Would this be a nice project car? - Page 2
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #21
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

mustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nice

Do you know what size the tires and wheels are on it? I may get those as well if they are the right size I want.
Hell, I might buy the whole exhaust from you if it is not rusty
04 N/A Terminator swap,T56,O/R X pipe, Borla Stingers,Tubular front suspension,Coilovers,Koni Shocks/Struts,MM Subframe Connectors,Steeda front/rear sway bar,MGW short throw shifter,staggered Cobra wheels,Cobra front/rear bumpers,S281 Wing,300rwhp
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #22
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

1991 Ford Mustang GT

ryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of light

Did you buy the car after seeing this thread or did you know about from seeing it on corral ?

DART 331ci stroker, AFR 185 heads,
Trick Flow R intake,
Accufab 70mm tb, 75mm pro m Maf, 30lb injectors,
jba headers, 2 1/2" x pipe
flowmaster super 10 mufflers,
255 fuel pump,
3:27 gears
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #23
Regular

91 Fox Hatch

Superrmario is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mustangmaniac95 View Post
He said the vibration was at 4k and above which makes me think maybe its a motor mount

Gotcha, I may hit you up on the exhaust. Let me know how the Borla sounds on there
Will do. the exhaust may be yours other than the long tubes. i have to see if they fit my fox.
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #24
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

mustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nicemustangmaniac95 is just really nice

Well if you keep the longtubes, the prochamber won't do me any good lol
Once you get it, if you wouldn't mind taking a video of it so I can see what it sounds like, I'd appreciate it.
04 N/A Terminator swap,T56,O/R X pipe, Borla Stingers,Tubular front suspension,Coilovers,Koni Shocks/Struts,MM Subframe Connectors,Steeda front/rear sway bar,MGW short throw shifter,staggered Cobra wheels,Cobra front/rear bumpers,S281 Wing,300rwhp
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #25
Regular

91 Fox Hatch

Originally Posted by ryanw View Post
Did you buy the car after seeing this thread or did you know about from seeing it on corral ?
I can't lie and say i saw it on Corral because i didn't. I saw it here, read the thread there, saw it was for sale since 2010 and jumped on it.
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #26
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by Superrmario View Post
I can't lie and say i saw it on Corral because i didn't. I saw it here, read the thread there, saw it was for sale since 2010 and jumped on it.

Old March 28th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #27
Regular

91 Fox Hatch

Well if you keep the longtubes, the prochamber won't do me any good lol
Once you get it, if you wouldn't mind taking a video of it so I can see what it sounds like, I'd appreciate it.
Will do
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #28
Atomized

gotn20 will become famous soon enough

balancer is super common and since it's had the bottom end out it could be a balancer issue but it most likely started recently witch points to balancer.
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #29

1991 Ford Mustang GT

ryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of lightryanw is a glorious beacon of light

And the lesson of the day kids.... dont post links to any thing your trying to buy, if you figure out that for what ever reason you no longer want the item, then post the link....

Trick Flow R intake,
255 fuel pump,
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #30
Hardcore Enthusiast

1991 gt cobra clone
17.48@77.8

tyler97 is on a distinguished road

exactly^ just post what it has not a direct link
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #31
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

I'm over it lol, figure I save that money towards my new 5.0 in a year or two.
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #32
Regular

91 Fox Hatch

I'm over it lol, figure I save that money towards my new 5.0 in a year or two.
If you want, I called MAC and they stated the Long Tubes and Pro chamber will not fit a fox unless I do some serious hacking.

I am not sure if they are just chrome or ceramic coated at this time, nor do I know the size of the tubes and collectors.

Their yours if you want. It will take a bit to pull them off and the such so give me some time if your interested.
Old April 8th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #33
Regular

91 Fox Hatch

On the way home with the bitch hooked to a dolly.

7hrs into a 10hr drive home.

Old April 8th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #34

1991 Ford Mustang GT

The car looks clean from that pic.

Is it as good as the pics look or is it junk ? Other then the engine i mean.....

Trick Flow R intake,
255 fuel pump,
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #35
Regular

91 Fox Hatch

Originally Posted by ryanw View Post
The car looks clean from that pic.

Is it as good as the pics look or is it junk ? Other then the engine i mean.....
Its not as good as the picture looks, but not junk either. In the looks department is has some body rot, bumper is banged up as well, and needs to be painted. Would make a PERFECT roller for some looking to set a strip car.

The guy i purchased it from wasn't lying when he said it vibrated. I feel it at idle all the way through the RPM band. It is bad enough to rattle your molars out!

The suspension is TIGHT and handles great. Leaks oil like a sive, which leads me to believe that the vibration is one of four things. Twisted crank, flywheel, clutch weight fell off or HB is bad. Owner state it ran good for 2 years, then all of a sudden it started vibrating. He changed out the HB with the same outcome.. this is why i think the crank or clutch...

Not that i really care about the vibes since the bottom end is not going to be used.

More to come, i just arrived home after a 24hr round tripper to Kentucky. Need to.sleep.
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #36
Hardcore Enthusiast

91 Mustang GT
8.97 @ 162

gripthenboost will become famous soon enoughgripthenboost will become famous soon enough

I will bet the vibration is because of a bad harmonic balancer. Its a nice car for $2,000.00. But im not a fan of that body.
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #37

gaymaro
12.97 @140mph

flattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura aboutflattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura aboutflattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura about

Lmao, op posts it up and the other dude snatches is up haha.
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #38

gaymaro
12.97 @140mph

flattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura aboutflattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura aboutflattusmaximus78 has a spectacular aura about

To the guy that bought that car, good luck. Prob thrashed up parts inside and everywhere else. Especially when the guy that sold it opens the hood to take pictures and lets it hail and rain in on the engine.
Old April 8th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #39
Regular

91 Fox Hatch

Originally Posted by gripthenboost View Post
I will bet the vibration is because of a bad harmonic balancer. Its a nice car for $2,000.00. But im not a fan of that body.
I dont think so and 99.9% sure it is something else other than the balancer. He tried three diffrent HB's to my knowlege with the same outcome.

I actually paid $1500 and purchased it as a parts car since I have a 91 fox. The roller will be sold off, but what ever parts I can scavange from it, I will. I purchased it for the top end only and everything else is gravy.

Originally Posted by flattusmaximus78 View Post
To the guy that bought that car, good luck. Prob thrashed up parts inside and everywhere else. Especially when the guy that sold it opens the hood to take pictures and lets it hail and rain in on the engine.
The car wasnt taken care of as it should have been, or should I say, how I would have taken care of it. The engine runs strong, but has a vibration, tranmission is smooth, the rear has no noise, the suspension is spot on and is as tight as I have ever felt and the Panhard rod just locks the tail end in.

He took pictures when i requested so thats why the hood is open. The car sat for a while outside so the sun got to the paint and dirtied the whole car up.
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #40
Regular

91 Fox Hatch

Just some more detailed pictures of the car.

At the sellers house

At my house

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Would this be a nice project car?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New here with a nice 331 GearBngR New Members Introductions 7 August 23rd, 2011 01:19 AM
Everyone have a nice day dgt_mustang The Clubhouse 6 July 31st, 2008 10:13 PM
Old, but nice pic ZOOTOXIN Pictures 1 November 6th, 2007 04:27 PM
nice mpboy The Clubhouse 4 October 1st, 2007 11:30 PM