Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14) - Page 2
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:26 PM   #21
Regular

2013 GT Premium Auto

Race Red will become famous soon enough

thanks, was hoping I could use the one for both and not have to install the other antenna
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:51 PM   #22
They call me Ralph!

2014 GT Premium

Marc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud of

It has been my experience with other GPS antenna that you can mount them under a plastic dash panel under the windshield and get good results. You can also mount them under the parcel deck cover under the back window if you don't have tint on it. That way you don't see it at all.
3.73 Gears | A bunch of BMR & Koni Yellows
377 RWHP 349 Torques

WINNER ROTM MARCH 2014

Vote for your favorite azz!

Old October 4th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #23

Clevor1 is on a distinguished road

Is the HD screen definitely better in image quality than the OEM one? Has anybody directly compared to the stock screen?

Also I presume the backup camera cannot be configured with parking grid lines like the OEM one. Although I understand there is a provision for a 2nd camera so you could install one that does do this.
Old October 6th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #24
Look Ma! My First Post!

Stan is on a distinguished road

This is supposed to work with a 2010 Mustang with Snyc and a single CD player. But all 2010 Mustangs with Sync had a 6 CD changer. I want this for my 2010 but don't understand how it will work since the specs call for a factory option that did not exist. Can someone explain?
Old October 7th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #25
Regular

2014 Shelby GT500

Ranzo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Stan View Post
This is supposed to work with a 2010 Mustang with Snyc and a single CD player. But all 2010 Mustangs with Sync had a 6 CD changer. I want this for my 2010 but don't understand how it will work since the specs call for a factory option that did not exist. Can someone explain?
That is the exact same question I had. I have sync and also, obviously, a 6 cd player. It looks like I will have to buy a 2011 single disc player, install it, and then install this. I don't even know if that will work, if the wiring is the same. Hopefully someone can chime in as I can easily get the player from a wrecked 2011.
Old October 7th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #26
They call me Ralph!

2014 GT Premium

Marc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud ofMarc has much to be proud of

You would need the audio control module (radio), display and the as-built files for the 2011+. All of the harnesses should be the same.
377 RWHP 349 Torques

WINNER ROTM MARCH 2014

Old October 8th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #27
Boost Freak

2012 Mustang GT
10.35@134.03

Scuba-Matt is on a distinguished road

Is this Raxiom kit just a repackaged Rosen kit? Or is it different?

2012 TVS Super Charged Mustang GT
10.35 @ 134 MPH

Last edited by Scuba-Matt; October 8th, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #28
Authorized Vendor

2004 Mach 1 - 2011 GT

AMDanBailer is just really niceAMDanBailer is just really niceAMDanBailer is just really niceAMDanBailer is just really niceAMDanBailer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Clevor1 View Post
Is the HD screen definitely better in image quality than the OEM one? Has anybody directly compared to the stock screen?

Also I presume the backup camera cannot be configured with parking grid lines like the OEM one. Although I understand there is a provision for a 2nd camera so you could install one that does do this.
I've never compared the two items next to each other. Both screens are great, the stock screen is a little bit larger but this Raxiom nav is really sharp and super clear!

Hope this helps!

-Dan

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Originally Posted by Ranzo View Post
That is the exact same question I had. I have sync and also, obviously, a 6 cd player. It looks like I will have to buy a 2011 single disc player, install it, and then install this. I don't even know if that will work, if the wiring is the same. Hopefully someone can chime in as I can easily get the player from a wrecked 2011.
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
You would need the audio control module (radio), display and the as-built files for the 2011+. All of the harnesses should be the same.
^ Marc is correct. From what we understand you'll need to get your hands on a single disc CD player out of a 2011+ and swap the 6-disc out. Everything else should be the same. For the 2011+ guys this is a direct swap, the 2010 guys can use this item but they have to have a single disc CD player.

I hope this clears things up!

-Dan
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #29
They call me Ralph!

2014 GT Premium

The factory two line screen is different as well. For those that would line to do this in a 2010 with a 6 disc changer, you need the radio and screen from a 2011+ car, plus your Ford dealer will need to program the radio and screen like its in a 2011+ car using as-built data from that car, NOT YOURS! This can be done, if you know who to talk to. PM me for details if you need them.
377 RWHP 349 Torques

WINNER ROTM MARCH 2014

Old October 8th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #30
It'll be bout tree fiddy

11 GT Premium
8.39 Spinning through 2nd gear in the 1/8

GT350pwns is a jewel in the roughGT350pwns is a jewel in the roughGT350pwns is a jewel in the roughGT350pwns is a jewel in the rough

Does tint interfere with the GPS reception? my whole windshield is tinted..
Old October 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #31
The Stig.

2013 Mustang GT
12.0 @ 116

SunnyD will become famous soon enough

If I didn't have the factory nav I would be all over this, very beautiful system!

Ground Control Coilovers 550f/250r
BMR Adj. PHB, UCA, Mount, LCA's and Relo.
Heartthrob Muffler Delete
Custom Bama Tune
MGW
Old October 8th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #32
SlowFiveOh

2013 Mustang GT
11.88 @ 113

Supra has a spectacular aura aboutSupra has a spectacular aura aboutSupra has a spectacular aura about

Will be picking this up sometime in the future
Old October 8th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #33
They call me Ralph!

2014 GT Premium

Originally Posted by GT350pwns View Post
Metallic tints, yes. But it is not so bad it can't get a good signal.
377 RWHP 349 Torques

WINNER ROTM MARCH 2014

Old October 8th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #34
Boost Freak

2012 Mustang GT
10.35@134.03

Scuba-Matt is on a distinguished road

Still waiting to an answer to post #27

2012 TVS Super Charged Mustang GT
10.35 @ 134 MPH
Old October 9th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #35
They call me Ralph!

2014 GT Premium

Yes, Matt, it is. Unless the Rosen one is a rebranded something else and Raxium is getting it from them as well.
377 RWHP 349 Torques

WINNER ROTM MARCH 2014

Old October 9th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #36
It'll be bout tree fiddy

11 GT Premium
8.39 Spinning through 2nd gear in the 1/8

GT350pwns is a jewel in the roughGT350pwns is a jewel in the roughGT350pwns is a jewel in the roughGT350pwns is a jewel in the rough

Mine is metallic. It's been interfering with the speed camera GPS on my rear view mirror mounted radar detector. Probably just going to get a wire and move the receiver down to a lower portion of the windshield if I can find a good spot to kinda keep it hidden.

Glad to know it won't completely screwed up reception
Old October 9th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #37

2011 mustang GT
12.4@115

Austin_B is on a distinguished road

I already have a backup camera on my 2010 that comes with the camera wing spoiler. Would I be able to keep that camera and wire it to this screen or mount this camera to the same location?

I've got the same deal but mine is a 2011
Old October 15th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #38
Authorized Vendor

2004 Mach 1 - 2011 GT

AMDanBailer is just really niceAMDanBailer is just really niceAMDanBailer is just really niceAMDanBailer is just really niceAMDanBailer is just really nice

Originally Posted by GT350pwns View Post
I guess it depends on the kind of tint you have. I mounted my GPS Antenna on the deck lid above the rear seat (inside the car) & my windows are tinted. I haven't had any connection issues or anything along those lines! Worst case, you can mount the GPS Antenna outside of the car somewhere.

I hope this helps!

-Dan

Originally Posted by Supra View Post
Will be picking this up sometime in the future
Awesome! You're going to love it. Hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

Originally Posted by Austin_B View Post
I already have a backup camera on my 2010 that comes with the camera wing spoiler. Would I be able to keep that camera and wire it to this screen or mount this camera to the same location?

I've got the same deal but mine is a 2011
Yes, you can do that. You'll have to hard wire your stock back up camera into the supplied back up camera lines for the Navigation! If you do this, you'll be able to use both cameras.

Hope this helps!

-Dan

Originally Posted by Scuba-Matt View Post
Is this Raxiom kit just a repackaged Rosen kit? Or is it different?
Amazon.com: CarShow by Rosen CS-MUST10-US 2010-14 OE-Look Ford Mustang Navigation System: Amazon Warehouse Deals
Yes, Rosen is the manufacturer of this Navigation. Raxiom worked really hard to source a very well made navigation system with great factory fit and finish. Rosen did a really good job with this Navigation, so Raxiom worked a deal to bring it to the Mustang community! One of the great perks of buying this Nav from Raxiom is the fact that Raxiom offers a 2-Year warranty, compared to the manufacturers 1-year warranty.

Hope this clears things up!

-Dan
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Last edited by AMDanBailer; October 16th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old October 16th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #39
Authorized Vendor

2004 Mach 1 - 2011 GT

Hey guys,

I wanted to clear up a few things about this new Navigation. We're really excited to bring this to the Mustang Community. It's awesome on my personal 2011 GT and we've been playing with it for a few months on our 2014 GT.

Raxiom has been working with Rosen to bring this to the Mustang world and be able to offer a 2-year warranty (instead of 1 year) and same-day shipping. Obviously, we wanted to show the factory quality and fit/finish. The huge benefit with this is that we stand behind Raxiom products and will bend-over backwards to make sure that you guys get taken care of.

We've spent alot of time testing this Nav. and making sure that it came with the right ease of installation, fitment and look/feel of a factory unit. Rosen knocked it out of the park and with Raxiom's help, alot of Mustang owners are now getting to add an option they wish their Mustang came with for thousands cheaper!

As for price matching, hit me up directly because we typically don't match Amazon. That deal on Amazon probably isn't going to last forever, but we obviously want to keep you guys happy as customers. Between the 6% discount that we have offered our friends here at Modded for years or price-matching, we'll always be the same price or cheaper than our competitors. With that, we'll try to always bring you better service!

Let me know if you guys have any other questions at all!

Dan
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old October 16th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #40
They call me Ralph!

2014 GT Premium

Dan- any chance of seeing some of the Sirius and iPod screens? Also- is that half moon cutout on the right side buttons there or just in the pics? And what is that for?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
377 RWHP 349 Torques

WINNER ROTM MARCH 2014

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.