brake pads fell off...lol
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:12 PM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT
SLOWER THAN OLD PEOPLE FUCK..:-(

Traidmarx will become famous soon enoughTraidmarx will become famous soon enough

brake pads fell off...lol

so yea my brake pad fell off this morning. from being so worn, i've been so damn busy haven't been able to change them...so i'm waiting on the parts to come in at the auto parts store, and just gonna put all new pads and calipers on it. wow i feel like a tard

but my question is...when swapping them over, will i need to remove the E brake cable or can i just leave it hooked up...sorry i've never done more than change pads when it comes to brakes.

1995 Mustang GT..4.30's,BBK Longtubes, Off Road X-Pipe,Magnaflow Catback,BBK Intake,BBK Underdrive Pulleys Walbro 255lph pump,accel dizzy,MSD Coil,MSD 8.5 Super Conductors,front sway bar removed, more coming soon.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:13 PM   #2
Banned

1992 Lx
11.39@119.24

93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of

thats what street racing does, makes your car fall apart for having a gay driver
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:16 PM   #3
MM Fanatic

95 Mustang GT
depends how many people are pushing

95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice

why are you replacing the calipers? did it tear them up when the pad came off? how bout your rotors I am sure the rotor got ate up?

People should think about boarding up their glass house before starting a rock fight!
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM   #4
Banned

1992 Lx
11.39@119.24

93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of

im guessin the piston got stuck open from all the man juice
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:19 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

89LX347 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Traidmarx View Post
so yea my brake pad fell off this morning. from being so worn, i've been so damn busy haven't been able to change them...so i'm waiting on the parts to come in at the auto parts store, and just gonna put all new pads and calipers on it. wow i feel like a tard

but my question is...when swapping them over, will i need to remove the E brake cable or can i just leave it hooked up...sorry i've never done more than change pads when it comes to brakes.
your emergency brake line runs to the drums at the back of the car, so no. why are you changing the calipers? you will have to take your regular brake lines off for that

I believe in art when it is not seen.
I believe in music when it is not audible.
I believe in God when He is silent.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM   #6
MM Fanatic

baine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to baine21225

Originally Posted by 95StangMX View Post
why are you replacing the calipers? did it tear them up when the pad came off? how bout your rotors I am sure the rotor got ate up?
+1
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:21 PM   #7
Banned

1992 Lx
11.39@119.24

Originally Posted by 89LX347 View Post
your emergency brake line runs to the drums at the back of the car, so no. why are you changing the calipers? you will have to take your regular brake lines off for that
he has disk all the way around
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:22 PM   #8
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT

Traidmarx will become famous soon enoughTraidmarx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 93hatch View Post
thats what street racing does, makes your car fall apart for having a gay driver
i don't street race anymore don't have the time for it. and the reason the brakes are bad is because i don't have time to change them, i have alot of stuff going on that i'm having to take care of at the moment.

the piston in the caliper was stuck...and yea i've got a new rotor for it..only one wheel really had the brakes worn that bad to damage the rotor...all the calipers and stuff to while i'm at it. since i was gonna have to replace the pads and god knows how many years these calipers have been on here...

here is a pic of the pad that came off.
Attached Thumbnails
brake pads fell off...lol-0323090004.jpg  

1995 Mustang GT..4.30's,BBK Longtubes, Off Road X-Pipe,Magnaflow Catback,BBK Intake,BBK Underdrive Pulleys Walbro 255lph pump,accel dizzy,MSD Coil,MSD 8.5 Super Conductors,front sway bar removed, more coming soon.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:24 PM   #9
MM Fanatic

95 Mustang GT

95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice95StangMX is just really nice

yeah that sucks but could have saved yourself some major $$$ by changing the pads and cutting the rotors before you wore them all the way out....

People should think about boarding up their glass house before starting a rock fight!
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:25 PM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT

yea wish i would have but just haven't had anytime man, oh well lesson learned i guess.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:25 PM   #11
MM Fanatic

baine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to baine21225

i don't street race anymore don't have the time for it. and the reason the brakes are bad is because i don't have time to change them, i have alot of stuff going on that i'm having to take care of at the moment.

the piston in the caliper was stuck...and yea i've got a new rotor for it..only one wheel really had the brakes worn that bad to damage the rotor...all the calipers and stuff to while i'm at it. since i was gonna have to replace the pads and god knows how many years these calipers have been on here...

wwwwwooooooooooooowwwwwwww
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM   #12
Hardcore Enthusiast

89LX347 will become famous soon enough

why in the world do you think you need to change the caliper? its not like a brake pad that wears out. your gonna be wasting money
yea wish i would have but just haven't had anytime man, oh well lesson learned i guess.
i think if you have time to get on here then you have some time to change your pads.
Originally Posted by baine21225 View Post
wwwwwooooooooooooowwwwwwww
x10

I believe in art when it is not seen.
I believe in music when it is not audible.
I believe in God when He is silent.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM   #13
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT

i get on here at work....when we're slow....i rarely ever get on the computer when i'm at home.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 03:56 PM   #14
MM Fanatic

95 Mustang GT

and if the pad fell out and his caliper was grinding on the rotor YEAH there is a good chance he scewed up that calliper.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM   #15
Banned

1992 Lx
11.39@119.24

Originally Posted by 95StangMX View Post
and if the pad fell out and his caliper was grinding on the rotor YEAH there is a good chance he scewed up that calliper.
he said the piston was stuck, it had to have been stuck inside the caliper for there to be enough room for the pad to fall out
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:11 PM   #16
MM Fanatic

91GT, 88GT, 02GT

nolife is a jewel in the roughnolife is a jewel in the roughnolife is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 93hatch View Post
he said the piston was stuck, it had to have been stuck inside the caliper for there to be enough room for the pad to fall out
Even that would not allow them to fall out. The pads have ears.

Last edited by nolife; March 23rd, 2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:44 PM   #17
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT

yes and the piston was so stuck open that it pushed the pad so hard against the rotor that it bent the clips back in half and let them fall out...im on my phone right now and gettin ready for bed i got it all changed i will post a pic tomorrow of bad caliper. u can see where it dug about a 1/4 inch into the rotor

Old March 24th, 2009, 01:32 AM   #18
Hardcore Enthusiast

1994 GT

TKOTLARZ is on a distinguished road

yea, i had to do this on my ex's moms car..her pad fell off and was making a horrible grinding noise cause it was stuck..and the caliper needed to be replaced because of it
Old March 24th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #19
meh

========

Notcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to beholdNotcho is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Notcho

I've seen some bad brakes.. people wear the lining of the pad out, then the metal backing of the pad, then the PISTON starts rubbing the rotor... a set of new rotors, pads, and calipers later... the brakes are working again.

Then you see people in town who have no brakes, so they are trying to shove the tranny in reverse to slow down.... (loud grinding noise as reverse lights come on) Maybe my logic is false, but I think replacing the brakes is cheaper than replacing the tranny... lol.

'87 2.3 Notch with +4 cylinder mod

Gas, Grass, or Ass.. nobody rides for free
Black Stang Crew Member #11

Old March 24th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #20
Regular

1989 mustang gt
8th 5.70

chriswao is on a distinguished road

dude dont let this happen again lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: brake pads fell off...lol
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
brake pads. 92hatchback 5.0 Mustangs 10 March 7th, 2009 04:42 PM
Brake pads 04SVTCobra 4V / SVT 20 September 20th, 2008 01:49 PM
brake pads manny122 99 - 04 4 June 18th, 2008 05:50 PM
brake pads JASonic V6 Mustangs 9 August 31st, 2007 01:36 AM
Which brake pads are you using? Twist 2 Go General Tech 8 December 6th, 2005 09:17 AM