2013 brembos suck.
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:10 AM   #1
Potato

GottaHaveitGreen will become famous soon enoughGottaHaveitGreen will become famous soon enough

2013 brembos suck.

Am I the only one that thinks they suck? It's like stepping on a sponge. My 12 Camaro SS felt great.... They even went the extra mile to put them all the way around and not just two wheels.

I have owned many brembo brakes. These just suck. My last vette and Camaro felt great. Don't even get me started on these bullshit Pzero tires.

Two different tire brands, Wagner pads on brembo calipers, dewalt saws-all axle back delete, Billet aluminum shift knob..... that I ripped off from dealership.... That doesn't match my shift boot.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:32 AM   #2
Fear The Rain... Butt...?

2008 Shelby GT500

Rainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant future

There is no question that the PZeros are a fucking joke but the Brembos on Mustangs are pretty good in my opinion. 1000x better than the stock GT brakes (Coming from experience )

However if you don't like yours, just ship them to me. I'll make sure they are hit repeatedly with a large hammer while on fire and then used as boat anchors for the next hundred years. Or just put them on my GT/CS. Dunno yet.

Check out my build thread!
Originally Posted by Fluffy The Rhino View Post
My Mustang is louder than 3 semi trucks. Making love.
Originally Posted by southfour! View Post
Rainbow made him gay?

Wouldn't be the first time.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:47 AM   #3
Regular

HonkeyKong is on a distinguished road

No problems here, but i don't track my car either so maybe that's why i haven't noticed issues
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:10 AM   #4
BHD
Want Camels?

Mustang GT 2013

BHD has a spectacular aura aboutBHD has a spectacular aura aboutBHD has a spectacular aura about

Ofcourse they are not the best out there but ages better than the stock I had, the SS comes with rear Brembo also which is a bit better than what we have

Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:49 AM   #5
At the Apex pulling 1.28g

2009 Mustang GT
1/4 mile what?

Whiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to Whiskey11

Originally Posted by GottaHaveitGreen View Post
Am I the only one that thinks they suck? It's like stepping on a sponge. My 12 Camaro SS felt great.... They even went the extra mile to put them all the way around and not just two wheels.

I have owned many brembo brakes. These just suck. My last vette and Camaro felt great. Don't even get me started on these bullshit Pzero tires.
I know you are in "hate Ford for only doing 2 corners" mode but you should really understand WHY before you go off on a temper tantrum. You see, the Ford 8.8 rear diff uses C-Clip axles. C-Clip axles have some play in them. If you jack up the rear of the car you can pull the whole rear axle in and out a little bit. How much depends on how tight and new the rear diff is with it's clutch packs or if you have the Torsen, how tight the Torsen holds the C-Clips. That lateral movement in and out would result in horrible pad knockback on a fixed caliper like the Brembos when put on the rear. The only way to avoid that is to go with a caliper that moves with the axle during the loading placed on them. That means a floating caliper like we have, or a stupid complex system consisting of extremely expensive floating rotors with a fixed caliper that is on a movable plate to allow the caliper to move with the rotors, or both. That means $$$$$$$. There are a number of companies who make fixed caliper conversions for the rear and the rears are almost always about $2500, while the fronts are around $2000 or so. Wilwood comes to mind, but I believe Stop Tech and Griggs Racing also have fixed caliper rears.

Why does it NOT matter? Well it doesn't matter because almost all of your braking is done in the front of the car. Probably close to 80% of it, maybe more. The rear brakes are there to take some of the load but more importantly they provide better stability during heavy braking. And by better stability, I mean they allow the car to be able to be steered without going way out of control, under heavy braking.

How do you fix your spongy feeling in your Brembos? Keep in mind you are doubling the number of pistons (the math comes out to be less piston area than the floating calipers so brake bias is the same) and adding distance and more restrictions the fluid has to route through to apply brake pressure. The best way to get rid of some of the spongy feeling would be better brake lines that don't flex and some fresh fluid. The spongy feeling ultimately comes down to being a "part" of the system. The Brembo's for these cars were designed to work without changing out the master brake cylinder. That puts some serious compromises into the braking system. IIRC, the SS's that have the Brembo's have a different MC or the whole SS line has one suited better for the Brembo calipers.

Hopefully that helps.

PS: Your Mustang, with Brembos, would still walk your SS with Brembos on a road course!

20 October 2013 After Action Report:
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ustang-gt.html
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Potato

GottaHaveitGreen will become famous soon enoughGottaHaveitGreen will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Whiskey11 View Post
PS: Your Mustang, with Brembos, would still walk your SS with Brembos on a road course!
Lol no it doesn't, on an actual road course, my own experience the mustang will spin out @4k so fluttering the gas is a must and a time killer. HT shifting is awkward in this car too.

The mustang beats the breaks off Camaro on drift and drag course, that heavy tank does ok on a road course. I still like the mustang better.

The brakes suck plane and simple do to poor engineering, underpowered for the car. I drive a vert 13 gt as well with out the brakes and its defiantly better than regular brakes. It is still not what I have came to expect from brembo. The 2014 mustang is identical to the 13 besides the brembo if that says anything.

Two different tire brands, Wagner pads on brembo calipers, dewalt saws-all axle back delete, Billet aluminum shift knob..... that I ripped off from dealership.... That doesn't match my shift boot.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:55 AM   #7
Stew

2014 5.0

stewarts2008 will become famous soon enoughstewarts2008 will become famous soon enough

Dont we all think that everything on the stock 5.0 sucks? thats why we all spend thousands of extra dollars to make it better?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:07 PM   #8
At the Apex pulling 1.28g

2009 Mustang GT
1/4 mile what?

Whiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant futureWhiskey11 has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to Whiskey11

Originally Posted by GottaHaveitGreen View Post
Lol no it doesn't, on an actual road course, my own experience the mustang will spin out @4k so fluttering the gas is a must and a time killer. HT shifting is awkward in this car too.

The mustang beats the breaks off Camaro on drift and drag course, that heavy tank does ok on a road course. I still like the mustang better.

The brakes suck plane and simple do to poor engineering, underpowered for the car. I drive a vert 13 gt as well with out the brakes and its defiantly better than regular brakes. It is still not what I have came to expect from brembo. The 2014 mustang is identical to the 13 besides the brembo if that says anything.
What is your track driving experience? It sound to me like the Camaro is more tolerant of jumping on the throttle and is easier to drive than the Mustang, no surprise there from me. And I still doubt your Camaro is faster on a road course than the Mustang. The SS has been consistently slower in every review on a road course. It isn't until the 1LE and ZL1 that the Camaro really shines over the Mustang at the same trim level. Some of that is due to a wider tire footprint but most is to a design crew who gets how to setup a mixed track and street vehicle.

Do yourself a huge favor and swap the stock pads, lines, and fluid on those Brembos. Ford has traditionally put done seriously piss poor pads on these cars.

20 October 2013 After Action Report:
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ustang-gt.html
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:23 PM   #9
Regular

ponywars is on a distinguished road

SS brake lines will help big time,much less flex!!
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:45 PM   #10
Potato

I am sponsored by Amsoil, slick offroad, and 1.7 cleaning products. Racing pays for my car. I race both drag/drift and road course. I race Kansas, Missouri and Tulsa. Racing is not only my passion, it pays my bills. I have raced and owned the 08 mustang GT, it is by far one of my favorite cars..... this is my personal experience if other reviews say the mustang is better on a course, so be it, I personally get better times in a Camaro on a road course, and better drift and drag in a mustang. Just my .02 I still hated the 2012 SS Camaro and after 4 months, I got back into a mustang.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.