Engagement Point, Why You So Tricky?!
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #1
Regular

HonkeyKong is on a distinguished road

Engagement Point, Why You So Tricky?!

65 miles on my 13 track pack premium, and im loving the car so far, but damn is that engagement point tricky to get used to! Right off the floor ya better be ready to be easy off the 3rd pedal, and i will say, having no experience with owning a RWD car or 2 piece drive shafts, that clunky thing annoys me more than i expected it to. Had a few grinds so far, one in 2nd cuz i didnt clutch it to the floor (lesson learned) and one in 1st and reverse cuz it didnt push into gear all the way (didn't feel quite right but i wasnt sure and found out the stupid way) All in all loving the car, hoping the mgw softens up a little bit, but overall if the getrag continues to function as it is, ill be plenty happy!

Also, dont have enough posts to make a FS thread, but my wheels and tires are already for sale. No burnouts or anything, lemme know if interested
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #2
Regular

5LHO is on a distinguished road

In a couple thousand miles the clutch and parts will settle in a bit and everything gets a little easier. My car was really stiff off the lot. Tight engine, stiff shifting, clutch. After a month or two, things started to come together...then the trans imploded, har!
Old January 13th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Enthusiast

ihavefat will become famous soon enoughihavefat will become famous soon enough

Not trying to be cocky or anything but the engagement point in the mustangs are one of the easiest and straightforward ones out there. My friend has the 45th camaro and his clutch has some kind of spring ( I am sure GottaHaveItGreen can tell you from experience) so it's a bit tricky to find that engaging point since the spring pulls it back quicker than you'd expect. Hard to explain but you'll know what I am talking about if you ever drive a Camaro
I drove other manual cars like genesis coups/trucks and trust me, the mustangs are easy.

The transmission will definitely soften up even without the mgw, but mgw will definitely help. These new 5.0s are monsters so be careful driving it in the rain, going up hill

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...coat-rims.html

Originally Posted by xXFallout View Post
Now I know why you have orange rims. Your Asian
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #4
Regular

HonkeyKong is on a distinguished road

The clutch isn't stiff what so ever, one of the lightest I've ever driven (try a new dodge dart if you want a LIGHT clutch, holy shit lol) i just think i need to give it time to get used to it. Hope like hell my tranny holds up, so many horror stories and i dont wanna deal with a second brand new lemon car! (Previous Mazdaspeed 3 was a nightmare on wheels) and i will say holy fuck the powerband and pull of these cars is awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.