car stalls after header install
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 14th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Regular

Jason2833 is on a distinguished road

car stalls after header install

heyy guys i got a 2013 gt and i installed jba long tubes and after the install the car stalls at stop lights once in a while and if it doesn't sometimes the car's idle sputters up and down. i did NOT use 02 sensor extensions. i asked AED if he retunes it after headers he said no he doesn't change any fuel parameters or nothing. I had it dynoed and i gained 24 hp I'm at 422hp 375tq. what do you guys think?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #2
Rock out with my Mach out

03 Mach 1/93 5.0 LX Hatch

Torched03Mach has a spectacular aura aboutTorched03Mach has a spectacular aura aboutTorched03Mach has a spectacular aura about

I had to have a new tune written for my car after I did my longtubes due to moving the o2 sensors farther back, it didn't want to run right until after it warmed up. I'd say that may be a little bit/if not all of your problem.
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #3
Regular

yeah thats what i thought. iv been looking at my air fuel and its been all over the place. just figure i would ask here first.
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #4

Torched03Mach has a spectacular aura aboutTorched03Mach has a spectacular aura aboutTorched03Mach has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jason2833 View Post
yeah thats what i thought. iv been looking at my air fuel and its been all over the place. just figure i would ask here first.
It can definitely cause some issues, this is a good place to ask! lol
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #5
Regular

haha thanks appreciate it.
Old November 14th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #6
Boss 302

2012 PW Boss 302

nosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nice

If Shaun tuned the car, I would just datalog again and send them too him, ask him too look it over.

2K to 5K half throttle then park and idle for 5 mins.

2K to redline full throttle in 3rd or 4th.
2012 Performance White Boss 302 #1048
Old November 14th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #7
Regular

yeah i am he just emailed me saying its from the shitty o2 sensor placement
Old November 14th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #8
Enthusiast

2011 Mustang GT premium

scottmach is on a distinguished road

Shaun is correct about those O2 placements being the problem. And longtube headers do not require a new tune revision.
ARH 1 7/8 Longtubes/off road x-pipe, Kooks catback, BMR lowering springs, BMR lower control arms, BMR relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar, Weld RT-S wheels with Hoosier fronts and M/T rears, VMP tune
Old November 14th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #9

Originally Posted by scottmach View Post
Shaun is correct about those O2 placements being the problem. And longtube headers do not require a new tune revision.
It's not "needed" but the problem can be fixed by revising the tune.
Old November 14th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #10
Enthusiast

2011 Mustang GT premium

scottmach is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Torched03Mach View Post
It's not "needed" but the problem can be fixed by revising the tune.
Correct but typically a retune is not needed on these cars for longtubes. On your Mach 1 yes it was definitely necessary.
ARH 1 7/8 Longtubes/off road x-pipe, Kooks catback, BMR lowering springs, BMR lower control arms, BMR relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar, Weld RT-S wheels with Hoosier fronts and M/T rears, VMP tune
Old November 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #11
SlowFiveOh

2013 Mustang GT
11.88 @ 113

Supra has a spectacular aura aboutSupra has a spectacular aura aboutSupra has a spectacular aura about

My car is literally "un-driveable" if it's 35 degree's, or colder. At a stop the idle will surge for a few seconds, then stall.

During the summer months it was fine though. Between the sensor failures, and stalling I almost wish I had just gone with Kooks shorties. Or left the stock manifolds on :/
Old November 14th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #12
Regular

oh my car is drivable. to me if it stalls once in a while and its no harm idc. the sound its freaking awesome!!!! well worth it
Old November 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #13
Enthusiast

2013 GT

Nuar has a spectacular aura aboutNuar has a spectacular aura about

After I installed the longtubes on my car, I was runing a bama tune. I wasnt too satisfied with that tune and I went to AED.
Shaun sent me his initial tune and the car stalled when I was at a red light or stuck in some traffic. I mentioned that to him and after he got my datalogs, he sent me the revised final tune. I haven't had a single issue since

Just work with Shaun on this a little bit and you will get it straightened out very quickly.
Old November 15th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #14

2012 Mustang GT

bluestang50 is on a distinguished road

Jason are you making 422 with only a tune and long tubes or do you have some other parts?
Old November 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #15
Regular

hah no got boss manifold jlt intake off road x accel coils

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

i think I'm making a little more power then 422 because we dynoed in 4th gear. every time we did it in 5th it would read wrong and very low so i just did it in 4th to compare it to stock manifold. stock manifold i made 398
Old November 15th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #16
Regular

2012coyote is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Supra View Post
My car is literally "un-driveable" if it's 35 degree's, or colder. At a stop the idle will surge for a few seconds, then stall.

During the summer months it was fine though. Between the sensor failures, and stalling I almost wish I had just gone with Kooks shorties. Or left the stock manifolds on :/
Any body else have issues in the cold with there long tubes ? I was just about to pull the trigger until I saw this , I dd mine and it gets in the teens some times in jersey mornings
Old November 15th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #17
Regular

I'm pretty sure with some data logging it can be fixed. the sound along from long tubes are freaking insane DO IT u will love it!!!
Old November 18th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #18
Regular

kk_kalina will become famous soon enough

not to thread jack but i have this issue running stock headers and lethal o/r h pipe, my tune is by brenspeed idk what to do about it
Old November 18th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #19
Boss 302

2012 PW Boss 302

nosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nice

Originally Posted by kk_kalina View Post
not to thread jack but i have this issue running stock headers and lethal o/r h pipe, my tune is by brenspeed idk what to do about it
What kind of issue? I ran the same with AED and it was fantastic.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
2012 Performance White Boss 302 #1048
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #20
Regular

last time it stalled i watched the air fuel since i have a 13 with track apps. when it idles normal the afr are solid on 13.9-14.1 when it starts to stutter the idle drops it will catch the first time it go down to 12 ish then catch itself and go back up to 15. when it dies it would go in the low 12s 11 and die. i think it just floods itself out and dies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.