Has anyone dynoed their BONE STOCK 5.0?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #1
I like boobs!!!

2012 GT Premium
dunno

NickPohlAandP is a splendid one to beholdNickPohlAandP is a splendid one to beholdNickPohlAandP is a splendid one to beholdNickPohlAandP is a splendid one to beholdNickPohlAandP is a splendid one to beholdNickPohlAandP is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone dynoed their BONE STOCK 5.0?

I'm just wondering what kind of numbers these things put down to the wheels in bone stock form. Any info is much appreciated.

2012 GT Premium, Roush Exhaust, Steeda 101mm CAI, SCT Tune, MGW, 388 RWHP 375 RWTQ
2000 GT Vert, Built, Sold
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 6th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #2
I like boobs!!!

2012 GT Premium
dunno

NickPohlAandP is a splendid one to beholdNickPohlAandP is a splendid one to beholdNickPohlAandP is a splendid one to beholdNickPohlAandP is a splendid one to beholdNickPohlAandP is a splendid one to beholdNickPohlAandP is a splendid one to behold

Nobody knows stock hp and tq numbers?

2012 GT Premium, Roush Exhaust, Steeda 101mm CAI, SCT Tune, MGW, 388 RWHP 375 RWTQ
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Assistant to the Manager

'13 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
?????

Smoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Smoothgrandmama Send a message via Yahoo to Smoothgrandmama

Re: Has anyone dynoed their BONE STOCK 5.0?

Typically between 350-375

Join The MM Facebook:
Modded Mustangs Facebook

Vote For Modded Mustangs Ride of the Month

Eskimo Brothers To Smooth: Safi, Blitz34, Graystang01, WillTheThrill, Bwal, 101Fng

Originally Posted by Smoothgrandmama View Post
Procrastinators unite!..............Tomorrow.
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #4
I like boobs!!!

2012 GT Premium
dunno

Hmmm, I wouldn't have thought there would be so much drivetrain loss.

Old February 6th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #5

2012 5.0
12.7@112

Austin_ has a brilliant futureAustin_ has a brilliant futureAustin_ has a brilliant futureAustin_ has a brilliant futureAustin_ has a brilliant futureAustin_ has a brilliant futureAustin_ has a brilliant futureAustin_ has a brilliant futureAustin_ has a brilliant futureAustin_ has a brilliant futureAustin_ has a brilliant future

350 would be a 15% loss, 375 is a 9% loss.

Not bad
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #6
I like boobs!!!

2012 GT Premium
dunno

Originally Posted by Austin_ View Post
350 would be a 15% loss, 375 is a 9% loss.

Not bad
Good point.

Old February 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #7
I like boobs!!!

2012 GT Premium
dunno

I was just wondering because I just put the Steeda 101mm CAI on with a tune and it brought out a beast in my car. I'm definitely going to need better tires.

Old February 6th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #8
'Stang Noob

2013 Mustang 5.0

Wicked5.O is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NickPohlAandP View Post
I was just wondering because I just put the Steeda 101mm CAI on with a tune and it brought out a beast in my car. I'm definitely going to need better tires.
What #'s did you put down on the dyno?
Old February 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #9
I like boobs!!!

2012 GT Premium
dunno

Originally Posted by Wicked5.O View Post
What #'s did you put down on the dyno?
Haven't dynoed it yet... kinda got cockblocked by a broken Grand National. However Steeda claims 44 rwhp and 53 rwtq and I wouldn't be surprised if it's right on that for gains. The car came alive like I was spraying it. I've never seen a car react like this to just a CAI and a tune in my life.

Old February 7th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #10
Regular

Danman0469 is on a distinguished road

Its hard to get a good dyno number on a bone stock 5.0 because 5th gear is 1:1 and you hit the speed limiter in 5th... with that said I put down 354 HP with just roush mufflers, in 4th gear.

Old February 7th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #11
I like boobs!!!

2012 GT Premium
dunno

Originally Posted by Danman0469 View Post
Its hard to get a good dyno number on a bone stock 5.0 because 5th gear is 1:1 and you hit the speed limiter in 5th... with that said I put down 354 HP with just roush mufflers, in 4th gear.
? 5th gear is 1:1? Are you positive about that?

Edit: I guess you are

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...g_GT_Specs.pdf

Old February 7th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #12
Assistant to the Manager

'13 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
?????

Smoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Smoothgrandmama Send a message via Yahoo to Smoothgrandmama

Yes its 5th, and yes you hit your speed limiter before you the gear out. Which is why its important to disable the top speed limiter on any canned tunes unless you swapped to a higher gear ratio.

Join The MM Facebook:
Modded Mustangs Facebook

Vote For Modded Mustangs Ride of the Month

Eskimo Brothers To Smooth: Safi, Blitz34, Graystang01, WillTheThrill, Bwal, 101Fng

Originally Posted by Smoothgrandmama View Post
Procrastinators unite!..............Tomorrow.
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #13
Stew

2014 5.0

stewarts2008 will become famous soon enoughstewarts2008 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NickPohlAandP View Post
Haven't dynoed it yet... kinda got cockblocked by a broken Grand National. However Steeda claims 44 rwhp and 53 rwtq and I wouldn't be surprised if it's right on that for gains. The car came alive like I was spraying it. I've never seen a car react like this to just a CAI and a tune in my life.
wow, do they really claim that? I have it with my boss intake and i really didnt notice that big of a difference.....
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #14
I like boobs!!!

2012 GT Premium
dunno

Originally Posted by stewarts2008 View Post
wow, do they really claim that? I have it with my boss intake and i really didnt notice that big of a difference.....
Did you get a tune for the CAI? The last step in the installation instructions says "Get a tune". That CAI steps up your MAF to 101mm, much larger than stock. If you haven't tuned for it you're probably running lean, and from what you were saying on one of your other threads about nitrous, I would veer against it until you know you're not running lean.

Here's the link to the CAI. Read on down toward the bottom and it says they've gotten gains of 44 rwhp and 52 rwtq. All I know is that my car is a completely different animal after installing that thing. I'm truly amazed.

Steeda 2011-13 Mustang GT Cold Air Intake - Made in the USA 555-3155 555-3156

Old February 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #15
Stew

2014 5.0

stewarts2008 will become famous soon enoughstewarts2008 will become famous soon enough

I have Steeda 2012-13 Boss Mustang Cold Air Intake - Made in the USA 555-3162 It is the exact same as the one you linked to, only it is boss specific. Meaning it fit perfectly into my boss intake manifold. And yes, im running a tune. I have switched back and forth between bama 91 performance and race and it isnt that impressive. Its mostly the tune that causes the higher HP/TQ numbers, not this intake. Then again, the boss intake mani from AM says "Bolt on up to 58 RWHP and 40 ft-lb torque with the Ford Racing BOSS 302 Manifold"..... yea, im sure i gained that much.....
Old February 7th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #16
I like boobs!!!

2012 GT Premium
dunno

Apparently it gains more with the stock intake.

Direct quote from the link you posted:
"Combined with the required custom tune using an SCT X3 Flash programming device we have achieved dramatic power increases.

Peak to Peak gains of up to 28hp and 22ft/lbs of torque have been achieved, with point to point gains of as much as 32 horsepower and 25 ft/lbs of torque!"

This is a direct quote from the one on my car without the BOSS intake.

"Combined with the required custom tune using an SCT X3 Flash programming device we have achieved dramatic power increases of up to 44hp and 52ft/lbs of torque!"

I'm sure adding the BOSS intake added power too, but you need to turn your rev limiter up to make use of it. That intake will actually lose you power down low. It is meant to make power in the upper RPM range, which is why the BOSS has a higher rev limit than our GT's. Also, there's a lot of differences between the BOSS heads and cams vs. the GT heads and cams.

Old February 7th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #17
Stew

2014 5.0

Im sure like every other company, they also did their baseline with 87 octane, then tuned it with 93. the heart-throb exhaust im putting on this weekend claims 21.7 HP with the cats being used, so we will see if thats true.
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #18
I like boobs!!!

2012 GT Premium
dunno

If you want to read up on how different the BOSS engine is from ours, here is a GREAT article.

2011 Ford Mustang 302 - Inside The Boss - 5.0 Mustang Magazine

Old February 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #19
Regular

2008 GMC Sierra 1/2 Ton

Lynx will become famous soon enough

The numbers claimed are more than likely throughout the power curve and not peak hp/tq

EDIT
Gains of up to 44 HP at peak
Taken from their site
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #20
Enthusiast

2004 mustang gt

tp88 will become famous soon enough

My friend just texted me and said his put down 396rwhp.. Its @ 13` M6
Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide.Com Free App

picture sharing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.