Roush bottom grille delete for 2013 GT
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #1
BHD
Want Camels?

Mustang GT 2013

BHD has a spectacular aura aboutBHD has a spectacular aura aboutBHD has a spectacular aura about
Question

Roush bottom grille delete for 2013 GT

I ordered my 2013 Roush front grille, in the catalog they had the option "421393 Lower Grille Delete" (when I searched for it on their website, the search came out empty) so I supposed I could take off my lower grille and it will be ok.

Unfortunately there are plastic pieces I need to cut, but the trim as shown in the Roush cars isn't available in the website, I had a chat with them and they don't sell it, the trim was made for actual stage 1 2 and 3 Roush but not for normal purchase, anyhow, anyone got any experience with that?

P.S. there is no way I am putting back my honeycomb lower grille back again

My current bottom grille after delete

And how it looks on actual Roush, see the plastic trim and strut holding it

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 14th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
1/4 mile? Well maybe.

xXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud of

Nbd bro. Can never go wrong with Roush parts

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
0-60mph 0.5 sec. And we have liftoff!
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #3
BHD
Want Camels?

Mustang GT 2013

BHD has a spectacular aura aboutBHD has a spectacular aura aboutBHD has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xXFallout View Post
Nbd bro. Can never go wrong with Roush parts
Sure, I need a solution though lol

Old February 14th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Enthusiast

2012 mustang boss 302

kody is on a distinguished road

Do you know how it actually attaches to the bumper? you might be able to cut the part that's blocking the new piece and use some good double sided tape to hold the new one in place.
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #5
BHD
Want Camels?

Mustang GT 2013

Originally Posted by kody View Post
Do you know how it actually attaches to the bumper? you might be able to cut the part that's blocking the new piece and use some good double sided tape to hold the new one in place.
I don't know because as I mentioned above, Roush doesn't sell the new plastic trim, so I am trying to have an idea or solution

Old February 14th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #6
Enthusiast

2012 mustang boss 302

kody is on a distinguished road

Do you have a parts list of what comes in the kit?
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #7
BHD
Want Camels?

Mustang GT 2013

this 2013 Ford Mustang - ROUSH Front Grille Kit

and there was no issue fitting the upper front grille, my problem is with the lower grille delete

Old February 14th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #8
BHD
Want Camels?

Mustang GT 2013

I did more search, actually Roush offers this only 2013 Ford Mustang - ROUSH Lower Grille Kit which I don't want, I want the open style grille which this one in the picture, Roush wants to keep it executive for the current production.. sucks big time! seems I need to find a solution myself, cut the piece and go to shop to make some custom job
Attached Thumbnails
Roush bottom grille delete for 2013 GT-veh-2013-rs3-59-900x602.jpg  

Old February 15th, 2013, 04:38 AM   #9
Regular

HonkeyKong is on a distinguished road

That roush grille delete still kinda does a half ass job at cleaning it up. Would look better if the plastic was completely cut out and then the grille surround went in. Maybe if cdc ever releases their lower it'll be what you're lookin for
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #10
BHD
Want Camels?

Mustang GT 2013

Cool

And I am updating this thread, 2013 Roush exlusive lower grille delete found its way to Dubai

Old June 4th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #11

2013 Mustang GT + Brembos

MXKON is on a distinguished road

I would love to know how that happened, b.c I think I would really like to make this mod myself.
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #12

Firesuit/PBH is on a distinguished road

I have seen this kit and it looks like a pretty decent install. Not sure when the person I saw it with will install it. I will try to sneak some pics though and insight.
Old June 4th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #13
On Probation

2014 Mustang GT Premium

Rice_Eater is loose again, somebody get the straightjacket

OP, how did you remove the honeycomb lower grill? Did it require cutting? Could you just leave it open like the way you did now?
Old June 4th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #14
BHD
Want Camels?

Mustang GT 2013

Originally Posted by MXKON View Post
I would love to know how that happened, b.c I think I would really like to make this mod myself.
Magic isn't it , PM heading your way

Originally Posted by Firesuit/PBH View Post
I have seen this kit and it looks like a pretty decent install. Not sure when the person I saw it with will install it. I will try to sneak some pics though and insight.
Any pics are welcome, I hooked my friend in here with another one, we installed it few days ago, I got many pics but I thought I will make up a proper write up once I do it myself on my ride, pictures are welcome from your side..

Originally Posted by Rice_Eater View Post
OP, how did you remove the honeycomb lower grill? Did it require cutting? Could you just leave it open like the way you did now?
You need to remove it, remove the lower plastic guard, or you know what, take a look at this video lol, and then you have to trim the surroundings to fit the lower grille delete..

Note that I am only stating in the video how to remove the honeycomb

Old June 5th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #15
Regular

2011 Mustang GT

cbragg4654 is on a distinguished road

My stock gt had a open gap in the bottom and a rock bounced up and hit my condenser for my ac. Ford wouldn't cover it under warranty so i fixed it myself and added my own grill down there! Watch out for rocks!
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #16
BHD
Want Camels?

Mustang GT 2013

Originally Posted by cbragg4654 View Post
My stock gt had a open gap in the bottom and a rock bounced up and hit my condenser for my ac. Ford wouldn't cover it under warranty so i fixed it myself and added my own grill down there! Watch out for rocks!
yes, 10-12 models are a bit open, it happens bro, was it hard getting it fixed, a pre-advice from you will always be helpful so I can troubleshoot anything I might face

And post pictures of your own grille if you don't mind

Old June 6th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #17
Regular

2011 Mustang GT

I'm, deployed so I will try to get my wife to send on so i can post it!! And if you are driving and it starts steaming and your oil temp doesn't rise and ac stops working the condenser id busted lol! It had green/yellow dye in it so when it busted you could see the hole where it all came out! I had it towed because i thought it was the radiator at first haha! And it was easy to fix! Ordered the condenser off of rockauto and got the wrong one the first time but the second was the right one! You have to remove the CAI, Bumper, and disconnect all the lights then I managed to squeeze it out by removing the radiator supports on top so i could lean it back enough. After that my uncle knew someone who charges ac for company vehicles and he hooked me up so it was a lot cheaper instead of having some dealer rip me off!
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #18
BHD
Want Camels?

Mustang GT 2013

I'm, deployed so I will try to get my wife to send on so i can post it!! And if you are driving and it starts steaming and your oil temp doesn't rise and ac stops working the condenser id busted lol! It had green/yellow dye in it so when it busted you could see the hole where it all came out! I had it towed because i thought it was the radiator at first haha! And it was easy to fix! Ordered the condenser off of rockauto and got the wrong one the first time but the second was the right one! You have to remove the CAI, Bumper, and disconnect all the lights then I managed to squeeze it out by removing the radiator supports on top so i could lean it back enough. After that my uncle knew someone who charges ac for company vehicles and he hooked me up so it was a lot cheaper instead of having some dealer rip me off!
Thanks man, I will have this in mind once I install it

Old June 8th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #19
Regular

2011 Mustang GT

No problem! And i may be stopping in Dubai in the next few months!
Old June 8th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #20
BHD
Want Camels?

Mustang GT 2013

No problem! And i may be stopping in Dubai in the next few months!
Then you look like you need some beer after deployment , let me know and we shall arrange something

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.