Does anyone make a spacer for the steering wheel?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 2011 - 2014

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 28th, 2014, 09:03 AM   #1

THE BIG SITT is on a distinguished road

Does anyone make a spacer for the steering wheel?

I don't currently own a S197, but I am concerned about them not having a telescoping steering wheel. I have the wheel all the way out in my current car, and I still feel like it could use to be out a little further. Does anyone make a spacer to bring the wheel a little closer to you without having to scoot the seat up?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2014, 10:14 AM   #2
Zip's half naked helper

2014 GT Premium

Marc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant future

Not without effecting the crash rating and the airbag's ability to do its job. Take it from me and my personal experience- don't mess with that.

That was a dead hit to the side of an explorer at 60. I basically walked away.
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:36 AM   #3

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Not without effecting the crash rating and the airbag's ability to do its job. Take it from me and my personal experience- don't mess with that.

Damn... poor car but glad you were ok. Obviously it is hard to say and easier to just go sit in one (but then you have to go to the dealer and play all their games), but do you find you have a harder time reaching the pedals or the wheel? I don't want a gangsta lean, and I probably tend to like my wheel a little closer than most, but I have short arms and legs for a guy who is 5'10".
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #4
Regular

2012 Mustang GT/CS

Darrinm03 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Marc View Post

That shit'll buff out
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Darrinm03 View Post
That shit'll buff out
Looks like he'll have to replace the gas door though; crying shame.
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #6
Enthusiast

2007 Mustang GT

AR Stang is a jewel in the roughAR Stang is a jewel in the roughAR Stang is a jewel in the rough

Man I am 5'10" too and my seat is the farthest position back. I have no trouble reaching the wheel still or operating the pedals safely and easily. I will move the seat forward if I know I am gonna do some fun driving but normally it is in comfort mode.

2007 Ford Mustang GT
2004 Comp Orange SVT focus- Sold
2000 Ford Focus- Sold
Old March 28th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #7
Regular

2010 Mustang GT Premium
0.01 @ ∞mph

hayden55 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by THE BIG SITT View Post
I don't currently own a S197, but I am concerned about them not having a telescoping steering wheel. I have the wheel all the way out in my current car, and I still feel like it could use to be out a little further. Does anyone make a spacer to bring the wheel a little closer to you without having to scoot the seat up?
Ha, i wish too! Im tired of pushing my seat up like a midget. The infiniti i was looking at, at the same time i was looking at my car, the entire gauge cluster/wheel move up down and out all together! Jelly.....
19x9.5s on 285s & a bama tune to top it off.

Follow me on "the Instagram"@haydenjoyce1
Old March 28th, 2014, 02:29 PM   #8
Boss 302

2012 PW Boss 302

nosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nice

If anything this car was built for taller people. I stand 5'6" and got a clutch pedal extension just to be able to push the clutch in and sit further from the wheel. I have zero idea how some of these girls I've seen at 5'2" drive manuals versions of these cars. Must have their boobs pressed tight into the steering wheel.

I had to basically sit on top of the steering wheel to push the clutch in all the way.

Felt the same way with my uncles 04 350Z, the 2011 370Z I test drove in 2011, etc.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Old March 28th, 2014, 02:29 PM   #9

Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
Ha, i wish too! Im tired of pushing my seat up like a midget. The infiniti i was looking at, at the same time i was looking at my car, the entire gauge cluster/wheel move up down and out all together! Jelly.....
I bet that Infiniti couldn't muster a 0-60 in under 5 seconds though...
Old March 28th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #10
Almost banned..

14 301A ignot

Razgriz 5.0 is on a distinguished road

if im 5'7 driving the damn GT with recaro you can live with it lol, someone out there always has it worse than you, its a big drag and every review(er) made it widely known before you bought the car.
-- its brutally obvious as well even just as you get in to drive the car for first time, sadly Ford snoozed..

every car has SOMETHING unfavorable that cant be realistically messed with too much or changed. cant be too pickey here can we?
Old March 28th, 2014, 09:02 PM   #11
Regular

2013 Mustang Gt

mackdog2008 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
If anything this car was built for taller people. I stand 5'6" and got a clutch pedal extension just to be able to push the clutch in and sit further from the wheel. I have zero idea how some of these girls I've seen at 5'2" drive manuals versions of these cars. Must have their boobs pressed tight into the steering wheel.

I had to basically sit on top of the steering wheel to push the clutch in all the way.

Felt the same way with my uncles 04 350Z, the 2011 370Z I test drove in 2011, etc.

Where did you get an extension from?
Old March 28th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #12
'Murica

2010 Mustang GT

jdmpwr07 is a name known to alljdmpwr07 is a name known to alljdmpwr07 is a name known to alljdmpwr07 is a name known to alljdmpwr07 is a name known to alljdmpwr07 is a name known to all

I'm short and no problems the reaching clutch or steering wheel.
Old March 28th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #13
Just call me D

2013 GT A6

2K13GT is on a distinguished road

5'10 here and no issues.

Wife is 5'4 and she doesn't have any issues either.
Old March 29th, 2014, 12:27 AM   #14
Boss 302

2012 PW Boss 302

nosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nicenosympathy is just really nice

Originally Posted by mackdog2008 View Post
Where did you get an extension from?

http://www.bondraperformanceengineering.com

Originally Posted by jdmpwr07 View Post
I'm short and no problems the reaching clutch or steering wheel.
Its not that I can't reach it, but now I can sit very far back from the wheel. Before I had to pull the seat close to the steering wheel.

I sit as far back as guys who are 6 foot do now while I am 5'6".

Makes getting into and out of the car easier.

Old March 29th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #15
Regular

2010 Mustang GT Premium
0.01 @ ∞mph

hayden55 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I know what you mean, back when i was in middle school i was like 5'2ish when my dad got his 08gt, and the hood was so tall it was hard to see over, i had to push the seat all the way up. Now that im 6'4 though its a different story...
19x9.5s on 285s & a bama tune to top it off.

Follow me on "the Instagram"@haydenjoyce1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.