and is now modifying it to make it louder?
Amusing? no...I bought the hushpower because it was one of the highest rated axlebacks for the 5.0. I new when I bought it that it was not meant to be overly loud ("hush"power)...but it was too muffled for me. I came from a 2001 Mustang bullitt with an o/r x-pipe and super 44 flows. The hushpowers sound good in the car, but when you want to roll the windows down and hear it, there's not much volume and it gets quieter the higher the rpms. I just wanted to open it up a little...that's why I deleted the resonators and not the cats.

Now however, it just sounds like a glasspack muffler....which was my first impression of the hushpower when I got it, now just louder and more popping. An x-pipe might smooth it out, but I'm going to do it the right way and get a borla s-type catback.

Anyone interested in a slightly used set of hushpower axlebacks? Sounds great, just a little to quiet for me.
austin101385 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome