Modded Mustang Forums banner

351w swap into foxbody

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Iwannagofast 
#1 ·
just wondering if the stock t5 will bolt up to a 351w...and any year 351w have roller cams? doing a 5lug conversion for my friend and he's telling me he wants to swap out his 302 for a 351w...and i already found him one out of an 95 f250 for $350 running! he's doing carbureted...anything special i need besides headers, oil pan, motor mounts? thanks...

#2 ·
94 and up i think were roller.....but of course you can use the link bar lifter is any block i think....and yes the t5 will bolt up the same

#4 ·
so they have roller capabilitys is what you are saying..cuz i have a couple set of lifters and stuff from 302's, production and aftermarket (can make my own price for him on those :) )..idk remember the last time i looked into a cam, but would a fms alphabet cam work in a 351? i dont remember if it said 302/351...

#10 ·
If you are directing this quote at me then this is my answer:

I got the engine out of a 96 model wrecked one owner truck that still ran. Had less than 86,000 miles on it. I bought the entire engine for $250 bucks. I tore it down souly for the purpose of using the block. I hauled everything else to the junk pile and my Father's hand that worked for him hauled all of the aluminum **** for scrap. So No, I did not own it from factory, but knew the owners of said truck and my Father done all maintenance on their vehicles as they were a long time customer of his out of his shop. The engine was factory in this vehicle and it had a roller cam, lifters and dog bones with spider attached in valley when I removed the intake.

#15 ·
soild and flat

:DCan someone ell me why you would change from flatetppet to roller? and why not stick with solid compared to hydrolic?... i need the same info for my build!

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.