97 cobra heater hose restrictor
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 4V / SVT

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:08 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

fliguy66 is on a distinguished road

97 cobra heater hose restrictor

Put the motor back in my son's 97 cobra this weekend. One of the things we did while it was out is replace all the cooling system hoses. I noticed that the heater hose that goes from the right head to the heater core has what appears to some sort of restrictor or maybe a filter inside it. The new one we got doesn't have this. Is it necessary? All the other hoses where factory except this one, is this some sort of fix for the motor tick thing?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #2
a.k.a. Racecougar

2004 Mustang GT

Tang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant future

It's there to restrict flow through the heater core. I'd recommend keeping some form of flow restriction to the heater core in place.

2004 Ford Mustang GT-The Driver-BBK CAI, PP TB & Inlet, Steeda UD's, SLP LM1, & 3.73's.
1990 Mercury Cougar XR7-The Meth Addict-5.0L DOHC Stroker w/2.1L KB SC.
1995 Ford F150-Mud Toy-5.0L, 4x4, 33's, & Warn 8274 Winch
Old May 28th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

1997 Mustang Cobra
8.65@84mph

'97'Cobra has a spectacular aura about'97'Cobra has a spectacular aura about'97'Cobra has a spectacular aura about

+1 keep that restrictor in! Leaving the blocker out will can cause the heater core to crack under a heavy load. Absolutely keep it in

Originally Posted by BWAL09 View Post
i usually wave first, but if the guy is sexy and i'm drunk, i might lift up my shirt and flash him as well.
MM Cobra Club Member #61
Old May 29th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #4

fliguy66 is on a distinguished road

Will do, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/4v-svt/303851-97-cobra-heater-hose-restrictor.html
Posted By For Type Date
heater hose restrictor - BBS post summary | BoardReader This thread Refback July 9th, 2013 04:04 PM