Modded Mustang Forums banner

The struggle is real!

8K views 123 replies 27 participants last post by  gray5.0 
#1 ·
These new GT350s are killing me! I'm trying to decide if I want to get one. When I see pictures, or hear them I love them. Very rarely do I see a mustang, and think, I need that.

I have a CPR turbo kit on order, and forgestar wheels should be here very soon. I absolutely love my car, and in zero way am I wanting to get rid of it. But the only realistic car I would trade mine in for, would be a GT350. Very little known about them, we know it's a 5.2 FPC making over 500hp and 400ftlb, 6 speed tremec 3160, and it's a handling beast. What I loved about the coyotes is the mean powerband. Who knows how the Voodoo motor will be? Will it be a peaky powerband or a powerband similar to the boss/coyote motors?

The one thing I do know, if I do turbo my car, I'll be doing a magnum over the winter. Add that plus a new set of gears, around $5500. And who's to say the motor will last. Never know. I feel confident it will, but like I said, never know.

Anyways, between all the parts I have, everyrhing on the car now, plus the turbo/forgestars and money I have saved, I could put down $15,000 on one, probably more. If the price is correcg, $52,995 plus I'd have to get the technology package. It would be pretty similar payments as to what I'm making. To try and avoid dealer markups, I'd go to a few different dealers and have them build and price one and figure out who has the best deal. The car would have to have 2 things, in dash touchscreen nav, and recaros.

I know obviously, it's my decision, but some opinions never hurt! I know this is an R model, but most likely the color I would get

See less See more
#2 ·
I heard from a high end Dealer Principal that all of the 2015's are pre sold even though they have no such order yet and that a 8-10k markup is a real possibility

#3 ·
I wouldn't get a 15 model. I wouldn't even be able too lol. I figure, hopefully a couple shops get a hold of one, they'll have dynos so we can see the curve, weight, track times etc...

That's another thing, yes I'll be going to the drag strip with one. But, I've been really wanting to get into road racing.

#6 ·
Again, I'm not getting a '15 model. The 15s are limited to 137

#7 ·
Those numbers are for 2015 models. 2016s will be normal production.

And my dealer is confirmed to be getting a 2015 with the tech package. I may or may not also be doing some upgrades before it hits the showroom floor. :shiftyeyes

#8 ·
Are you thinking about getting one too? I'm so up in the air right now. Leaning towards just putting the turbo on, getting it tuned and seeing how I feel after that.

But I have a big feeling, once they hit dealers I'll want one.

Marc, you probably know. Since the 350s will be a special production vehicle, can I go to a dealer and have them build me one? There's a few specific things I do want, and I don't want.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

I think, if I do. I would get the Technology package (67T). And get the Recaro seats (A9) which are Black with red accents. Then a black stripe on it.

#10 ·
Yes, you can order one from a dealer. You'll likely need a nice deposit, then work with the new car sales manager usually and order it. I ordered my blue car, and several times a month we get one in labelled Retail, which means it was a special order.

I don't know if I want one or not. I'm waiting to "play" with ours first, and drive it.

#11 ·
Okay got ya. Well that's probably best situation for me
Give me time to sell all my parts and put a lot down. Like I said, I'll probably have around $15k to put down. IF I do decide I'm getting one.

#12 ·
What Forgestars did you end up getting? I saw you post on Facebook.

I say put the turbo on and see how you feel. 700whp is going to be a lot of fun in that car, but I can see where you're coming from on wanting the GT350. Definitely won't be seeing a ton of them around.

#13 ·
I went with 19x9 and 19x11 CF10s.

And yeah, that's sort of what I'm leaning towards right now. Put the turbo on, go from there

#14 ·
Have you got your own place shaun?

Only reason I ask is because I've been trying to get in to a place of my own as of late, but the money I still owe on the car is affecting how much I can get approved for. I'm starting to wish I had kept my Mach 1 which was completely paid off :facepalm:

GT350 would be awesome, no doubt. Just something to think about and/or keep in mind

#15 ·
I dont, not yet. I can't afford it out here regardless. I have a feeling I'll be relocating to Michigan for a job. Making more money, cheaper living. I can't swing it out here, it's to expensive especially for a single income

#17 ·
It won't be that high of a markup. Maybe $10k on the R models.

A couple of dealers around me at the time had no markups on Boss or GT500s. I'm expecting there will be some mark up though

#18 ·
My friend that is a DP said he has one that is guaranteed through his rep for Florida and one in Georgia, he said he is putting $10-18,000 on each one this year then from what he has been told still going to be limited next year until later in 16' at least. Even so he plans to keep at $8-10 over invoice into late 16'!

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

He owns 25 dealerships of which 7 are ford with 30 and 60 day supply.

#19 ·
I call first chance on all your aftermarket parts man.

I may be willing to take quite a bit of your aftermarket stuff off your hands.

#21 ·
Lol! That works, I'll have a **** ton for sale.

Forgestars will look good on either car:)

We "may" get lucky and get a 15. Don't know yet. MGW and us have the first GT350 and 350R spoken for at the biggest dealer in NC. Hopefully they get allotted a couple.
Sick! Please keep us posted.

I like that the 15s are coming out. Gives the aftermarket time to make stuff for them, exhaust, intake, tune, shifters, suspensions etc... so if I did get a '16, stuff would be available.

#23 ·
Killer! Definitely look forward to seeing some updates

#24 ·
Shaun, since Jason has given us the low down on where the car will be at all times....if you buy a bolt cutter for the locks we might can get you a cheap 15......

#26 ·
lol, sounds legit. Sorry jason.

I'm over like. 5.2 voodoo swap or full 5.0 build. Sigh.
Your car is already violent. I'd just build yours.

The voodoo motor is probably going to be like $15k if I had to guess.

Think I'll take a trip to the dealer this weekend, talk go them. See if we can name a deal at msrp. If all goes well, I'll put a deposit down

#27 ·
That's a tough choice Shaun, I would continue on with your build though. I would wait and see what the 5.2 can do and what it holds up to. I mean a FPC of this size has never been done before and Ford found a way to do it so the technology is probably pretty new. According to Jason the owner of DOB who has a friend inside, the car has been optimized to prevent harsh vibrations from the crank so changing things will make the car more susceptible to experience these vibrations. So far he has been correct about 97% of the stuff when it comes to this car so I am curious to see how well the aftermarket items play out.

I would build a 3.700 bore coyote and have some fun that way. I'm still not convinced that this engine is made for FI. It will probably have a high compression ratio and were specd for NA use and have you seen the Pistons? I know their forged and everything I am saying is all hogwash until this comes out and numbers are released but I really don't know how boost friendly this motor will be.

#28 ·
I agree, I'm itching to get the turbo on my car. I have a feeling that may change my mind. But, still feels like a long way away til the kit is done.

I wouldn't boost the voodoo motor. I don't think it'll hold up, who knows though. Piston skirts are alittle weary.

I'd love to bolt on a few parts to the 350, headers, x pipe, catback, intake and tune and make close to if not more than 500rwhp na. Would make for a really fun car, especially around a track.

#29 ·
So I emailed and or called 15 dealers today. Waiting on a few replys, a few said yes we're getting them, but I have to speak to a manager before taking a deposit. So I'll find out more monday.

One in particular, is a bigger name ford dealership. Talked to him, he said they'll be getting 3 2016 models.

He said for a $5000 deposit, I'll secure my name on the list and be number 1. What do you guys think? I really don't know much about how this stuff gods lol. How should I go about it? I'm willing to pay alittle above msrp, but not a whole lot. Not killing myself over it. I asked him about markups, since he doesn't know about price yet, they can't say. But I have a feeling, there will be.

#32 ·
Talk to Galloping Ford on svtp or s197 his family's dealership is getting 5 GT350's and 1 GT350R across the 2 stores for 2016 but Ford hasn't told them if they are getting any 2015's. Most of the dealerships around his area are going to be asking 20-25k more but he said they haven't set a price but they wouldn't be anywhere near that price.

#30 ·
There are always markups for cars like this. At least at first. For the people that spend the extra, it means they have the ability to say they were the first. For me, it's not worth it. When I was ordering my blue car, I could have ordered a Boss 302. One of the reasons I didn't was because the sales manager wanted to charge me sticker plus $5000. I told him I'm not paying anywhere close to sticker, and keeping the extra he wants. We know what I ended up getting.

Point is, if you think about what that money is for, I'd skip being first.

If you don't know what that money is for yet, it's to add to the dealer's profit. That's it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.