maximum motorsports rollbar install
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM   #1
MM elder

2014 301a gt auto
getting there......

casper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond repute

maximum motorsports rollbar install

getting ready to install my rollbar this weekend/etc & thought I'd get a thread started to let you guys/gals follow how things go.

here's what I'll be installing,
Drag Race 6-point Mustang Roll Bar, standard door bars, fixed harness mount, 2005+ hardtop [Mm5RB-20] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

heres a shot of the rollbar in the box/packaging material, to say they box this part well is a serious understatement.

I'll update this thread as things go along with the install.

2012 300a GT A6......10.78 @ 124.........sold

2014 301a GT A6.............12.73 @ 112........d/r only
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2013, 02:15 PM   #2
'Murica

2010 Mustang GT

jdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to behold

Looks like a quality part. Interested to see after pictures of how much space/interior room is taken up.
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:23 PM   #3
MM elder

2014 301a gt auto
getting there......

casper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond reputecasper gt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdmpwr07 View Post
Looks like a quality part. Interested to see after pictures of how much space/interior room is taken up.
I don't think the space lost will be a complete disaster, but the rear seat will no longer be useable (not like anyone ever sat back there anyway).

I do like to drive this car with my left leg resting on the door so I guess that will take some getting used to.

Old August 1st, 2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Regular

kk_kalina will become famous soon enough

awesome are u gonna paint/powdercoat it or anything first?
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:26 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

11 Mustang GT
Track times coming soon.

manolith has a spectacular aura aboutmanolith has a spectacular aura aboutmanolith has a spectacular aura about

How much does it weigh? I am really interested on this. It looks like a pita to install but it should be worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Manny32V

instagram: fumaliche
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
1/4 mile? Well maybe.

xXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud ofxXFallout has much to be proud of

I could use one of those......

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
0-60mph 0.5 sec. And we have liftoff!
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM   #7
MM elder

2014 301a gt auto
getting there......

Originally Posted by manolith View Post
How much does it weigh? I am really interested on this. It looks like a pita to install but it should be worth it.
I haven't actually put it on a scale, but once it's out of the box & packing materials (yep those are 2 x 6's screwed to the bar to hold it in place in the box, lol) & with both the front & rear bars attached to the main hoop, it's not too bad to pick up, it does have some weight though, if I had to guess, maybe 70 lbs?

I did gut the entire back seat package tray area though to try & help a little (rsd, sound deadening, rear seat belts & child seat anchors, etc).

as to the install, it doesn't look too bad,
CJ’s upgrades our Gotta Have It Race Mustang’s safety with a Roll Bar. | CJ Pony Parts

Old August 1st, 2013, 11:47 PM   #8
Regular

2013 Mustang GT
N/A

NoSlo5oH is on a distinguished road

Does MM still require you to weld the rear tubes to the hoop in order to make the roll bar NHRA legal?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:05 AM   #9
Ford Master Tech

2012 5.0

Blazer707 has a spectacular aura aboutBlazer707 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by NoSlo5oH View Post
Does MM still require you to weld the rear tubes to the hoop in order to make the roll bar NHRA legal?
Yes I believe so, I installed mine a couple months ago and welded the rear tubes to the hoop.

I weighed all the bars minus the hardware and it was around 75#'s.

Install is very easy and with the EZ door bars removed and driving around you do not loose anything other then the rear seat function ability.

-Thomas

Paxton...Lund...E85...
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:13 AM   #10
MM elder

2014 301a gt auto
getting there......

Originally Posted by NoSlo5oH View Post
yep..........

Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:15 PM   #11
Hardcore Enthusiast

11 Mustang GT
Track times coming soon.

manolith has a spectacular aura aboutmanolith has a spectacular aura aboutmanolith has a spectacular aura about

So is better if you just ditch the rear seats and only gain like 35lbs with the extra safety equipment..

https://www.youtube.com/user/Manny32V

instagram: fumaliche
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:41 PM   #12
Ford Master Tech

2012 5.0

Originally Posted by manolith View Post
So is better if you just ditch the rear seats and only gain like 35lbs with the extra safety equipment..
There is most likely enough seat belts, rear seats, misc brackets and trim pieces to get damn near a wash with the cage going in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Paxton...Lund...E85...
Old August 2nd, 2013, 05:58 PM   #13
wbt
Banned

wbt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazer707 View Post
There is most likely enough seat belts, rear seats, misc brackets and trim pieces to get damn near a wash with the cage going in.

Not at 75lbs. for the roll bar. You may be able to knock 20lbs. off with the removal of existing stuff. Certainly not 75 or even 50 if you go with a chromeoly roll bar. It will always be a weight adder either way.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 06:46 PM   #14
Ford Master Tech

2012 5.0

Now im curious. Ill weigh everything out of the back this weekend.

Paxton...Lund...E85...
Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:03 PM   #15
The Beast

00 Mustang GT Vert/88 5.0

SSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond repute

Subbed

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
11.50@121.77@ 523RWHP
Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
Turbo build underway
BUILD THREAD http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...has-begun.html
http://<br /> Convertible Crew<br /...ible-crew.html
Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:22 PM   #16
MM elder

2014 301a gt auto
getting there......

little update from today.........

first, I wanted to do this in the driveway just so you guys can see that it can be done that way, lol.

getting ready

test fitting

all in all not too bad so far, I have everything fitted/etc ready to come back out & get welded & painted in the morning.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:23 PM   #17
Regular

kdanner will become famous soon enough

Damn, looked at this on the MM website. Unless it can be bought a lot cheaper somewhere other than direct, that thing costs significantly more than I paid Wolfe for chrome moly.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:28 PM   #18
MM elder

2014 301a gt auto
getting there......

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
Damn, looked at this on the MM website. Unless it can be bought a lot cheaper somewhere other than direct, that thing costs significantly more than I paid Wolfe for chrome moly.
I paid about the same as wolfe wanted (it was right around 800 shipped) but I have a phobia about floor mounting if I can avoid it so I went with this one.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:36 PM   #19
Ford Master Tech

2012 5.0

Yea I bought the MM roll bar for $799 shipped off ebay. The wolfe roll bar in mild steel with what I wanted came out to about $900 shipped.

Paxton...Lund...E85...
Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:36 PM   #20
'Murica

2010 Mustang GT

jdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to beholdjdmpwr07 is a splendid one to behold

Any plans on seats and steering wheel? Interesting to see how high it comes up. Safety is king though.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.