terminator swap in fox
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 4V / SVT

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #1

93dohc s/c is on a distinguished road
Talking

terminator swap in fox

im doing a terminator swap in my fox does anyone know how can i make it fit with stock or smallest hood possible as in shorter motor mounts ?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2008, 04:52 PM   #2
MM Ninjas!

2012 F-550 Super Duty

FM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FM1R Send a message via MSN to FM1R Send a message via Yahoo to FM1R Send a message via Skype™ to FM1R

Cut down your motor mounts. In the Novemeber '07 issue of MM&FF they tackle that issue. Also I think that they mentioned a compny that made a custom K member for this application. Goodluck, it's gonna be BMF when finished.
Old May 9th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #3
Enthusiast

mustangrebuilder will become famous soon enough

i have seen a k member just for this swap.

check out like bmr
Old May 9th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #4

terminator swap

my tublar k member thats in my cobra now should bolt in my fox correct
Old May 9th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #5
MM Ninjas!

2012 F-550 Super Duty

FM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FM1R Send a message via MSN to FM1R Send a message via Yahoo to FM1R Send a message via Skype™ to FM1R

Originally Posted by 93dohc s/c View Post
my tublar k member thats in my cobra now should bolt in my fox correct
IDK, if it would.
Old May 10th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #6
Enthusiast

2003 Cobra

1StockGT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 1StockGT

There's a guy I know on the local forum I frequent that is doing the same swap into a notch. From what he's saying it's alot of work, It should be an 8 second car when he's finished though. Good luck with the project though.
Old May 12th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #7
MM Fanatic

baine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to baine21225

i know that AJE makes all their kmembers to order, i'd call them and see if they can fab you one up, then call kooks and have them do up some nice headers
Old May 12th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #8
Priest of the Car Gods

Clapped-out '90 GT 'vert
~5.5 seconds off TTOD :(

ReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond repute

I remember reading about a full Terminator swap into an '84 Collector Edition (one of the cars with the Shelby stripes/GT-350 badging). IIRC, the only exterior mods were the '03 Cobra wheels, so it must be possible to fit the motor under the stock hood.
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:02 PM   #9
MM Ninjas!

2012 F-550 Super Duty

MM&FF put one in a notchback, it has been done numerous times already. I'm anxious to see the pics of this buildup. It's been a dream of mine to build a '93 Cobra clone, and swap in a KB'd or Whipple'd termie w/ 6 spd, and IRS.
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #10
MM Fanatic

baine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura about

sounds like a lot of $$$$$
Old May 14th, 2008, 03:28 AM   #11
Hardcore Enthusiast

88mm

Goblin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Goblin Send a message via Yahoo to Goblin

Originally Posted by baine21225 View Post
i know that AJE makes all their kmembers to order, i'd call them and see if they can fab you one up, then call kooks and have them do up some nice headers
Kooks?????? I was going to have Kooks do my headers for my mod fox swap, and they wanted over $2500!

93 > You'll need atleast a 2.5" cowl hood, or a k-member, with drop mounts if you want to use the stock hood. Good luck with your swap, you'll need it. I didnt have any with mine!
Old May 14th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #12
Enthusiast

AnglicoGT98 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AnglicoGT98

I researched this same thing for about a month. Be ready for ALOT of work and extra $$$ to put into it. You're talking ATLEAST a 10 year difference in technology so almost nothing will be able to swap over on that end. I am not trying to insult you're inteligence by any means, but make sure you go through EVERYTHING before going ahead with this....PITA. (And as a side note...if you need a Termi engine I have one putting out over 450 HP for sale)
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:45 AM   #13
MM Fanatic

Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
Kooks?????? I was going to have Kooks do my headers for my mod fox swap, and they wanted over $2500!

93 > You'll need atleast a 2.5" cowl hood, or a k-member, with drop mounts if you want to use the stock hood. Good luck with your swap, you'll need it. I didnt have any with mine!
that price is ridiculous
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:51 PM   #14

terminator swap

attempted to bolt up 2003 cobra k member it all lines up but i got to cut out the sway bar mount the 1 on the driver side hit the alt... keep u guys posted pics comming soon
Old May 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #15

terminator swap

does anyone know of a trany cross member for this swap
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #16
MM Ninjas!

2012 F-550 Super Duty

I'm guessing that you'll have to fab that up.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: terminator swap in fox
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
96 sohc swap to 04 terminator motor 1quick96 Modular Mustangs 8 December 18th, 2012 06:48 AM
big block fox swap s1089 5.0 Mustangs 2 February 11th, 2008 11:34 AM
Damn This Is Sweet Check It Out (Fox Terminator) 8t6gt The Clubhouse 19 November 26th, 2007 09:53 PM
Fox body Boss Swap coyster 5.0 Mustangs 1 May 13th, 2007 04:58 PM
351W swap into a Fox body Zeek 5.0 Mustangs 12 November 4th, 2006 11:11 PM