Modded Mustang Forums banner

tach

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  notsoslo5.0 
#1 ·
i just got suprised with a late x mas present that didnt come in the mail til now. i still dont have it yet cuz it shipped to my aunts house, but my uncle and aunt got me a an off brand tach. it has everything included to install, but on a scale from 1-10 how difficult is it to install a 5" tach? thanks any info or suggestions would be appreciated. also im thinking about getting a grant steering wheel hard to do? thanks a lot

#2 ·
tach: hooking it up easy,you just have to run the wires. 1 power wire 2 ground wire 3 wire to the lights 4 pickup wire. this wire leads to the coil if i rember correctly on stock ignitions,if you have an msd or aftermarket ignition its on the ignition box were it hooks up

steering wheel 1 take off old wheel,2 put on adapter for your vehicle,3 put on new wheel.

of course this isnt 100% detailed just the basics but its real easy

#3 ·
Tach shouldn't be too hard just hope they have on line support because some units need Tach adaptors depending on your ignition. Mounting is usually the toughest job, everyone has a different idea where it should go.

You would need to disable your Air Bag sensor, or the light will flash annoyingly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.