Which onedo you like better?

• 2012 Boss

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • 2013 Boss

Votes: 35 53.0%

Boss: 2012 vs 2013

6K views 44 replies 36 participants last post by  Lynx 
#1 ·
So looking into both of these amazing cars. I liked the 2012 Boss when it came out, but there are a few thins about it i dont like(the C stripe, painted roof, taillights). I really like the 2013s, but the GT500-esque look throws me. That and i like the lower fascia on the 2012 better. So im asking you MM, if you were to buy one, or even if you weren't, which one do you like better. Pros/cons, opinions, whatever you wanna say.(I know most everybody has some sort of opinion on the Boss)

#13 ·
+1

I don't mind the C stripe on the 2012. I keep seeing the picture of the Orange 2013 w/ the Boss 302 stripe that ends at the top of the fender, that needs to continue onto the hood or it looks odd to me. The painted hood on the 2012 was stupid. The plastic "fog lights" on the 2013 are just as stupid (but easily replaced w/ a new grille). I don't mind either of the tail lights. But the glowing headlight edge of the 2013 is stupid, quit trying to do what Audi did 5 years ago.

#6 · (Edited)
The painted cladding adds visual girth, which is kind of counter-intuitive on a car with a purpose like the Boss's. I do think the '13 LS (especially the black) looks better than the '12 LS, but as for the non-LS cars, the '12s look better IMO.

The SYNC and HIDs on the '13s were big things to add, but these can be retrofitted or worked around on the '12s anyway without too much hassle AFAIK.

I guess the Track Apps are a nice addition too, but I don't know too much about them.

#9 ·
Don't like the front fascia of the 13 but love everything else about it.

Headlights, taillights, track apps, side mirror light ....mainly the track apps and LCD screen in between guages

If you don't like the front fascia, there is got to be someone willing to trade you to make there 10-12 look like a 13....

And the retro theme is pretty cool it is gonna wear out eventually...but to what ? The GTO was a modern look with muscle and it looked weird....it was like a BMW with a 350 sb...or a football bat !
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.com App

#14 ·
I'd say u can't go wrong. Any Boss or 13 Shelby is a win dude.
Personally I haven't gotten into the 13's yet. They have some appeal to me, but the 11-12 look better I think.

#17 ·
I saw a 13 in person today at the dealer, the front end can grow on you after you accept it, the painted bumpers and side skirts are very nice then add the track guages my vote is still for the 13.....

Side note, why was for so lazy to not actually re design the front or just come up with New hood lines .... That really shows pure laziness to use a design that's been in use since the gt500 came back, and ish there are probably a few 2010s running around with the gt500 front end on it because I know I did the research on it but could not afford it....

I do it with my cell phone !

#18 ·
2013 definitely. new front and rear. better aerodynamics. projector HIDs standard. painted side rockers and rear bumper. track apps. removable fog light covers. 2013 ftw.

#19 ·
I dont like the scrunched look of the front end of the 2013 whatsoever and although the tail-lights are novel, they arent my style. Overall its an improved car so there is a major plus in that sense but looks come first and so 2012.

#23 ·
13 FTW, its what brought me over from my 2010 challenger and i dont car what anyone says, retro styling the challenger destroys that category, but like someone else retro is will wear off, i think the 13 blends the worlds together very well, its got retro flare but with some modern tweeks and they are done well!!! (unlike the camaro!!!)

plus like others said the 13 has so many cool little things that the 12's dont get.

but to each thier own.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#32 ·
+1^

I think the gt500 look cheapens the car & the rear bumper looks like it belongs on a kia.

ford failed on the restyle IMO.

I will give up that the options are quite impressive on the 13's though (aside from the fact that you can no longer get a true 300a car which sucks)

#28 ·
The black body cladding on the 2010/12 belongs on a truck or SUV not a sporty car. I couldn't understand how they could forget to paint the grill surround. Because that is what it looks like a replacement part left unpainted. They did paint it on the Boss just goes to show they too realized that was a mistake.

2013 they fixed that and gave people what they wanted from 2007 the looks of the GT500. What's not to like?

#29 ·
13 have the heat extractor hood. So yeah..... if you actually plan on racing it the 13 by far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.