5,0 in 99 mustang help!!!
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 10th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #1

1999 mustang v6

santanabori is on a distinguished road

5,0 in 99 mustang help!!!

hi guys i just have a question i have a 99 mustang v6 and i wonder if i can put a 5.0 in it? if so will there be any problems whit the emission since my car its obd2. and 5.0 are obd1 correct me if im wrong but i been goggle the 5.0 and it seen they all obd1. and if that correct do they have an adapter harness for it. help me out here please. thanks in advance.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2010, 05:29 AM   #2
The Big Spoon

88 5.0 5 Speed Notch <><
never fast enough

jessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to all

It won't be as easy as running an adapter for it. you will need the ecu and harness.
Old January 10th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #3
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

wraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to wraitherx Send a message via Yahoo to wraitherx

+1 you will also need to swap out your K member to one from a 94/95 v6 or a 94/95 5.0. it has been done but is a good amount of work
Old January 10th, 2010, 06:51 AM   #4
The Big Spoon

88 5.0 5 Speed Notch <><
never fast enough

jessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to all

what we are trying to say is if you want a 5.0 but not in a fox, go get a 94 or 95.... it will cost you about the same amount of money/headache.

props for trying to add 2 cyls to your sixxer!

you have been repped accordingly

Last edited by jessemachone; January 10th, 2010 at 06:52 AM. Reason: add
Old January 10th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #5
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

gaymaro
12.97 @140mph

flattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura aboutflattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura aboutflattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura about

Horrible idea.
Old January 10th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #6
Priest of the Car Gods

Clapped-out '90 GT 'vert
~5.5 seconds off TTOD :(

ReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond repute

You can get an OBD2 5.0 HO from an Explorer, but I recommend selling your car and buying a '94 or '95 GT.
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #7

1999 mustang v6

i have a 95,but i like the 99 body i need to know if it can be done and what i need to do. i my case i live in ct, and here you cant change obd2 to obd1 its illegal, it wont pass the emissions i had that problem whit a Honda that i had but they have adapters for computers. this are my first mustangs i don't know much about them, my 95 its way faster than my 99 v6 but i like the 99 body style plus i just have the 99 painted. flattusmaximus78 why you say this a horrible idea?

Last edited by santanabori; January 11th, 2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #8
Enthusiast

99 Cherokee sport/87 5.0
not tested

BostonPerformance is a jewel in the roughBostonPerformance is a jewel in the roughBostonPerformance is a jewel in the rough

The only way I would ever do that was if I had an otherwise built 99-04 sixxer (suspension, etc), needed a new motor, and could afford a crate. You will be HARD PRESSED to find a 94-95 5.0 motor that has been taken care of. It's just not a cost-effective idea. If somebody is selling a 5.0 motor out of an sn-95, then odds are the car is wrecked, so how well do you think it was treated in the first place. I'd say you're better off going FI with your sixxer or selling it and getting a gt.
If I'm right, a FI 99-04 sixxer should be able to take any pre-1996 stock 5.0
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #9
Priest of the Car Gods

Clapped-out '90 GT 'vert
~5.5 seconds off TTOD :(

ReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond reputeReverendDexter has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, what is it about New Edge owners that they'll though so much work to keep that bodystyle? Lol.
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #10

1999 mustang v6

reverend dexter, is just my style preference of the mustangs i think the 99-04 is very nice style, so is the 69 convertible which its my favorite but i cant afford one and i think the fox convertible its pretty nice looking too i was considerating on getting one i currently have a 95 5.0 convertible and a 99 v6 but the 95 im not crazy about the body style but i like the engine i think its so much cheaper to built a 5.0 then a 4.6, or then even going fi on the 3.8. plus the 5.0 engines are everywhere arround here i can pick up and 5.0 engine in a junk yard for $300 while the 4.6 is $1000 to 1500 in the same junk yard.
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #11
Hardcore Enthusiast

1990 Mustang GT
havent gone since gears

Iwannagofast will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Iwannagofast

Originally Posted by BostonPerformance View Post
If I'm right, a FI 99-04 sixxer should be able to take any pre-1996 stock 5.0
well you are NOT right
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #12
Enthusiast

99 Cherokee sport/87 5.0
not tested

BostonPerformance is a jewel in the roughBostonPerformance is a jewel in the roughBostonPerformance is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Iwannagofast View Post
well you are NOT right
A turboed or supercharged split port sixxer won't beat a stock 5.0?
I may very well be wrong... I don't claim to be an expert. But the 95 5.0 made 215hp/285tq, and I can show you a dyno graph of a procharged 2000 sixxer making 304hp/301tq. Assuming the 5.0 has more miles on it in this case, and both are 5 speeds, you're still going to go with the 5.0?
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #13
Enthusiast

99 Cherokee sport/87 5.0
not tested

p.s. I'd take a procharged split port sixxer with 3.73s over your fox in the 1/4...
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #14

1999 mustang v6

justing at vmp tunning is runing TT 00 Mustang V6 runs 10.9@127 with a totally stock 3.8L engine making 450RWHP at 17psi:
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #15

1999 mustang v6

heres the video http://www.v6power.net/images/justin/v2/109.wmv
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #16
Enthusiast

99 Cherokee sport/87 5.0
not tested

Originally Posted by santanabori View Post
justing at vmp tunning is runing TT 00 Mustang V6 runs 10.9@127 with a totally stock 3.8L engine making 450RWHP at 17psi:
oh snap
Old January 11th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #17
Hardcore Enthusiast

1990 Mustang GT
havent gone since gears

Iwannagofast will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Iwannagofast

Originally Posted by BostonPerformance View Post
A turboed or supercharged split port sixxer won't beat a stock 5.0?
I may very well be wrong... I don't claim to be an expert. But the 95 5.0 made 215hp/285tq, and I can show you a dyno graph of a procharged 2000 sixxer making 304hp/301tq. Assuming the 5.0 has more miles on it in this case, and both are 5 speeds, you're still going to go with the 5.0?
my bad i was just skimming and seen that and took the fi as fuel injected instead of forced induction
Old January 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #18
Enthusiast

99 Cherokee sport/87 5.0
not tested

Originally Posted by Iwannagofast View Post
my bad i was just skimming and seen that and took the fi as fuel injected instead of forced induction
lol it's ok. you can just post one of those smileys and rep me and we'll call it a day
lol
Old January 11th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #19

1999 mustang v6

that was funny man, i thought about going fi in my sixer that a lot of money seen like alot work too i seen vortec setup for 5.0 for like 1200 in craigslist.
Old January 11th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #20
Enthusiast

99 Cherokee sport/87 5.0
not tested

Sorry, I'm just not a fan of starting a build with an old, abused car.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: 5,0 in 99 mustang help!!!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Live Broadcast at 5:30 PM Central: Mustang Stories Contest Winner Gets His Mustang unlicensed to drive The Clubhouse 30 July 7th, 2009 09:03 PM
MOFO Production-Turbo 5.4 Stang-600HP Mustang GT-408w mustang-Ported Blower Cobra!! mofobucs Multimedia 24 August 20th, 2008 01:19 PM
Memphis Street Racing 4-13-08 LT1 Z28 Turbo Mustang LS2 GTO WRX STI Audi TT Mustang Mellon Videos 4 April 17th, 2008 08:54 PM
Pirelli P6 Four Seasons fit on 17x8 mustang rims? 97 mustang DiegoAlcala V6 Mustangs 7 April 20th, 2007 09:04 PM
So Md Mustang Club 3rd Annual Mustang & Ford Show Hwyman Mid-Atlantic 0 August 8th, 2006 03:39 PM