what rear tires if keeping stock front tires?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #1
Regular

2013 GT

ufc94champ is on a distinguished road

what rear tires if keeping stock front tires?

Rite now I have the AMR 18x8 wheels with the stock pirellis 235/50/18. I want to go wider in the rear and was thinking 275 if I buy 2 18x10 wheels.
1. Can I do 18x8 and 18x10?
2. What size tire in the back if I am keeping the 235/50 up front?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 30th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #2
Fear The Rain... Butt...?

2008 Shelby GT500

Rainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant futureRainbow has a brilliant future

1. Yes, you can run different size rims on the front and back. It just means that you can't rotate the tires diagonally anymore.

2. I'd do 285s personally on the back but you could go 295s or even 305s on 10" wide rims.

Check out my build thread!
Originally Posted by Fluffy The Rhino View Post
My Mustang is louder than 3 semi trucks. Making love.
Originally Posted by southfour! View Post
Rainbow made him gay?

Wouldn't be the first time.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Regular

2013 GT

ufc94champ is on a distinguished road

Ya I knew you could stagger but I didnt know if it was ok to go 2 sizes up lol. So what would look the best with a 235/50 up front though?
Old March 30th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #4
They call me Ralph!

2014 GT Premium

Marc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud of

Like Rainblow said- go with a 285 or 295.

I've got the stock size 255/40-19 Nitto Invos up front and a 285/35-19 out back. The main reason I went with the Invos is you can rotate side to side to promote even tire wear. Have no complaints with them, either.
3.73 Gears | A bunch of BMR & Koni Yellows
377 RWHP 349 Torques

WINNER ROTM MARCH 2014

Vote for your favorite azz!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.