lincoln 5.0 in a 89 notch
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:05 AM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

2005 trd tacoma sport

mystk96 will become famous soon enough

lincoln 5.0 in a 89 notch

will the 1989 lincoln 5.0 motor accept parts for the 5.0 mustang motors if not what do i have to do to get the motor able to accept aftermarket parts. such as (bbk ssi intake manifold and trick flow twisted wedge heads.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Regular

notsoslo5.0 is on a distinguished road

well i really dont know about that (no experience) but from what ive heard that ssi manifold is pretty much the worst bang for the buck and youre much better off with the trick flow manifold as well
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:23 AM   #3
Regular

5literJeff is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 5literJeff Send a message via Yahoo to 5literJeff

+1 on what he said about the intake. Im sure the heads will be interchangeable regardless as they fit most small block fords. Other parts it depends on what you want, but alot will interchange regardless if its an ho motor or not.
Old March 8th, 2007, 08:16 PM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

Racinjason81 is on a distinguished road

is the lincoln mass air or speed density?you also might have a roller engine in the lincoln which is good. I think its a bit technical you might have to change the pcm and so on

VTEC stands for Very Torqueless Economy Car

Honda stands for Hold On Not Done Accelerating

1991 LX 5.0 H/B(T-70 turbo coming soon)
Old March 9th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #5
Regular

redalert89 is on a distinguished road

pretty sure that most of it is the same, the distributor gears are slightly larger in the lincoln
Old March 16th, 2007, 04:30 AM   #6

dlaughman is on a distinguished road

I put a town car motor in my 86 t-bird I had to change all acc's on the engine and the upper intake because the throttle body was facing the drivers side so I used all the goodies from a cougar also the waterpump needs changed because the towncar uses a clockwise rotation the others use a reverse rotation find a 5.0 cougar and get all the parts ya need.
Old March 16th, 2007, 05:55 PM   #7
Enthusiast

IcantDo55 is on a distinguished road

Was it a "LSC" if so it was EXACTLY the same as the 87-93 stang motors. If not it was a Non-HO motor that had different heads, cam, intake,TB and firing order. Check out www.coolcats.net for good info on upgrades and infro on non-HO motors.

Stroked and Blown!
Old September 19th, 2010, 01:44 AM   #8

zoomie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to zoomie

or you can just ask me im a lincoln nut, you will have to do what is commonly reffered to as a HO conversion, change acc, intake, injectors, change to 351 firing orde, and use the HO cam pretty simple really, oh and the heads. almost any stang parts will work, just be careful if you have speed density there are only limited number of cams that you can use before switching to mass air. mtw grandmarq.net is a good source as well, sorry bout reviving old post kinda didnt read the date.
Old September 19th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #9
Come at me bro

'89 LX 'Vert
10's or bust... Literally.

302Army187 has a spectacular aura about302Army187 has a spectacular aura about302Army187 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by zoomie View Post
or you can just ask me im a lincoln nut, you will have to do what is commonly reffered to as a HO conversion, change acc, intake, injectors, change to 351 firing orde, and use the HO cam pretty simple really, oh and the heads. almost any stang parts will work, just be careful if you have speed density there are only limited number of cams that you can use before switching to mass air. mtw grandmarq.net is a good source as well, sorry bout reviving old post kinda didnt read the date.
lawl 3 and a half year old thread

www.youtube.com/Xarmy187

Please support my YouTube channel! My videos don't disappoint!
2.2 MILLION views (and counting) can't be wrong!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: lincoln 5.0 in a 89 notch
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Guy, from Lincoln vs Cadillac decibels5 New Members Introductions 5 March 7th, 2007 12:06 PM
Lincoln LS itschristorres8 All Other Vehicles 4 February 25th, 2007 02:11 AM
4.6 out of a lincoln? MustangDrew212 Modular Mustangs 6 December 17th, 2006 01:09 PM
LINCOLN LSC 5 LUG CONVERSION 173speed 5.0 Mustangs 30 March 6th, 2006 11:22 AM