Modded Mustang Forums banner

AM's Raxiom Navigation sucks.

12K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  Nathan Kindle 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered my Raxiom Navigation over a year ago. Months within installing it, my first one started failing on a daily basis.

They (AM) told me it was due to the Nav's overheating protection being faulty.

So AM was awesome about sending me a replacement and then allowing me to install it, and ship the old one back. That fixed my problem for a little while (probably because the weather was cooler at that time)...Until summer rolls around.

In California our summers can get pretty warm. It seems that any time we get our warm days (usually summer), my Navigation screen goes black and I have to disconnect my battery and reconnect it to reset the "overheating protection" or whatever on my already replaced navigation.

So in other words, on our nice warm sunny days, my navigation doesn't work. What a load of crap.

I'm not sure I'd ever order another raxiom nav or recommend one. It is embarrassing when your with friends and your nav doesn't come on and you have to pop the hood...

Edit, here's a video of my car on and the nav not working:(Might want to mute your speakers. Sorry)

See less See more
#5 ·
If 100*-110* isn't considered hot, then I think you are pretty crazy lol. We hit those temps regularly during summer, and hit about 80* during winter.

I'm not sticking up for Raxiom but, have you called AM back up on the new unit? It's got a 2 year warranty so should be covered. You also might want to PM one of the AM guys here on the forum. They actually get stuff done and fast.
I went through the process once before. I'm not sure it's going to make a difference.

I've read a ton of mixed opinions & experiences with those head units. And I didn't buy one for that reason.
Its awesome when it works (even though the navigation sucks and sends you weird ways), but its still nice to have.

#4 ·
I've read a ton of mixed opinions & experiences with those head units. And I didn't buy one for that reason.

#7 ·
I ordered my Raxiom Navigation over a year ago. Months within installing it, my first one started failing on a daily basis.

They (AM) told me it was due to the Nav's overheating protection being faulty.

So AM was awesome about sending me a replacement and then allowing me to install it, and ship the old one back. That fixed my problem for a little while (probably because the weather was cooler at that time)...Until summer rolls around.

In California our summers can get pretty warm. It seems that any time we get our warm days (usually summer), my Navigation screen goes black and I have to disconnect my battery and reconnect it to reset the "overheating protection" or whatever on my already replaced navigation.

So in other words, on our nice warm sunny days, my navigation doesn't work. What a load of crap.

I'm not sure I'd ever order another raxiom nav or recommend one. It is embarrassing when your with friends and your nav doesn't come on and you have to pop the hood...

Edit, here's a video of my car on and the nav not working:(Might want to mute your speakers. Sorry)

raxiom not working - YouTube
Hey solid,

First of all, I wanted to personally apologize about the trouble.

It's definitely not what I like to hear, but I am confident that we can get you all setup.

I just got in contact with my guys over at Raxiom and demanded a solution. Luckily, my demands were answered in about thirty seconds and it's easier than we both originally thought.

What my guys told you originally, was correct- the screen was going into fail-safe mode and shutting off and we originally thought that the units had bad sensors but it turned out to be the firmware.

The new firmware does not have this problem and your screen will not shut off no matter how hot it is. On top of that, you don't even have to rip apart your dash as the firmware will show up at your door in the form of an SD card to replace your current.

I will have the new firmware shipped as soon as I get your address, and I will also send you a $100 AM gift card on me for your inconvenience.

Looking forward to hearing from you and I promise we'll get you smiling again!

-Will

#10 ·
It's great that American Muscle is taking care of you and they have good customer service. I would have either gone with a good dash kit, and aftermarket radio with built in navigation to avoid this though. Even when choosing dash kits, there are some better than others.

#11 ·
None of the dash kits I've seen come close to looking as nice (that I seen when shopping), and the ones that look decent have buttons in odd positions. Those were a few other reasons why I went with the Raxiom Nav. It was the cleanest looking one.

#19 ·
I just got the tracking number last night. FedEx says it should be here tomorrow. Hoping it does!

I won't know until we get some hots days (which might be next week if temps keep climbing.) If the unit works good after the update, and nothing catastrophic happens, I'll update my thread title at least to 'AMs Raxiom Navigation' (minus the sucks)

#20 ·
I came home surprised to see the package actually showed up today. (Well the SD cards from Rosin.)

Maybe I'm just tired from work, but I followed the instructions Raxiom/Rosin provided in the package and my unit does not go into update mode. I tried about 10 times. I will follow up with an email to Rosin tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions. No luck so far.

#21 ·
How do those of us that have already had this unit get the update? And how can I get my Sirius XM ID number?

#28 ·
Any update on my questions? Not trying to thread jack but if there's an update available...

#22 ·
Just an update on the thread...

- No AM Gift card was sent my way...

- Nav hasn't been able to update, this was Rosin (the nav manufacturer) response:

you may have a bad nav card if so you would need to buy a new one
They've sent me an order form to fill out... Requesting credit card information. Wtf?

Attachments

#25 ·
Just an update on the thread...

- No AM Gift card was sent my way...

- Nav hasn't been able to update, this was Rosin (the nav manufacturer) response:

They've sent me an order form to fill out... Requesting credit card information. Wtf?

My response:

What do you mean I have to order an SD Card? You sent me this SD Card a week ago in the mail. Now you're saying I need to buy one? This was the tracking #: {removed}

This update was supposed to fix the bad firmware in my navigation. Can I update this without having to 'order' another (possible faulty) SD Card?

Jordan
Hey Solid,

Thanks for the update and in regards to the Gift card, it's been sent out and should be in your mailbox any day now!

In regards to the GPS, It looks like whoever you talked to on the phone was not too familiar with what is going on and I apologize.

Keep your phone close to you, I have someone from reaching out to you ASAP that will get this fixed.

Hang tight!

-Will

#23 ·
My response:

What do you mean I have to order an SD Card? You sent me this SD Card a week ago in the mail. Now you're saying I need to buy one? This was the tracking #: {removed}

This update was supposed to fix the bad firmware in my navigation. Can I update this without having to 'order' another (possible faulty) SD Card?

Jordan

#26 ·
Hey Will,

I sent an email to TechSupport@Rosin with additional details about the situation and I'm waiting to hear their response. Hopefully we can get this squared away....

#30 ·
Just an update...

AM's nice present came in the mail today. Thanks Will!

Rosen hasn't really done much but tell me to check my sd card slot, blow in it (lol), and possibly blame my wire harness. Last week they asked for me to video record what the issue is. I don't know how much more clear I can be with them, so I video recorded me trying to update the nav onto Youtube, then I sent them the link. That was last Friday and I have not heard from them since.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Just for fun, here's the Youtube video I made for Rosen:

#33 ·
Don't know if this will work but I went on the Rosen site and found this.
http://tinyurl.com/qxm66mf - page 41
Although it doesn't directly apply to your problem and it may not be your exact unit it does state that to get into the calibration screen you hit "NAV" immediately after the self-test completes.
I'd give that a try and if that doesn't work, start again and press a different button.
What sucks is the lack of support you're getting from Rosen.
I had intentions of putting one of these in this summer but now I'm having second thoughts.
Hopefully you get this resolved soon.
Good luck.

#34 ·
Pull it out, return it, and get a navi deck with a METRA dash kit. You won't regret it and you won't have anymore issues.

#37 ·
Yeah, I checked my inbox and spam for any keywords related to 'rosen' and I also searched for their email address in my spam and inbox. The only emails that came up are the ones I've responded to.

I am doubting they sent me an email...

#38 ·
I can dig that then. If they have your contact information then I fail to see why they wouldn't call you or try another means of reaching out if they didn't receive a response after two e-mails. Sounds like their tech support is nothing but a soup sandwich.

#39 ·
Yeah, so AM actually ended up emailing me asking me to call them. I was trying to keep to emails since I'm at work and I don't have my car with me. But it was a good thing I called. I talked to a guy who isn't their email support, and he seems to be escalating things better. They're going to send me out some new SD cards to try to update. He said if that doesn't work I'll need to contact AM for a third replacement. :facepalm:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.