Vert paint progress, and a question...
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > 5.0 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #1
Regular

1992 mustang lx 5.0

92Lx5.0 is on a distinguished road

Vert paint progress, and a question...

So just got back from the guy who's painting my cars booth (had to drop off some more paint reducer) and i've got to say never loved my car more he's only done half the coats of paint, and will be doing the clear by the end of tonight or tomorrow. Also the cheap ebay hood everyone said was junk and wouldn't fit actually did fit pretty well (to my surprise, everyone scared me shitless making me think i made a very very bad purchase)! only thing is it had alot of prep work needed, so i give you that much! but overall after seeing it on the car i don't regret the purchase at all.
So here's my question (well asking for tips/advice rathar) i'm swapping in a rear end please feel free to chime in if you've got any experience with this! I've got a fox rear end set up with 5 lug and 3.73's so i'm going to swap it for my 4 lug orig.
Thanks in advance!
here's the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Vert paint progress, and a question...-20130329_175431.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 30th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #2
Regular

1988 My Way

demolitionman will become famous soon enough

I'm confused are you saying you changing what everyone wants a 5 lug conversion back to a 4?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1988 LX AOD - Cobra Clone Body - TFS TW Heads - TFS Stage 1 Cam - FRS 4:10 Gears - Mass Air 24lb Inj - 93 Cobra Intake Ported 1" Spacer - BBK 70mm TB - Steeda Pulleys - Racing Pistons - BBK Cold Fender Air - Flowmaster 40s-
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

1993 Mustang GT

fb93 is a glorious beacon of lightfb93 is a glorious beacon of lightfb93 is a glorious beacon of lightfb93 is a glorious beacon of lightfb93 is a glorious beacon of lightfb93 is a glorious beacon of light

The rear itself will go right in. Do you have the correct speedo gear for those 3.73? The speedo wont read right without it.

Once you have the rear end in start the control arm bolts but dont tighten them completely, you will do that later. When the springs go in make sure the ends of the pigtail at the bottom face the same direction from side to side or the car will sit uneven.

The control arm bolts on the axle side get 70-100ft-lbs and the control arm bolts on the body side get 77-105ft-lbs. Torque them once the car is back on the ground. If you torque them while the axle is hanging free the bushings will bind. The driveshaft bolts get 40-56ft-lbs. Use a little threadlocker on them. Everything else (shocks, etc.) is pretty straight forward.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 30th, 2013, 02:29 AM   #4
Regular

1992 mustang lx 5.0

92Lx5.0 is on a distinguished road

No I'm going to 5 lug sorry if I wasn't clear on that. What do you Mean bind I keep seeing people say this on suspension threads and am also unsure if this is even good or bad lol I'm a noob so troll me if you Will lol also didn't know I had to change my Speedo for gear swap thought if anything maybe just a calibration... but as I said I'm a Noob and have never done this lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.