Just installed Offroad X pipe
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #1
Regular

matholland is on a distinguished road

Just installed Offroad X pipe

Hey guys, I have a 2012 mustang gt with C&L CAI, magnaflow muffler delete axlebacks, and just installed my lethal performance X pipe...wow, I didn't realize how loud is was going to be, its insane...it sounds SICK at idle with the cam tune, but it cackles quite a bit and is just loud...seems like I lost quite a bit of torque on the bottom end as well...its not bad when you a cruising, but when you punch it.....D@mn!!!! Is anyone else running something similar? Should I sell my muffler deletes and buy a different axleback setup with mufflers? I am afraid I am going to get pulled over...its just crazy loud.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #2
Enthusiast

ihavefat will become famous soon enoughihavefat will become famous soon enough

Why don't you just go back to stock axle backs? My friend has a similar set up as yours and he is planning on going back to stock axle backs just because it's too loud.

vid please!!
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #3
Regular

I still have my stockers, but I think that would be way to quiet for my taste...I can try and get a video tomorrow, can't tonight. I was thinking about seeing if I could trade someone for the flowmaster axlebacks or something...I saw a guy on here that has the gt500 mufflers, but I still think that is a little quiet for what I want...I loved how my car sounded with the muffler deletes, even though it could have stood to be louder...Hell I really don't care if it is loud, just I need to get rid of the cackling and just seems like I don't have enough back pressure and seems to have lost some torque in the lower rpms.
Old December 7th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #4
Enthusiast

ihavefat will become famous soon enoughihavefat will become famous soon enough

My friend doesn't have the cam tune but you really shouldn't lose any torque..if anything with the right tune you should gain torque.

Even with stockers, your car will be loud, just not as loud. So I say try that. I don't know if you saw my other thread, but I just took off my custom Flowmaster mufflers. I don't know if I want to sell it yet but if I do, I could let you know. I paid 280 for them with install but I am probably going to just sell it for like 100 bucks or something. Just throwign it out there.
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:14 AM   #5
Regular

bam2012 is on a distinguished road

Not sure where you are located but I had american thunder axe backs before going offroad x-pipe, I now have gt500 and about monthly I reinstall the american thunders because I miss the loud in your face sound, but after two days tops I reinstall gt500 and enjoy the less loud exhaust. If your in the VA area you could hear my exhaust and maybe try the american thunder out. I would let them go pretty cheap locally without shipping.
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Mustang GT

zinsavage123 will become famous soon enough

havnt heard one yet on the new 5.0's

2001 Mustang GT - Tuned by Matt@Performance Evolution
1996 Civic DX - My dd
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:54 AM   #7

2013 Mustang GT

Heldentum is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by matholland View Post
I still have my stockers, but I think that would be way to quiet for my taste...I can try and get a video tomorrow, can't tonight. I was thinking about seeing if I could trade someone for the flowmaster axlebacks or something...I saw a guy on here that has the gt500 mufflers, but I still think that is a little quiet for what I want...I loved how my car sounded with the muffler deletes, even though it could have stood to be louder...Hell I really don't care if it is loud, just I need to get rid of the cackling and just seems like I don't have enough back pressure and seems to have lost some torque in the lower rpms.
Try to find some 2nd hand GT500 axle backs from one of the other mustang forums I think you would get a good sound with that. GT500 on their own are decent but not very loud, but since you have a o/r x pipe i think they would sound sick. But if you prefer straight pipe sound then stick to what you have.
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #8
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
1/4 mile? Well maybe.

xXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud of

Having a magnaflow comp cat back and off road X pipe, Yeah that shit is loud

Now with boral stingers.

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
0-60mph 0.5 sec. And we have liftoff!
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Regular

after driving it, it hasn't lost anything, its just different driving with the cam tune. It dies sometimes if you first start it even when its warm and its idling high for the choke or whatever, and you go an pull out, it will die if you don't give it a minute or rev it up a bit. i think it sounds sweet at idle, i love the sound at idle, it just cackles a bit too much for my taste...I am afraid if I put any kind of mufflers on it, it wont sound like it does now at idle...it truely sounds like an old muscle car right now when its loping
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #10
Fear The Rain... Butt...?

2008 Shelby GT500

Rainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant future

I'd say get either SLP or GT500 axlebacks. SLP will be the louder, more aggressive out of the two if that's what you're looking for.

Check out my build thread!
Originally Posted by Fluffy The Rhino View Post
My Mustang is louder than 3 semi trucks. Making love.
Originally Posted by southfour! View Post
Rainbow made him gay?

Wouldn't be the first time.
Old December 8th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #11
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
1/4 mile? Well maybe.

xXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud of

SLP loud mouths will solve all your problems.

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
0-60mph 0.5 sec. And we have liftoff!
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #12
Regular

2012 Mustang GT
12.2@112mph

rauscher89lx is on a distinguished road

I have

I have the lethal performance xpipe as well as the slp loudmouth muffler deletes, jlt cai, boss intake and a custom tune. It does crackle quite a bit at times, when downshifting for the most part. But I must say, at WOT, it's ridiculous. I love it. Not worried so much about noise and the law after one complimented me. But I'm sure there are those who hate it. Say it's to loud, raspy, annoying. Everyone has there own opinion, and Idgaf.

2012 5.0 Premium Non/Brembo Eibach Sportlines - BMR adj panhard bar - Cdc chin spoiler - Jlt CAI - Boss Intake Manifold - SLP Loudmouth Axleback Delete - Lethal Performance O/R X-Pipe - Custom tune _ 442rwhp/405tq
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #13
Enthusiast

maverick3429 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to maverick3429

Please to god don't get flowmasters, Every mustang has them. SLP's as mentioned before or even magnapacks (which is what I have) sound great. Although i'm running a 2v 4.6 so the motor is gonna sound different. But I personally love the magnapacks.
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #14
It'll be bout tree fiddy

11 GT Premium
8.39 Spinning through 2nd gear in the 1/8

GT350pwns is a jewel in the roughGT350pwns is a jewel in the roughGT350pwns is a jewel in the roughGT350pwns is a jewel in the rough

I really like my pype bombs for a muffler delete. They have resonated tips w/ some small baffles (best way I can figure to describe it) on the inside to help eliminate the popping.

They are pretty quiet at idle. But, when you step on it, she wakes up the neighborhood.
Old December 11th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #15

silver50 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by matholland View Post
after driving it, it hasn't lost anything, its just different driving with the cam tune. It dies sometimes if you first start it even when its warm and its idling high for the choke or whatever, and you go an pull out, it will die if you don't give it a minute or rev it up a bit. i think it sounds sweet at idle, i love the sound at idle, it just cackles a bit too much for my taste...I am afraid if I put any kind of mufflers on it, it wont sound like it does now at idle...it truely sounds like an old muscle car right now when its loping
You must have the Bama Cam tune. I had the same stalling problem with that tune as well. I agree with you on the exhaust sounding amazing with that tune at idle definitely turn a whole lot of head, but the stalling was just too much for me to handle. switch back to the regular tune and it quite down the exhaust just a tad, but still sounds awesome and like an old school muscle car at idle. when I want it a little louder I just give it a little rev at idle or floor it when I'm driving. As far as the cops go, just be really gentle on the pedal when around them and you should be alright. I would recommend trying to switch back to the normal tune instead of the Cam tune and see how you like it. it would be a free change at least compared to having to buy new axle backs
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #16
Driver Mod

2012 Mustang GT

Jayme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jayme Send a message via Yahoo to Jayme

most people with off road pipes love the sound of the GT500 A/Bs.
1990 Mustang GT -Sold-
Driver Mod + Stock H/C/I = 12.99 @ 105.05mph
'90 Mustang LX -Sold-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0t8P4JWc0U
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #17
Regular

Originally Posted by silver50 View Post
You must have the Bama Cam tune. I had the same stalling problem with that tune as well. I agree with you on the exhaust sounding amazing with that tune at idle definitely turn a whole lot of head, but the stalling was just too much for me to handle. switch back to the regular tune and it quite down the exhaust just a tad, but still sounds awesome and like an old school muscle car at idle. when I want it a little louder I just give it a little rev at idle or floor it when I'm driving. As far as the cops go, just be really gentle on the pedal when around them and you should be alright. I would recommend trying to switch back to the normal tune instead of the Cam tune and see how you like it. it would be a free change at least compared to having to buy new axle backs
Right, I am actually working with BAMA now on this. I have had a couple of issues with the cam tune, that I have never had a problem with in the past with their tunes. They told me to flash with one of the other tunes and see if I still had the problem. I am flashing to the 91 performance tune tonight after work and going to drive home without the cam tune and see how it is. On 2 occasions, when it has died and I have turned it back on, the traction control light, and another light beside it has came on. The light would not go off by pressing the traction control button. I had to turn my car off and turn it back on in order for the light to go off.

I have also noticed a lot of bucking when it is very cold and you take off...used to it would happen every now and again, but its much worse it seems.
Old December 14th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #18
Regular

2012 Mustang GT

txcharlie is on a distinguished road

My first axle back was FM Outlaws. They sounded great running around town and were very loud, but the highway drone was too much for me.
Next I installed OEM GT500's and they were not much louder than stock at idle, but sounded pretty good during acceleration. Now I've added the OR x pipe and with the GT500's, it sounds like a full on race car under acceleration but can still be pretty tame if you keep your right foot under control. It is a bit raspy, but I like it.

2012 Kona 5.0, M6, Boss shifter/boot,
Boss front, Shelby rear, Shelby axle back,
19" Forgestar F14s, Eibach Pro kit
TVS w/75mm, ID1000's, BAP
673whp 617wtq

2008 GT500 stock-sold
2006 GTO 19" Axis shines-sold
1998 SS stock-sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.