Is this DYNO Sheet Correct? 2001 Cobra w/ minor bolt ons
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 4V / SVT

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #1

m109ner is on a distinguished road

Is this DYNO Sheet Correct? 2001 Cobra w/ minor bolt ons

Not sure how to read this Dyno sheet. Took my 2001 Cobra Vert to a local DYNO that was recommended by a friend. Paid $250 for a "DYNO Test/TUne". Was hoping someone from the forum can read and advise if the results are correct given the bolt on mods below.

*JLT CAI
*UPR Catted X Pipe
*Magnaflow Cat back

If you notice the HP Table reads "362.88HP". However, the line graph doesn't even hit the "300" mark. More like 280-285 or so. He said his inkjet printer was running out of ink - reason why blurred font reading. Seemed genuine enough.

Does 429.47 ft/lbs sound right?

Air/Fuel mixture?

Thanks in advance.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Regular

2003 Mach 1
12.9@110

WooMach1 is on a distinguished road

there is no way, they fucked up on something, 99/01 cobras stock put down around 270rwhp, with those bolt ons + tune your likely to get around 300rwhp and maybe about 310rwtq give or take a few. and when your do dyno run its bases from the rear wheels. Now the horsepower looks close enough to be right, but with those boltons you should be seeing your HP line REALLY close to 300 not around the 280 mark or they have no idea how to tune. as for the Torque... even though that would be awesome to have 429rwtq, your showing over a 100+ more that what your really should have. Your showing more torque outputs then boosted 99/01 cobras. Ive seen dynos showing both numbers being a little high or low if it wasnt SAE corrected, but NEVER have a seen on number be about 20hp short and then show torque being 120 higher.
If i were you, id complain to the dyno shop and tell them they fucked up

JLT RAI - MRT O/R HPipe - Borla - 4.10 Gears - 90mm LMAF
SCT Tuner - Eibach ProSport Springs - MM Lower Contol Arms
Baer Drilled & Slotted Rotors w/Hawk Pads - FR500 9"/10.5" w/Nittos
Exedy Mach 400 Clutch - Exedy Flywheel - MGW Shifter

Old October 16th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #3
Regular

2001 Mustang cobra

sgilbert8277 will become famous soon enough

NO FUCKIN WAY! No way in hell you're makin that kind of tq..

Thats with old shitty CAI that heat soaked like a mofo and plug blow out..

E Thug 4LIFE
Old October 16th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #4

Yeah! After researching it and honking through it, I've come to the conclusion his is totally impossible and that they screwed something up. Maybe even, possibly, giving me someone else's dyno sheet. Maybe even, not uav
Old October 16th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #5

...not even having done anything at all to my car. I'll gve the the benefit of the doubt as I challenged it his afternoon and he's supposed to send me the pull files early in h morning tomorrow.

I'm pulling multiple dyno sheets of 01 cobra verts with similar mods so I can prove to him he is wrong. Send like my A/F line is also incorrect. Should be more like 12.5:1 to 13:1.

Any similar dyno sheets to prove him wrong would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!
Old October 17th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #6
gdl
Regular

99 Cobra, 03 Mach1, 07 CS

gdl is a jewel in the roughgdl is a jewel in the roughgdl is a jewel in the rough

I can't find the dyno sheet file but I have a printout from when we got our Mach1 tuned. The engines are very similar, the cams in the Mach tend to make a little more torque while the cams in your Cobra tend to make a bit more highend horsepower.

Mods are:
BBK Longtubes
BBK Catted H pipe
SSS Adrenaline catback
K&N CAI
PHP 3/8" intake spacer

Max power 319.87 @ ~5200 rpm
Max torque 332.08 @ ~4200 rpm

Torque curve is relatively flat. Showing ~260 @ ~2300 rpm, ramping up to 332 @ ~4200, staying around the 330 mark up to ~5000 rpm, then dropping off to ~240 @ ~6400 rpm.

Horsepower is a nice linear ramp up from ~140 @ ~2300 rpm to ~320 @ ~5000 rpm, then staying relatively flat to ~6200 rpm, then tailing off to ~305 @ ~6400 rpm.

I say your horsepower numbers look a little bit low, especially if they actually tuned your car. There is no way you're making 429 torque, you need a lot more cubic inches or a power adder of some kind to approach that kind of number. And yes the A/F looks way off. If you were really running that lean you'd likely destroy the engine in short order.

2007 Redfire California Special
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...n/2007GTCS.jpg

2003 Dark Shadow Grey Mach 1
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...born/Mach1.jpg

1999 Black Cobra Vert - SOLD
Old October 17th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #7
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast

2012 Mustang GT

UDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond repute

they probably pulled it in the wrong gear is my guess. either that or their computer is calculating wayyy off. Thats a 11 second car with those numbers man.

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee!
Dude if you had a vagina I would end you
Old October 17th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #8
gdl
Regular

gdl is a jewel in the roughgdl is a jewel in the roughgdl is a jewel in the rough

Still can't locate the file that matches the numbers I just posted for the current mods but I did find another file from a previous tuning that more closely matches your configuration. This one is the Mach1 with the K&N CAI, PHP Intake Spacer, Magnaflow Catted X, and Magnaflow catback (not Magnapacks).

Old October 17th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #9
gdl
Regular

Originally Posted by UDEAFBRO? View Post
they probably pulled it in the wrong gear is my guess. either that or their computer is calculating wayyy off. Thats a 11 second car with those numbers man.
I think you hit it on the head, they used the wrong gear. I just noticed the OP's printout shows MPH instead of RPM for the bottom scale and it maxes out at about 110 mph. When I switch my graph to show mph it maxes at close to 135. That would have been with the stock 3.55 gears. Assuming the OP hasn't changed his he'd be running 3.27 so the max speed in 4th should be ~140. I think they did the dyno pulls in 3rd gear.

Old October 17th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #10
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast

2012 Mustang GT

UDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond reputeUDEAFBRO? has a reputation beyond repute

OP, bring the car back and ask them to do it again in 4th. Those torque numbers look way too high. The hp looks almost right at slightly below 300 but the torque is way off. Ask what gear they did the pull in man.

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee!
Dude if you had a vagina I would end you
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #11
MM Fanatic

12.41@114

termi_GT is a glorious beacon of lighttermi_GT is a glorious beacon of lighttermi_GT is a glorious beacon of lighttermi_GT is a glorious beacon of lighttermi_GT is a glorious beacon of light

Most likely dyno calibration is off.
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #12

****UPDATE***
Just got off the phone with the shop manager after a few unanswered calls and one Voice Mail. He said he did another DYNO this morning and the print outs were incorrect. He called his “computer guy” to come in and run some tests as he'd had this glitch before and his “computer guy” fixed it. Now I don’t know that I buy it, but I’ll give anyone the benefit of the doubt at least once. Shit happens…I get it.

In his defense, he promised to get back to me tonight or first thing tomorrow morning with a follow up after his computer guy gets everything fixed. He also said he just wants to make it right for me. He’ll tune and DYNO it again, if he has to (Yes, he will).

Moral of the story is, “Don’t just take your friends word on something, do your research 100% of the time”.

BTW- He does his pulls on 3rd gear and in STD Correct. You can believe I will request 4th gear pulls in SAE Correct…and I will definitely be there to witness the whole thing start to finish.

Anything I need to look out for or request when I take the car in again, please let me know. I want to go in completely prepared.
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #13
Authorized Vendor

BMR Tech has a spectacular aura aboutBMR Tech has a spectacular aura aboutBMR Tech has a spectacular aura about

That does not appear to be a 4V N/A dyno graph, to be honest.

That looks more like a 100 shot 2V GT nitrous graph, or something nitrous injected.

The graph could be wrong due to a malfunction etc, but I am not buying it.

That curve just doesnt look right, regardless of the #'s.

FWIW, 3rd gear pulls will show lower numbers than 4th gear pulls.
CLICK FOR PROPER PINION ANGLE ADJUSTMENT!
CLICK IF YOU LIKE BMR SUSPENSION
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #14
Hardcore Enthusiast

na svt has a spectacular aura aboutna svt has a spectacular aura about

The hp and tq lines should cross at 5250 and these two do not and won't until around 8000rpm. Therefore the hp and tq graphs are from two different combos.

The hp graph is overlayed on the tq graph, note how they do not intersect:
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #15
Hardcore Enthusiast

Along with having the tune done in 4th gear, have the graph printed with SAE factoring and with the RPM, not MPH, at the bottom.
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

Originally Posted by m109ner View Post
****UPDATE***
Just got off the phone with the shop manager after a few unanswered calls and one Voice Mail. He said he did another DYNO this morning and the print outs were incorrect. He called his “computer guy” to come in and run some tests as he'd had this glitch before and his “computer guy” fixed it. Now I don’t know that I buy it, but I’ll give anyone the benefit of the doubt at least once.
This is crap, to print a dynosheet you first open "WINPEP" and then the specific .drf file. It's like opening MS Word and then a specific word document. There's no way that it can open and merge two files at one time.
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #17
Regular

2001 Mustang cobra

sgilbert8277 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by na svt View Post
This is crap, to print a dynosheet you first open "WINPEP" and then the specific .drf file. It's like opening MS Word and then a specific word document. There's no way that it can open and merge two files at one time.
^ +1

I think This guy is dicking you around.. If you do let him re-dyno your car stand next to the computer. You'll see your run on the monitor, no way for it to get "messed up"

E Thug 4LIFE
Old October 18th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #18
Enthusiast

04 mach 1, 07 impala
6.35/ 109 1/8 mle

mikeracing is a jewel in the roughmikeracing is a jewel in the roughmikeracing is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to mikeracing

Originally Posted by UDEAFBRO? View Post
^^^^ def. agree and it would make the tq and hp way higher

and about the 3rd gear with most 4 speed auto's 3rd gear is 1:1 so if they dont do much work with stick cars i could see the f$#@ up but the operator should have known something was up when the car made those numbers without being a bb
Old October 18th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #19
Hardcore Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikeracing View Post
^^^^ def. agree and it would make the tq and hp way higher

This is false, dynoing in 3rd gear results in lower numbers.
Old October 18th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #20
Priest of the Car Gods

Clapped-out '90 GT 'vert
~5.5 seconds off TTOD :(

ReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond repute

If your peak hp is lower than your peak torque, that would mean that your peak hp is happening below 5250 rpm, which is most definitely not the case with most gas DOHC motors I'm aware of, certainly not with any 4v in a Mustang.

EDIT: Apparently the 5.4 out of the Navigator has peak hp below 5250, so I was wrong there and changed my above statement.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.