Modded Mustang Forums banner

Standard tire size for 16 inch mustang pony rims

9K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  cobralini 
#1 ·
I have 16 in ch pony rims on my 87 GT and they have 245 50 16's on them. It appears to be too much meat hang from the rim which also gives the car a spongy ride so I would like to go with standard tires.

#5 ·
I just want a strong stock car. .... I took the off road h-pipe off and put the stock one back on, now if I can just get some one to trade me a stock air filter for this K&N I have my project will be complete.

:D

In the future I will go with a X pipe with high flow cats, upgrade the wires and ignition coil, go with Cobra R rims and a B&M quick throw shifter with 3.73 gears. I will finish off with 30 HP worth of stickers and decals on the front quarter panal and I will be done.
:award

#8 ·
ford used 225/55-16 tires on those wheels.

#12 ·
You will have to read my post right before Turp's response to catch the joke.

The 245-50-16 gives my car that rim on the tire feel and not the tire on the rim feel. It seems like I can spin the tire right off.

I will eventually go with cobra R's with the rears being alittle wider (deeper) then the front and using the correct tire size for the rim. That will be awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.