87 gt upgrade
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:29 AM   #1
Regular

87 mustang gt

Stang6er is on a distinguished road

87 gt upgrade

Ok so ive had the car awhile and its been sitting around mostly and now that ive got some moneys I'm thinking about rebuilding it. From what I was told it was an 87 mustang and had some motor mods. Only thing I remember is it had a ford f cam and a borla exhaust. But it has a maf and cobra intake. Leads me to believe it has a different motor than original. So what I'm getting at is where are the numbers located on the motor so I can look it up and find out what its from and if the cam is any good for a 320-350 Hp build? My goals for the motor are above Hp numbers and a reliable motor that will last awhile. I'm not working with a ton of money as I need to buy a roller for it , rebuild and test the block as well as some decent used heads. Also I have 373 gears in it with a t5 trans that I want to swap with a t56 so I can use that gas saving gear but still get up and roll when I floor it. . Any ideas are useful to give me a general range with a setup similar to the items listed above.

Thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

1989 Black LX---Turbo

horsepowerjunkie has a spectacular aura abouthorsepowerjunkie has a spectacular aura about

Any gas savings you will encounter swappinng from a T5 to a T56 will be ate up from the cost of the T56 swap, IMO.

For the HP goals you are looking for, I would just use the stock short block with the Trick Flow kit below. Good luck with your build!
Trick Flow® 360 HP Twisted Wedge® Top-End Engine Kits for Ford 5.0L TFS-K514-360-350 - SummitRacing.com
73 Dart Sport 340, 410ci, Indy 360-2 CNC+
72 Demon 340 4-speed 1 of 1667
01 Ram Quad Cab
03 Grizzley 660
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Regular

87 mustang gt

What else do u think I should get with that kit. I have about 2800 to get some parts and the roller and that would take it all so it would have to wait a little longer so I can do it all at once but it seems like a really nice bolt on kit.
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #4
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

1991 Mustang LX 5.0

FastStang91Lx is just really niceFastStang91Lx is just really niceFastStang91Lx is just really niceFastStang91Lx is just really niceFastStang91Lx is just really nice

What is this roller that you keep talking about. What is it?
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

1989 Black LX---Turbo

horsepowerjunkie has a spectacular aura abouthorsepowerjunkie has a spectacular aura about

You are gona need a 255lph fuel pump, 24 lbs(min) injectors, matching calibrated mass air meter, 70mm throttle body & spacer, and a possible tune & you'll be set!!
73 Dart Sport 340, 410ci, Indy 360-2 CNC+
72 Demon 340 4-speed 1 of 1667
01 Ram Quad Cab
03 Grizzley 660
Old January 13th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

94 Mustang Gt

nkausch will become famous soon enoughnkausch will become famous soon enough

I am a bit confused as to what you mean by this roller too?

But if you only have 2800 unless you buy used that isn't enough for a t56 swap.

And 350 all motor is a good deal of power from a 302. You'll need a good set of aluminum heads, intake and a good cam.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

70mm Turbo Build
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #7
Regular

87 mustang gt

A rolling body. I have one but its in bad shape and its also a vert which I don't want. I'm thinking about getting a wet shot and I have a f303 cam already and it has a cobra intake that is red(I don't know if that is stock or a aftermarket one that was painted. If anyone knows please let me know.) I don't remember if the Tb is a stock or not. I'm going to start disassemling it either tomorrow or Tuesday and should have a better idea then. Also with the borla exhaust, o/r h pipe what kind of power should I be around now.? If I can manage around 285/350 id be happy cause ill just get a nitrous kit.
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #8
Regular

1988 My Way

demolitionman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by horsepowerjunkie View Post
Any gas savings you will encounter swappinng from a T5 to a T56 will be ate up from the cost of the T56 swap, IMO.

For the HP goals you are looking for, I would just use the stock short block with the Trick Flow kit below. Good luck with your build!
Trick Flow® 360 HP Twisted Wedge® Top-End Engine Kits for Ford 5.0L TFS-K514-360-350 - SummitRacing.com
Drool - if I had the money I swear my car would look great in that kit
1988 LX AOD - Cobra Clone Body - TFS TW Heads - TFS Stage 1 Cam - FRS 4:10 Gears - Mass Air 24lb Inj - 93 Cobra Intake Ported 1" Spacer - BBK 70mm TB - Steeda Pulleys - Racing Pistons - BBK Cold Fender Air - Flowmaster 40s-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.