1987 Mustang GT Supercharged?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #1
Regular

1987 Mustang GT

87StangGT is on a distinguished road
Question

1987 Mustang GT Supercharged?

Question, I am looking to put a supercharger in my 87 mustang. Besides the supercharger what else is necessary to install it? I am just trying to figure out all i would need so when the time comes i have it all ready.
Now im just looking to find what the basic things i need nothing more.
thanks.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 4th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #2
Regular

flamestang is on a distinguished road

if more than 5psi fuel system upgades may be needed.
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #3
Regular

1987 Mustang GT

Yea i was looking to get Over 5psi boost. So new fuel pump, injectors. Can the stock cam & head work? I have been looking at the supercharger from Kenne bell. they got a bolt on kit supposedly you just bolt on adjust timing and go. but i have a feeling there is more to that.
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:27 PM   #4
Banned

1992 Lx
11.39@119.24

93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of

42lb injectors
42lb maf
255lph fuel pump
tune
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:34 PM   #5
Regular

flamestang is on a distinguished road

stock cam and heads will work but not the best of course,Keep the boost below 8 if your bottom is stock imo
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #6
Regular

1987 Mustang GT

you say a 42lb MAF. I dont thinK my mustang has a MAF. Unless im that retarded and dont see it!!
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #7
Banned

1992 Lx
11.39@119.24

93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of93hatch has much to be proud of

no it doesnt, im not sure if speed density guys swap when adding boost? someone else will know im sure
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #8
MM Fanatic

baine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to baine21225

I try to get at least a set of gt40s on there
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM   #9
Regular

1987 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by baine21225 View Post
I try to get at least a set of gt40s on there
Where could i find a set of those got a website link?
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #10
Regular

1987 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by 87StangGT View Post
Where could i find a set of those got a website link?
never mind found them
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #11
MM Fanatic

baine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura aboutbaine21225 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to baine21225

get on the corral in the classifieds section
Old November 5th, 2009, 01:12 PM   #12
Banned

flyin ryan is just really niceflyin ryan is just really niceflyin ryan is just really niceflyin ryan is just really nice

Kenne Bell makes blower setups for speed density mustangs so if you did want to keep the speed density then you could go that route because either way the car will need to be retuned by a professional. Being speed density it may rquire a little more dyno time so the tune cost maybe more.

I personally would swap to maf because it's easy but you'll have to pickup a maf computer like a a9l and a meter that matches what injectors you'll be using which i'd suggest 42lb injectors. Aside from that you'll need to upgrade your fuel pump to a walber 255
Old November 6th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #13
Regular

1987 Mustang GT

How hard is it to swap to MAF? And where can i find the parts. Cant go to junk yard cuz around here i cant find 1 5.0 mustang in a junk yard. And is it better to have MAF with a supercharger? New to the supercharged stuff so that why im asking alot of questions. Thanks for all the help tho.
Old November 6th, 2009, 05:57 PM   #14

1987 Mustang LX 5.0
14.0@97

xof014 is on a distinguished road

never done one heard it is pretty easy....ebay,another forum...of course its better to have a maf and you can get away with speed density just less power(maf is safer) ...do you have a supercharger just layin around that you wanna put on or what? id just say h/c/i spray
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #15
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

gaymaro
12.97 @140mph

flattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura aboutflattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura aboutflattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura about

If you go with vortech or powerdyne I have EVERYTHING Minus the head unit. Injectors, maf, 4 to 5 pinm converter for the lightning maf, all the brackets, belts, bolts EVERYTHING.
Old November 7th, 2009, 01:21 AM   #16
Banned

flyin ryan is just really niceflyin ryan is just really niceflyin ryan is just really niceflyin ryan is just really nice

Originally Posted by xof014 View Post
never done one heard it is pretty easy....ebay,another forum...of course its better to have a maf and you can get away with speed density just less power(maf is safer) ...do you have a supercharger just layin around that you wanna put on or what? id just say h/c/i spray
actually speed density (87-88) foxes made the most factory horsepower out of the 87-93 foxes so power difference has nothing to do with it. Another example would be my 87 buick grand national and gmc syclone are both turbocharged from the factory and make goobs of power while both using a map sensor setup just like speed density. Speed density just relies on vacuum so if you get radical with the cam then you throw off the whole fuel and spark map and requires a retune/chip. MAF is just easier to deal with tune and part selection wise.
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:27 AM   #17
The Big Spoon

88 5.0 5 Speed Notch <><
never fast enough

jessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to all

Mass Airflow Conversion - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

comence to fapping!!!
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:05 AM   #18
Enthusiast

1989 GT
KB 2.1L Flowzilla

Arctic Fox will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 87StangGT View Post
Yea i was looking to get Over 5psi boost. So new fuel pump, injectors. Can the stock cam & head work? I have been looking at the supercharger from Kenne bell. they got a bolt on kit supposedly you just bolt on adjust timing and go. but i have a feeling there is more to that.
Installing a KB in to a fox is like a walk in a park. Takes just a few hours. And all i did then was 255 intank, and had to change to under drive crank pulley because 8psi pulley was too big to fit under the stock hood. The 10psi pulley gives me 6psi with the crank pulley. Base timing at 8, no timing retard. I have the Flowzilla kit, so the lower is GT40, but everything else was stock.
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:32 AM   #19
The Big Spoon

88 5.0 5 Speed Notch <><
never fast enough

jessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to all

Arctic, how much power are you throwing down with that set up?
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:57 AM   #20
Enthusiast

1989 GT
KB 2.1L Flowzilla

Arctic Fox will become famous soon enough

I have no idea. Only time i've been to the dyno it made 240 @ 4500, then started to sputter. Very rich all the time at boost. Turned out to be a MAF problem. Now i have 80mm Pro-M MAF and 30lb injectors. Pulls a lot better than before, but no dyno numbers or track times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: 1987 Mustang GT Supercharged?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1987 Mustang (need advise) Thewolfman456 V6 Mustangs 0 June 16th, 2007 02:15 AM
I need some help for my 1987 mustang 5.0 GT Mandy Sanford 5.0 Mustangs 1 April 28th, 2007 05:23 PM