Modded Mustang Forums banner

HP estimate??

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  1slo5.0 
#1 ·
So i recently bought an 89 lx and was told it has close to 400 whp. So here are some mods. let me know what you think.
302 bored .30 over to 306
1.6 roller rockers
f303 cam ( dont know the specs)
hooker midlength headers
mac catback, no cats.
650 carburetor
afr 165 heads
eagle beam rods
.. and im sure a couple more smaller things.. So what do think it should be making. Im real curious. Let me know. and thanks guys

#11 · (Edited)
I wouldn't say 4 hundy especially not at the wheels, but I would hope more than the above estimates, unless were talking about an auto and I missed that, other wise what's the point of the afr's if I'm in that range with the p-heads? Check out my sig, for some reason I can't upload my dyno sheet, but I put down 284rwhp/303rwtq with my setup, his should oust mine by quite a bit especially when looking at the september 03 MM&FF where they did a head shoot out and those were good for another 60 PEAK over the gt40p's. Not sure as far as how the f-cam looks to the afm b21 but still I would tend to lean to more than what has been stated. Try a search on youtube for 284rwhp 303rwtq 1986 mustang on Livernois dyno at back to the bricks, for vid.

#12 ·
You didn't list an intake but I'm going to assume with things like the F303 cam that whoever put it together used a dual plane intake like a Performer intake. That set up will be lucky if it makes 400hp at the flywheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.