intake manifold/heads...98 cobra?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 4V / SVT

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 13th, 2008, 03:44 AM   #1

1998 Mustang

98cobra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 98cobra

intake manifold/heads...98 cobra?

I cant seem to find any company that makes an aftermarket IM. Does anyone know of one. Also what are some good heads to get on a 98 cobra 4v motor? or do the stock one flow just as well?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2008, 05:23 AM   #2
BlackSunshine

I will do some checking around also because I was wondering the same thing..
Old July 13th, 2008, 05:33 AM   #3
BlackSunshine

This is the only thing I can find..

Speed Concepts - M-9424-T46 - FR500 Intake manifold assembly kit fits 1996-1998 with FR500 heads or 1999-2001 stock Cobra heads
Old July 13th, 2008, 07:41 AM   #4
N/A 4v Guru

2003 Mach 1

Doc8224 is a jewel in the roughDoc8224 is a jewel in the roughDoc8224 is a jewel in the rough

There is only the FR500 intake. You can have yours Port and Polished and the runners shortened for more power. As for your heads. there are better flowing heads but it would be good to just have yours Port and Polished

Military Crew
U.S. Army Aviation
Apache's Lead The Way
Old July 13th, 2008, 07:44 AM   #5
mm's nitrous mod

2000 mustang gt
11.79@115.83 (old set up)

SWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud of

the bheads flow very well. they flow too much for DD routine, that is why they have imrc's. they do very well ported, and will make plenty of power. the c heads do better for DD routines and are better chen compared stock to stock with the b head. there is not an aftermarket head casting for the 4.6, all heads are worked over ford castings. as far as intake manifolds go, there are a few places that are making intakes for them but they are very expensive. the answer for those intake are to have them ported and runners cut down. it comes down to how much you want to spend and what you want to do with your car.

project warhorse under construction
wagon burner built! track times coming soon!(04 lightning)

being built by MP2 Performance
follow shop builds on facebook at: MP2 Performance
Old July 13th, 2008, 08:16 AM   #6
BlackSunshine

+1
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:38 PM   #7
MM Ninjas!

2012 F-550 Super Duty

FM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FM1R Send a message via MSN to FM1R Send a message via Yahoo to FM1R Send a message via Skype™ to FM1R

+1 Doc and +1 Sweet
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #8

2004 Mustang Mach I
12.11@115.74

oc192 is an unknown quantity at this point

Before changing your IM what is it your trying to accomplish? For as the heads Doc is correct the FR500 are the best heads for your car. If your planning to add a SC in the future you want to think everything out. Take a look at this shop they are doing some amazing work.

Pro Weld Performance Parts
Old July 13th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #9
Priest of the Car Gods

Clapped-out '90 GT 'vert
~5.5 seconds off TTOD :(

ReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oc192 View Post
Before changing your IM what is it your trying to accomplish? For as the heads Doc is correct the FR500 are the best heads for your car.
Wait, what? That's not what Doc said... (emphasis below is mine)

Originally Posted by Doc8224 View Post
There is only the FR500 intake. You can have yours Port and Polished and the runners shortened for more power. As for your heads. there are better flowing heads but it would be good to just have yours Port and Polished
And how can you ask what he's trying to accomplish, but say the FR500 heads will be the "best for his car" in the next sentence? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say porting his b-port heads is going to be cheaper than buying FR500s, and will have just as good of results under boost.
Old July 13th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #10
MM Ninjas!

2012 F-550 Super Duty

FM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud ofFM1R has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FM1R Send a message via MSN to FM1R Send a message via Yahoo to FM1R Send a message via Skype™ to FM1R

Originally Posted by ReverendDexter View Post
Wait, what? That's not what Doc said... (emphasis below is mine)

And how can you ask what he's trying to accomplish, but say the FR500 heads will be the "best for his car" in the next sentence? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say porting his b-port heads is going to be cheaper than buying FR500s, and will have just as good of results under boost.
I beleive that there was a similar discussion in a thread about a month back.
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:36 AM   #11
N/A 4v Guru

2003 Mach 1

Doc8224 is a jewel in the roughDoc8224 is a jewel in the roughDoc8224 is a jewel in the rough

Why is what I said being argued over? I am talking about the fr500 manifold not the heads. I never said Fr500 heads.

Military Crew
U.S. Army Aviation
Apache's Lead The Way
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #12
MM Ninjas!

2012 F-550 Super Duty

That is why I referenced the last thread
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #13

2004 Mustang Mach I
12.11@115.74

oc192 is an unknown quantity at this point

All of your are correct. I apologize DOC for mis-reading what you said. Nor am I question what you said. I was agreeing with you and asking what his plans are in the future for as building hp. Again, I apologize.
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #14
MM Ninjas!

2012 F-550 Super Duty

Originally Posted by Doc8224 View Post
Why is what I said being argued over? I am talking about the fr500 manifold not the heads. I never said Fr500 heads.
My reference was to bring in mind the arguement that happened, in hope that we don't have a repeat. Relax Doc, I got ya
Old July 14th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #15
N/A 4v Guru

2003 Mach 1

Originally Posted by futureMACH1racer View Post
My reference was to bring in mind the arguement that happened, in hope that we don't have a repeat. Relax Doc, I got ya

I feelsya dog No harm no foul.

Military Crew
U.S. Army Aviation
Apache's Lead The Way
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #16
MM Fanatic

99 cobra
N/A

Mustang RacR94 will become famous soon enoughMustang RacR94 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Mustang RacR94

there's a ad in MMFF towards the back thatd for a company that has a lower manifold that let's you run a carb but it still keeps you Efi thu lol
Pulley
JLT CAI
BBK L/T off road H/steeda catback
SCT MAF
Tune
03 cobra pumps

HVGC
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #17
Regular

bitemark46 has a spectacular aura aboutbitemark46 has a spectacular aura about

FR500 IM is only for 99+ heads. Aside from HCI, currently there is no intake for the b-heads. And I don't think HCI is in business anymore but I could be wrong. Scott at Sullivan Performance is in the progress of releasing a intake for the b-heads. Supposedly it picked up 60hp at peak. There is a thread on Modularfords about it. The only other option is to make a shortrunner out of your stock intake. There are still a few guys that do it, I myself are one. Typical gains range from 15-20rwhp but under the curve I picked up as much as 30rwhp.

Skip the port job on your b-heads. Just do a simple vavle job and open up the exhaust a little. That's all you need. -Mark

-Mark-
98' Cobra 5.5L DOHC B-Head N/A
11.61@118.76 (1.58 60ft)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: intake manifold/heads...98 cobra?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swapping a 98 V6 intake manifold with for a 99 V6 manifold 98mustang V6 Mustangs 6 November 20th, 2010 11:20 PM
Intake Manifold... 01GTstang Parts 6 August 27th, 2008 01:43 AM
got my heads, wich manifold? gotn20 5.0 Mustangs 11 April 15th, 2008 10:16 PM
gt40p heads+cobra intake+150 shot = ?? nasty92LX 5.0 Mustangs 10 June 13th, 2007 09:45 PM